Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated machine or vps that can run vmworkstation?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated machine or vps that can run vmworkstation?

As the title suggests, I need a dedicated machine or a vps that is able to run VM Workstation on windows.
I've had lots of offers, all of which either don't work, out of stock, or the speed is too slow to even rdp into the machine.

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

No sane person willingly does this instead of using ESXi, and RDP makes it worse due to the way VMX stuff works. Please explain in detail what you are doing.

• @hzr said:
    No sane person willingly does this instead of using ESXi, and RDP makes it worse due to the way VMX stuff works. Please explain in detail what you are doing.

So what would I need to use or buy to run ESXi? a dedicated machine? And I run windows on each machine with different configs as I test my 2d platform game

• hzrhzr Member

ramo55 said: So what would I need to use or buy to run ESXi? a dedicated machine? And I run windows on each machine with different configs as I test my 2d platform game

You can run VM with W10, W7, W8, etc to test while you make your game in ESXi.

You cannot run VMware on a VPS at all. Dedicated only.

• @hzr said:

ramo55 said: So what would I need to use or buy to run ESXi? a dedicated machine? And I run windows on each machine with different configs as I test my 2d platform game

Yes, That's why I said I'll be happy to pay for a dedicated too

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ramo55 said:

@hzr said:

I‘m not sure what budget you have in mind but we have some E3 Dedicated servers starting from £40 per month for LET users - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164357/dedicated-servers-sale-e3-s-from-40-with-a-10-discount-for-let-readers

We also have some E-2276G servers with iGPUs available if that helps with your testing.

• @Clouvider said:

@ramo55 said:

@hzr said:

I‘m not sure what budget you have in mind but we have some E3 Dedicated servers starting from £40 per month for LET users - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164357/dedicated-servers-sale-e3-s-from-40-with-a-10-discount-for-let-readers

We also have some E-2276G servers with iGPUs available if that helps with your testing.

Thanks for the offer. I'll continue to look around for quotes and I'll let you know.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

The 45€/m offer still stands open for you :)

Intel Xeon E5-2640 V1
    6cores, 12 threads @2,40Ghz
    16GB DDR3 ECC
    2x480GB SSD RAID1 or RAID0
    1Gbps @35TB BW
    100Gbps Corero DDOS Protection

45€/m
    https://hostslick.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=205&currency=3
    COUPON: D36JHXH9L8

Coupon Valid till 08/05/2020

Payment Methods
    Paysafecard