Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Word Press Related Posts Plugin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Word Press Related Posts Plugin

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for suggestions from someone who has hopefully tried to install a Word Press Related Posts plugin before.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which plugin works best out of the box and doesn't cause enormous load on the underlying hosting container?

I am hopeful that I can find a decent plugin to add to LowEndBox to enable related post type content on the bottom of each page.

So far I intend to try https://wordpress.org/plugins/yet-another-related-posts-plugin/

Any other suggestions, feedback or thoughts?

I appreciate it! :)

Comments

• What about doing something yourself. It quite simple, have a look at this - https://wpcrumbs.com/how-to-display-related-posts-without-a-plugin/.

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

Use the default widget to show the recent posts provided by theme :) we dont use any specific plugin
    B/W this one is quite better
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-latest-posts/

• I've been using YARPP for months and it works great for me.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh: I have been using "Related Posts Thumbnails Plugin for WordPress" since many years now, please install it once and see if it works out for you.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@hostnamaste said:
    @jbiloh: I have been using "Related Posts Thumbnails Plugin for WordPress" since many years now, please install it once and see if it works out for you.

Our LEB WordPress theme does not have featured image support. Will that plugin still work?

@jbiloh said:

Our LEB WordPress theme does not have featured image support. Will that plugin still work?

I think it will work, as it has the option "Default image", also " Only those posts will be shown that has featured image" Disable/Enable options.

@hostnamaste said:

@jbiloh said:

I think it will work, as it has the option "Default image", also " Only those posts will be shown that has featured image" Disable/Enable options.

I've got it set to use the first image in the post now. Working really nice. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Thanked by 1hostnamaste

@jbiloh said:

I've got it set to use the first image in the post now. Working really nice. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Glad to hear it, you're most welcome :)

Was a really great suggestion it's working perfectly for what I was trying to accomplish. Thanks @hostnamaste

Thanked by 1hostnamaste

@jbiloh said:
    Was a really great suggestion it's working perfectly for what I was trying to accomplish. Thanks @hostnamaste

You're most welcome, Jon, I am glad that was helpful. Plugin will help to increase more PageViews and also improve the SEO.

@hostnamaste said:

@jbiloh said:

You're most welcome, Jon, I am glad that was helpful. Plugin will help to increase more PageViews and also improve the SEO.

Hope so! Primary goal was to enhance usability for our users but if it also has benefits for seo then that's great, too.