Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for NA/EU located VPS or Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for NA/EU located VPS or Dedicated Server

GallaeahoGallaeaho Member
edited May 2020 in Requests

Good afternoon everyone! Hoping you're all staying safe as much as possible.

I'm currently in the market to rent a VPS or Dedicated Server located in either North America or Europe which will be used for a specific purpose. Allow me to explain what this purpose is before proceeding with listing requirements.

I currently run a project solely involving myself which uses Linode as the primary provider. This new server will be used alongside the existing servers for the purpose of further benefiting this project. The project is more or less scraping the public internet for open proxies, running them against a blacklist, testing the ones that do not appear to be listed on the blacklist and finally, reporting the ones that don't appear but work to the blacklist in question.

nmap is used to verify the status of a port when an individual requests removal from the blacklist.

Although I do not currently have an abuse policy in place for handling people that see a connection to their IP address and immediately assume that I'm trying to hack them, I have yet to receive any abuse reports from Linode and furthermore have yet to receive any attacks against the server or against Linode for the activities I conduct. For the purpose of acquiring a new server that I realize is likely to draw attention and further questions, I'd be willing to work with the provider to ensure that complaints are handled in a timely manner.

With that out of the way, here's what I'd expect:

CPU Count: 1
RAM: 1GB (or more)
Disk: 10GB
Network: 100Mbps
Traffic: 1TB
Budget: I don't care, but if you can beat Linode in pricing (assuming that your offer is a VPS), that's a bonus!

Because of the nature of this business, you must be receptive to port scanning (only as needed) and be capable of DDoS protection, just in case. Again, I've yet to be the target of an attack, but it never hurts to be prepared.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided!

Comments

• vingohostvingohost Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

Buyvm is good. idk if they will be receptive to port scanning. They are using Cloudflare Magic transit for DDoS protection and their services are very good. also their vps traffic is unlimited and 1 Gbps network

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

Hello @Gallaeaho. Would you consider your server being located in the UK? If so, our LET Special 1 package may be of interest to you:

LET Special 1

1GB RAM
    1x vCPU
    20GB SSD Space
    FREE 60GB Backup Storage
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    Fast 1 Gbps Uplink
    DDoS Protection (included as standard)
    IPv4 & IPv6

Only £3.69 ($4.61) per month - https://portal.hostworld.uk/cart.php?a=add&pid=69

Let me know if you have any questions or if you’d like anymore information :)