Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know how I can urgently get hold of someone at OVH?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone know how I can urgently get hold of someone at OVH?

CybrCybr Member

All my servers are down due to a system error and there has been no response to tickets for almost a week now.

Comments

• boerndboernd Member

Try to call them

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Try to call them

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2020

Given the way OVH works, calling them is best bet. However, have you tried fixing it, their netboot because they have almost everything automated, other than hardware failure, you don't really need them.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Open a ticket and then call them and let them know the ticket number , that way issue is solved a bit faster.

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

call them.... servers down for a week? sounds like a payment issue?

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • A week?! Lol, are you sure it's something you can't fix yourself? Plenty of people have zero issues currently with OVH.

• Well, you can try contacting Octave.

https://twitter.com/olesovhcom

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

@sdglhm said:
    Well, you can try contacting Octave.

He doesn't reply to the common man anymore.

Edit: Unless you're a Frenchman.

Thanked by 1pike
  • boerndboernd Member

@MikeA said:

@sdglhm said:
    Well, you can try contacting Octave.

He doesn't reply to the common man anymore.

Well he isn't CEO anymore

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Does being "CEO" mean anything nowadays?

I know some companies have a policy of rolling CEO on 3 year-term. It's basically picking someone in high up as a CEO for the fun of it.

• CybrCybr Member

The servers were suspended today after a system error prevented me from making the payment for the past week.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

What kind of mistake? Turn on monitoring and reboot until the employee notices. If the error is related to your software, then you yourself must repair it.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Cybr said:
    The servers were suspended today after a system error prevented me from making the payment for the past week.

Care to elaborate, why would they suspend server for system error, it hardly matter of few hours to get faulty hw replaced there.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Saahib said:

@Cybr said:

Care to elaborate, why would they suspend server for system error, it hardly matter of few hours to get faulty hw replaced there.

Sounds like payment gateway issue? I've heard in the past of others having rare issues with paying.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:

@Saahib said:

@Cybr said:

Sounds like payment gateway issue? I've heard in the past of others having rare issues with paying.

Have had quite a few myself. Especially when applying credit.

• CybrCybr Member

The site returned an API error when trying to initiate the payment. I was finally able to get hold of them over the phone and got them to create the invoice manually for me.

• TejyTejy Member

Switch to Scaleway or Ikoula if you need French hosting provider

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

Cybr said: The site returned an API error when trying to initiate the payment. I was finally able to get hold of them over the phone and got them to create the invoice manually for me.

Which branch you use?

• MikeA said: He doesn't reply to the common man anymore.

Pardon my french, but that is GVH

• deank said: Does being "CEO" mean anything nowadays?

I know some companies have a policy of rolling CEO on 3 year-term. It's basically picking someone in high up as a CEO for the fun of it.

Some countries/companies yes. But I totally agree with the CEO rolling thingy. Seen it first hand and it was a shit storm guided by blind pirates who have no legs to stand on while eating raw potato and those were called director board executive decisions.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Open ticket and if it’s outside of business hours call US/CA helpline as for example: UK helpline operates 9-6 and Mon-Fri only

• CybrCybr Member

@Vova1234 said:

Cybr said: The site returned an API error when trying to initiate the payment. I was finally able to get hold of them over the phone and got them to create the invoice manually for me.

Which branch you use?

Canada.

• CybrCybr Member

@WebProject said:
    Open ticket and if it’s outside of business hours call US/CA helpline as for example: UK helpline operates 9-6 and Mon-Fri only

Their turn around time on tickets right now is around 1 week.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Cybr said:

@WebProject said:

Their turn around time on tickets right now is around 1 week.

Depends on the issue, hardware issues normally is 30 mins, the rest issues no one bothered as they are self-managed server provider.

• defaultdefault Veteran

We live in an era of mobile communication. Call them.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited May 2020

Define system error. Perhaps your server got compromised. Can't you boot into rescue, backup all your data and reinstall the server ?