Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I would like to know more about Virtualizor and more
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I would like to know more about Virtualizor and more

o_be_oneo_be_one Member
edited May 2020 in General

Hello LET,

Has a hosting enthusiast, I often check your tools you have as provider and how they work, what you use, what you match together, etc.

Looks like most of the time it’s the duo SolusVM and WHMCS that are put together.

I’ve recently heard that Virtualizor had a major change recently, and I wanted to try a demo. The demo link lnt their website is broken, and it’s not the only thing that is broken on their website.

So I have few questions for you to help me to understand how it works:

• if you are using it, how do you feel about it? Do you like it?
  • they seems to say that there is a billing system included, why you would not use it?
  • if you don’t use it, why?
  • is Virtualizor panel buggy like their website?
  • why most of you doesn’t offer any hourly billing?
  • what is better than Virtualizor?

Side question: why some providers doesn't let their customers mount their iso themselve?

And final question: what the fuck with SolusVM actually? Why more and more providers tends to say it’s starting to be wrong? What would you use to replace it?

Special note for @Francisco : why Stallion is not commercialized (I really like the clean look of Stallion) ^^?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Would require a whole other team just for maintenance and such.

It could be done, it would just need a lot of features added to bring it up to par on the admin side.

Francisco

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@o_be_one said:

This is probably easier to do as a much larger company than most who talk or advertise here. Imagine someone spinning up a few 32GB VM for 30 minutes then deleting them, and having to setup new hardware for those types of hourly orders.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@o_be_one Did you saw Virtualizor once?
    Its a javascript maniac with a lot of shit popups.
    its so fucking awful designed.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • seriesnseriesn Member

@o_be_one said:
    Hello LET,

Hello!

Has a hosting enthusiast, I often check your tools you have as provider and how they work, what you use, what you match together, etc.

Looks like most of the time it’s the duo SolusVM and WHMCS that are put together.

I’ve recently heard that Virtualizor had a major change recently, and I wanted to try a demo. The demo link lnt their website is broken, and it’s not the only thing that is broken on their website.

So I have few questions for you to help me to understand how it works:

• if you are using it, how do you feel about it? Do you like it?

It is good when it works, which has been the case more recently (or I have gotten comfortable with their bugs to develop patch at a faster speed. ). Their support has improved a lot. Comparing to the alternative, this is the best affordable option out there.

• they seems to say that there is a billing system included, why you would not use it?

Because it is not a full CRM but just a billing system for VM. Less customization. No reason to use it when whmcs/blesta takes care of the billing and much more :)

• is Virtualizor panel buggy like their website?

Yes. But has gotten a lot better and improving day by day.

As @MikeA said, not worth the investment. Plus becomes an abuse heaven. (DO/AWS/Vultr became a spammer heaven).

• what is better than Virtualizor?

Many things. Depends on how much one is looking to spend.

And final question: what the fuck with SolusVM actually? Why more and more providers tends to say it’s starting to be wrong? What would you use to replace it?

Solus.io is expensive and not meant for Lowend industry. Host has to pay $5/core just for the licensing alone,

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @MikeA thanks for your answer. Wanted to know why a provider like you would not like to let the user mount himself the ISO he wants? Is it a missing feature of the panel you chosed or a way to prevent some kind of abuse?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@o_be_one said:
    @MikeA thanks for your answer. Wanted to know why a provider like you would not like to let the user mount himself the ISO he wants? Is it a missing feature of the panel you chosed or a way to prevent some kind of abuse?

I use SolusVM, I haven't paid for custom development to do that and it's not a feature of SolusVM and never will be.

Thanked by 1o_be_one