Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mailcheap for standard email (or others?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mailcheap for standard email (or others?)

tdwuktdwuk Member

Hi,
I am an intermediate noob who has setup runcloud to manage some of the vps servers I picked up in the BF offers last year.
I am trying to figure how best to handle email for the wordpress sites. I was thinking of mailgun for the standard transactional login/admin emails but for standard email accounts I am not sure.
I will most likely only have something like a main admin or sales email account for the site.
Runcloud mentioned MXRoute and Mailcheap. Both seem to be active here.
I am interested in Mailcheap for the low setup cost.
Is anyone actively using it on here?
Is it straightforward to setup after modifying the dns?
I was a bit confused about the control panel, I will be using this for my own sites so I just want to login and manage the accounts and check the emails. From the documentation I think it says I have to make a separate user and then login to check mail, is that the case?
If there is a free and easy to setup alternative service, I am all ears :smile:
Thanks.

Comments

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@tdwuk Thanks for the mention. The setup is fairly straightforward as it involves (i) adding your domains & mailboxes from the admin panel and (ii) updating DNS records : https://www.mailcheap.co/help/nms/getstarted/

From the documentation I think it says I have to make a separate user and then login to check mail, is that the case?

Each mailbox is a MailUser (account type/permission level) while with a shared plan you would receive a single DomainAdmin account to manage your domains and email accounts (MailUsers). Details on permission levels: https://www.mailcheap.co/help/nms/setupmail/#what-is-mail-portal

Unless you need to manage the MailUser, there is no requirement to log in to admin panel to view emails, you may do it directly from a native client (like Thunderbird/Outlook) or webmail.

There is a limited demo available here.

We also have a 14-day money back guarantee for Enterprise Email - Shared product, so feel free to try it without any worries!

Pavin.

Thanked by 1tdwuk
  • You should check out Dynu's email services. They automatically setup the DNS as well. They provide a control panel to manage your accounts and other settings and a webmail to check your email so this may be suitable for you.

Thanked by 1tdwuk
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2020

TBH both MailCheap and MXroute is easy to use. If you don't want to make seperate users but recieve from multiple usernames, you can set up catch all to single account ;)

Thanked by 1tdwuk
  • tdwuktdwuk Member

@WiredBlade said:
    You should check out Dynu's email services. They automatically setup the DNS as well. They provide a control panel to manage your accounts and other settings and a webmail to check your email so this may be suitable for you.

Thanks, they never came up in my research.