Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How File Sharing websites tackle illegal content?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How File Sharing websites tackle illegal content?

vladimirleninvladimirlenin Member
edited May 2020 in General

Dear friends, I always wonder how these file sharing websites run without issues. Having offered anonymous uploading feature. I can see that most of the users upload illegal content like copyright & child abuse material. Whenever some reports, they just delete the content.

So, my i question is it not risky to allow someone to upload such kind of illegal stuff?

Will the hosting company never know what is being hosted on their VPS unless someone reported? I mean are there no randoms checks to see the content inside?

Is it really legal that whenever someone reports illegal content on these websites. The website team just delete the file & wash their hands & continue the business.

Most of you are hosting providers. How do you handle such instances. And what action have you taken? If someone wants to start a file sharing website what's your sincere piece of advice?

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

They don't. Copyright cartel will never be satisfied, no matter what you do. Inevitable end of all file sharing platforms is death in a court or just cease and desist.

Read torrentfreak.com for more experience.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

vladimirlenin said: Will the hosting company never know what is being hosted on their VPS unless someone reported? I mean are there no randoms checks to see the content inside?

some people use storage vps to store personal files ,so it's a privacy violation if host checks the files stored in vps without good reason . Plus it's time wasting to check every file in your customer vps especially if you have thousands of customers .