Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server for a GameServer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server for a GameServer

Looking for at least 10GB of ram
Most powerful cpu possible for the price
200mbps upload
SSD 60gb

Dirty cheap price. I want to feel like I'm robbing you

LOL!

Comments

• Soyoustart, OVH or Hetzner Server Auction will probably be your best bet depending on budget.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • MorpheusxenoMorpheusxeno Member
    edited May 2020

US locations please!

Thanks for the tip. Most of these servers offer too much SSD, or too much ram. I don't need much more in specs than my request, which is an attempt to keep the price low

• Bandwidth limit?
    Specific CPU in mind (Single or multithreading)?
    We really need more information! Ikoula would be your best bet, but you seem to want a U.S. location. If 100TB bandwidth doesn't matter, you would probably find a good deal from NOCIX
    https://www.nocix.net/custom-dedicated-servers/
    I would seriously recommend a VPS or Hybrid server for this spec at such a price, but good luck with your budget!

• Probably only use like 100-150 GB a month in bandwidth
    I prefer a CPU with Single Thread raiting over 2000
    and a multi thread raiting over 15000

I would use a VPS, except rust game server doesnt really care for lower performing CPUs

• Hell i could honestly get away with 8GB ram if it meant saving 5-10 bucks.

• Honestly something like this is pretty good except...

I dont need 480gb of ssd, 60 gb is fine for me. I dont need 5 IPs, just 1. and No need for the 4TB drive and i could take half the ram.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@Morpheusxeno said:
    Honestly something like this is pretty good except...

I dont need 480gb of ssd, 60 gb is fine for me. I dont need 5 IPs, just 1. and No need for the 4TB drive and i could take half the ram.

Any budget?
    Also your requirement should be the DDoS protection instead of CPU or RAMs

For a public gameserver you will definitely get attacks soon

• The cheapest server I could find to meet these requirements is as follows:
    e3-1270v2
    20TB Bandwidth @ 1gbps
    1TB Raid-1 HDD
    8gb ECC Memory
    I know that it's hard drive, and way more storage than you need but as I said, for $24/month it's the cheapest I could find. It's billed quarterly and I've not heard of the provider before this, so if I were you, I'd do my research before going with them. Link

• How about the SYS Game-1 for 42$/m as @WSCallum recommended already. Especially with the included ddos protection it might come in handy. Personally, I would additionally look out for a vps with dedicated resources, though I don't know any in NA.

• I'm not tooooo terribly worried about ddos protection, it's a bonus but it's not that serious of a server yet.

@PineappleBox said:
    The cheapest server I could find to meet these requirements is as follows:
    e3-1270v2
    20TB Bandwidth @ 1gbps
    1TB Raid-1 HDD
    8gb ECC Memory
    I know that it's hard drive, and way more storage than you need but as I said, for $24/month it's the cheapest I could find. It's billed quarterly and I've not heard of the provider before this, so if I were you, I'd do my research before going with them. Link

This link of yours isn't working... For 24 bucks... That's more something I'm willing to try.

• what game you trying to host?

• Morpheusxeno said: This link of yours isn't working... For 24 bucks... That's more something I'm willing to try.

Here is a fixed link, sorry bout that.

• Ideally I dont want to spend more than 30 bucks a month on the server. > @PineappleBox said:

Morpheusxeno said: This link of yours isn't working... For 24 bucks... That's more something I'm willing to try.

That server shows 72 $ a month, or the first amount due.

• PineappleBoxPineappleBox Member
    edited May 2020

Morpheusxeno said: That server shows 72 $ a month, or the first amount due.

PineappleBox said: It's billed quarterly

As I said earlier, it's billed quarterly, so (and this can be seen from the website), you pay for each 3-month period, that's part of the reason why I had suggested looking into them (That isn't uncommon from hosts, but it's good to know a bit beforehand).

Also, as of today SoYouStart has a flash sale which is pretty relevant to your request Link

edited May 2020

Does anyone have any BIG cpu performance VPS they would be willing to let me try out. Total amount of download would be 5.8GB for a couple hours.

I've done some research and some say a few vps weren't too bad.

Trying to remain cheap though.

edited May 2020

@PineappleBox said:

Morpheusxeno said: That server shows 72 $ a month, or the first amount due.

PineappleBox said: It's billed quarterly

As I said earlier, it's billed quarterly, so (and this can be seen from the website), you pay for each 3-month period, that's part of the reason why I had suggested looking into them (That isn't uncommon from hosts, but it's good to know a bit beforehand).

Also, as of today SoYouStart has a flash sale which is pretty relevant to your request Link

Server has to be located in USA prefer central if possible. You been an really active on this thread and very helpful. Thank you kind sir.

At home I have a 1 GB/s internet connection. With unlimited horse power.

Is there something I can route all my dynamic IP traffic through a dedicated ip?

I don't want a dyndns service unless that service it self broadcasts the information as if it was the server. I want the dynamic ip entirely hidden. All traffic would route specifically through the dedicated one.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Check out dedicated.com. We host most our machines with them.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@PineappleBox said:
    The cheapest server I could find to meet these requirements is as follows:
    e3-1270v2
    20TB Bandwidth @ 1gbps
    1TB Raid-1 HDD
    8gb ECC Memory

Thanks for sharing our signup link. We've been in business since 2012. Our website is at:
    https://1gservers.com

@Morpheusxeno said:
    Ideally I dont want to spend more than 30 bucks a month on the server. > @PineappleBox said:

Morpheusxeno said: This link of yours isn't working... For 24 bucks... That's more something I'm willing to try.

That server is $72/quarter which results in $24/mo. You can find this server, and our other LET specials at this page:
    https://1gservers.com/auto-deploy-servers-letspecial.html

edited May 2020

@1gservers said:

@Morpheusxeno said:
    Ideally I dont want to spend more than 30 bucks a month on the server. > @PineappleBox said:

That server is $72/quarter which results in $24/mo. You can find this server, and our other LET specials at this page:
    https://1gservers.com/auto-deploy-servers-letspecial.html

Show me some big boy CPU, 8-16GB of ram, SSD 60gb~ ish under 40 bucks, my own windows install -- and i'll we will be looking in the right direction.

Seeing this on your contact form and no live support however isnt very promising.

Can you offer this

With an SSD?

@Morpheusxeno please e-mail [email protected] and we'll be happy to see what we can do.

• Email Sent.

@Morpheusxeno said:
    Email Sent.

Thanks for letting us know about that error message. I do see that we received your message anyway from the form. We'll have our web team look into the error message.

edited May 2020

Im still open to other offers if anyone can match or beat

With an SSD instead of a hardrive.

I havent received a response yet from 1gservers I would like to try to have a server operational today.

• Still looking!

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@Morpheusxeno said:
    Still looking!

You need to take off your night-dark sunglasses to better be looking!

• @Morpheusxeno said:
    Still looking!

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=281
    Lots more options there.

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1808479
    AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4Ghz 6 core 12 thread with 3.9GHz boost
    32GB DDR4
    480GB SSD or 256GB NVMe or 1TB HDD
    30TB over 1Gbps
    Server board w/ IPMI
    1 Usable IPv4 & Full /64 IPv6
    $42.99 / Mo

• HostYDHostYD Member, Host Rep

@Morpheusxeno Checkout this link

Config
    $45 $30 / month (LET Discount)
    8 GB RAM
    2 vCPU (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2686 v4 @ 2.30GHz)
    160 GB SSD
    2.5 TB Traffic
    benchmark: https://pastebin.com/raw/WKMBa777

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

I think 2.3GHz is way too slow for game servers. At least it used to be when I was hosting a few. Maybe not for this one tho.