Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for cheap windows server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for cheap windows server

Looking for a cheap Windows server that can render thumbnails and is enough powerful for the task.

Comments

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

Can you list your budget & preferred location?

• @hostworld 10-15 dollars, idk preferred location EU/US?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

What kind of thumbnails? Why wouldnt linux work?

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited April 2020

For windows, go to buyvm.net and @Francisco . New Ryzen servers run Win2012r2 and 2016 great and are in the Las Vegas Location. They may be out of stock buy check on the 1st and the 7th for new stock. Also note, many services (not BuyVM) will install a trial license, you do not want that. You may also ask them if they really know windows - most of LET knows LINUX and Windows is a total afterthought - just because it can be installed from Solus.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can take a look at our Budget Windows VPS here: https://greencloudvps.com/budget-windows-vps.php
    Licensed Windows Server 2019 on Hyper-V nodes.
    We have more discounts for annual plans too: https://greenkvm.com/
    WinPro-1 & WinPro-2.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

I'm sure @seriesn can offer a gut service

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @deathlife23 said:
    Looking for a cheap Windows server that can render thumbnails and is enough powerful for the task.

What's up boss,
    I think our vDedi plans will be pretty good, if you are looking for 24/7 cpu crunch time. These Ryzens are fast my man!

@Jord said:
    I'm @seriesn can offer a gut service

Sir,
    Thanks for the prem mention.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@deathlife23 said:

You can give us a try https://readydedis.com/cloud-servers

• Neil-SFNeil-SF Member, Host Rep

Hi, we have the following option if may interest you:

4GB ram DDR4
    2 Core (Xeon E5-2680v3)
    30 GB SSD NVMe
    1 Gbps unmetered
    100 Gbps DDoS Protection

9,99€ /month
    Direct Order

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

Sorry i think it was LES

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Unbelievable said:
    For windows, go to buyvm.net and @Francisco . New Ryzen servers run Win2012r2 and 2016 great and are in the Las Vegas Location. They may be out of stock buy check on the 1st and the 7th for new stock. Also note, many services (not BuyVM) will install a trial license, you do not want that. You may also ask them if they really know windows - most of LET knows LINUX and Windows is a total afterthought - just because it can be installed from Solus.

@deathlife23 I second using @Francisco BuyVM.net for windows.

@Unbelievable Windows 10 and Windows server 2019 doesn't actually need a license key to work. You will just have an annoying watermark in the bottom right hand side of the screen and some features will not be active. But for testing purposes it's handy.

• @AlienData_Josh but win10 can't be legally used in DC and I'd rather be legal and actually pay the developers for Win2019 rather than stealing from them

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Unbelievable said:
    @AlienData_Josh but win10 can't be legally used in DC and I'd rather be legal and actually pay the developers for Win2019 rather than stealing from them

I do not disagree with that.
    I was just saying for testing purposes only.

As far as win10 thing. I personally don't see the difference between win10 and server if wanting to just use the desktop and not use it for actual "server" purposes.

• @AlienData_Josh personal opinion doesnt count. The agreement at time of purchase or at time of becoming MS Partner prevails over any personal belief. And the agreement is Win10 not allowed