Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solus.io V1.1 is just released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solus.io V1.1 is just released

TejyTejy Member

I've just received an email about SolusIO.
They released their first version which is really good, and we have one month free.
But there's a bad news... 5€/month/core.

A guy already suggested changing their pricing model, here (https://features.solus.io/topic/do-not-apply-per-core-pricing), but they don't care.

what do you think?

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Just dont care as the pricing is a little bit too high, $5/core :wink:

• LeviLevi Member

0 f's given. Lost momentum, lost community respect, lost leverage in a market due to per core pricing. GG and GL.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Yep just received email but will not upgrade due to core pricing..

• I would go from about $100/month to over a grand. No thanks.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

Not remotely interested - same sentiment as others.

Thanked by 1MikeA

I'm sure plesk will stop solusvm soon or later and they will force provider to migrate to the latest solus.io

So for us Vmmanager will be the best option in future. Just need to build own Whmcs module as their module is good for nothing.

• TejyTejy Member

@ViridWeb said:
    I'm sure plesk will stop solusvm soon or later and they will force provider to migrate to the latest solus.io

So for us Vmmanager will be the best option in future. Just need to build own Whmcs module as their module is good for nothing.

I've checked VMManager, seems to be nice, but no integrated billing, and pricing is so far from SolusVM... So bad :(

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Tejy said:
    I've just received an email about SolusIO.
    They released their first version which is really good, and we have one month free.
    But there's a bad news... 5€/month/core.

A guy already suggested changing their pricing model, here (https://features.solus.io/topic/do-not-apply-per-core-pricing), but they don't care.

what do you think?

With things like AMD EPYC, even more cores are on way, this is impractical .. what they want to prove ?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Per core?

What year is this? 1995?

Thanked by 3CConner imok coreflux
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

deank said: Per core?

What year is this? 1995?

I mean, have you seen what ubersmith does? Theirs is even worse.

Francisco

@Tejy said:

@ViridWeb said:

I've checked VMManager, seems to be nice, but no integrated billing, and pricing is so far from SolusVM... So bad :(

You can't expect same price as solusvm everywhere.
    I have tested the vmmanager and I can say that they have more features than solusvm

Also their pricing is not that bad if you compare them with new solus

ViridWeb said: You can't expect same price as solusvm everywhere.

Well, was there any announced price changes for SolusVM? Or just that Solus.io is GA?

Francisco

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

Its a nice interface 100%. But when you have to sell at a VPS at 5/month, @5 per core it makes no sense! Good luck Sols.... Sucks prices are so high!

We are about to upgrade some of our VPS stuff. I think we are go with Proxmox, too risky to stay with SolusVM. Who knows what they will do long term.

@Francisco said:

ViridWeb said: You can't expect same price as solusvm everywhere.

Well, was there any announced price changes for SolusVM? Or just that Solus.io is GA?

Francisco

As of now no pricing changes for SolusVM. And said they will keep update solusvm even after solus.io

But I don't believe them. I'm sure they will scrap thst to promote solus.io

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

They dont update solusvm.. Its bug fixes at best.

@oplink said:
    They dont update solusvm.. Its bug fixes at best.

Ya they will not maintain the software for sure

The more this kind of shit goes on, the more we are gettin' closer to the ultimate panel...

Franpanel.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@deank said:
    The more this kind of shit goes on, the more we are gettin' closer to the ultimate panel...

Franpanel.

doubt.

You are always a doubter.

For once, don't trust me on this. It is not coming.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2020

Unclear if master can be a slave on the same system. Button to sign up for support doesn't work (at least in latest Safari), input license code and received blank error. That's it for my trial, I'm out. Don't have much patience for things I don't "need" these days.

• What's their target market with that pricing :/

@jetchirag said:
    What's their target market with that pricing :/

Onapp's.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • illyhostingillyhosting Member, Host Rep

I definitely recommend Virtualizor for everyone here, $9 for server (no core or vps limit).

Never had a single problem with it.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@illyhosting said:
    I definitely recommend Virtualizor for everyone here, $9 for server (no core or vps limit).

How do you route V6?

@jar said:
    Unclear if master can be a slave on the same system. Button to sign up for support doesn't work (at least in latest Safari), input license code and received blank error. That's it for my trial, I'm out. Don't have much patience for things I don't "need" these days.

Don't know about present trial. But I have tested their Beta
    And I'm really impressed with that. No issue so far.
    If they change their price (I'm sure they will not) then we may consider to switch

Thanked by 2jar Ympker
  • @Clouvider said:

@illyhosting said:

How do you route V6?

Are you implying they don't support IPv6 or that their implementation is a PITA to work with? Or just curiously asking him? I'm just an end user with plenty of IPv4 and no IPv6 servers so curious because Virtualizor's webpage lists "IPv4/IPv6 Networking" as a feature.

• @Francisco said:

What year is this? 1995?

Francisco

I've never heard of them before, but if you're talking about 1% of monthly billing, I concur, that's ridiculous.

• @deank said:
    Per core?

What year is this? 1995?

You've got that backwards. Show me one thing that would be priced per core in 1995. They would have been priced per CPU. Per core pricing in 2020 is due to many single servers being reduced to single multicore servers (remember those IBM commercials where entire data center floors get replaced with two IBM racks sometime in the last two decades?). So when per server unit revenue declines because far less servers need to be purchased to handle the same workload, the pricing model changes to reflect the actual workload, not the physical CPU's. It's pretty standard these days from Microsoft to VMWare, etc.

@TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

What year is this? 1995?

Francisco

I've never heard of them before, but if you're talking about 1% of monthly billing, I concur, that's ridiculous.

Gross revenue too.

Francisco

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Francisco said:

@TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

What year is this? 1995?

Francisco

Gross revenue too.

Francisco

Wow. I predict they'll be an Oracle property, someday.