Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions on hosting client's websites.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestions on hosting client's websites.

krs360krs360 Member

Hello all!

Back after a good couple of years break from most things hosting related and looking for some suggestions/advice on the best way to host some websites, most likely Wordpress.

I have a friend who's a Graphic Designer and has asked me to host his client's websites going forward.

I'm happy to do this but the only hosting I have maintained over the last 4/5 years is literally my shared hosting at Buyvm as it runs a couple of family websites and nothing more.

I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to host his client's sites whilst still providing them some kind of access to their own panel (c panel for example). Would it be a case of buying something like a cpanel reseller account in order to do this? As I say I've not looked at any form of hosting for a number of years so I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to what's good/new these days.

Also happy to take suggestions for providers of services ideally within the UK that people can vouch for.

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Not sure if @Jord does reseller accounts but UK based and DirectAdmin.

If you wanted to go down the VPS route, @Clouvider offers free DirectAdmin on their services.

Depending on budget you could get a managed service too.

Thanked by 2Jord Clouvider
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Thanks for the mention @Mr_Tom :heart:

@krs360 I'm sure we can come up with something for you, what kind of specs and budget are you looking at?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks @Mr_Tom !

• cazrzcazrz Member

hosterion.com

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

@krs360 Hello! Sounds like you’d be fine on a reseller account to be honest. A reseller will give you control of all your websites under one ‘admin’ login (WHM). You can then create separate cPanel accounts and provide separate logins. If you’ve not used cPanel & WHM as a reseller before let me know and I can provide you with a trial for a couple of days? :)

We’re a UK host and you can see our reseller packages here https://hostworld.uk/reseller-hosting. Depending on how intensive the WordPress sites are you may be suited for one of our standard packages on our website, but if you need something bigger let me know and I’d be happy to put something together for you. We’re currently offering 50% off all packages too so they start from only £4.99 per month.

It may also be worth noting cPanel changed their licensing structure last year. A lot of hosting providers now have a limit on the number of cPanel accounts you can create. Our Entry package comes with 25 cPanel accounts so that may be enough for you?

Another thing to consider is using a host who offers LiteSpeed and LSCache for the LSCache WordPress plugin (https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/litespeed-cache). All our packages include LiteSpeed & LSCache.

Let me know if you have any questions 👍

Thanked by 1Claverhouse