Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does IP region matter?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does IP region matter?

MerkerrMerkerr Member

Hello I was wondering if it matter if I got RIPE or ARIN IPs, I am using everything inside of the EU so I guess would make sense for RIPE IPs as these are the allowed one in the region?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2020

Humans are human wherever they hail from.

The same goes for IP.

• @deank said:
    Humans are human wherever they hail from.

The same goes for IP.

Won't speeds / certain websites be affect thou? Since using US IPs on an EU server, surely that would cause some sort of speed/connectivity issues

edited April 2020

IP address is virtual stuff. It has no physical presence that would affect speed/lag/PMS.

The only aspect where it matter is that some search engines may not display your site in a country you desire if you use a different IP address.

Ex. Using an Earth IP address but wanting traffic from Mars. Martian search engine might omit Earthian IP addresses.

Errr..., hang on. Did I timetravel again? Wrong pill? WSS! Where are ya! WSS, you gave me a wrong pill, you dumbass!

Thanked by 1Kousaka
  • @deank said:
    IP address is virtual stuff. It has no physical presence that would affect speed/lag/PMS.

The only aspect where it matter is that some search engines may not display your site in a country you desire if you use a different IP address.

Ex. Using an Earth IP address but wanting traffic from Mars. Martian search engine might omit Earthian IP addresses.

Errr..., hang on. Did I timetravel again? Wrong pill? WSS! Where are ya! WSS, you gave me a wrong pill, you dumbass!

Ahh, okay now I get you. So if I want faster speeds on a proxy for example then that is all down to the server?

Physical location of the server counts the most.

Then there is routing stuff which is often outside of your control.
    Some hardcore hippies might fiddle with DNS stuff.