Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ovh US credit card payment
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ovh US credit card payment

darvildarvil Member

Anyone successful paying via CC from the US? I've tried my chase and my capital one cards with no luck. It always end ups with "Your payment could not be validated."

The one issue I think is that I'm trying to pay for SGD using my card. I wonder if that could be it? I tried paying from SG IP address (via vpn) and also the US address which doesn't need a vpn. Still fails like this. I've tried calling for this issue but the billing dept can't help me either.

I can pay using paypal but prefer not due to the terrible conversion rate.

Comments

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

Do you have 2factor enabled?
    Recently we had the same issue and ended up paying by Paypal

• RazzaRazza Member

darvil said: I can pay using paypal but prefer not due to the terrible conversion rate.

Not sure about US PayPal accounts, on Uk Paypal account you can avoid the conversion fee by making Paypal bill the card in the foreign currency intend of PayPal converting it.

• darvildarvil Member

Yes I do have 2 factor enabled. Could that really be a problem?

@Razza thanks for the tip.. I will see if that will save me a few bucks.

• darvildarvil Member

@Razza I can't believe that was it. This way I don't need to pay with CC directly. I found out that the difference between the 2 methods is 3.5 percent. In my case thats a saving of more than 15 dollars per month that I was overpaying. I owe you a beer. If you're in Yangon let me know.