Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best server company in Singapore or Colo???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best server company in Singapore or Colo???

DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Looking for a Colo Provider or a dedicated server provider in Singapore.
Can't say much for budget. Shopping around seeing what the rates are for that area.

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

PhoenixNAP maybe?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

I got a server with PNAP a week ago to test, hoping to replace my OVH servers there, hardware is good but there's some routing issues that I am waiting for them to hopefully work out that causes very high latency for some countries like Malaysia (kind of like poor routing when OVH originally opened in Singapore). Their SGP pricing is the same as their other locations, so it's definitely a good option and I'll probably get more once the routing concerns are resolved.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@MikeA said:
    I got a server with PNAP a week ago to test, hoping to replace my OVH servers there, hardware is good but there's some routing issues that I am waiting for them to hopefully work out that causes very high latency for some countries like Malaysia (kind of like poor routing when OVH originally opened in Singapore). Their SGP pricing is the same as their other locations, so it's definitely a good option and I'll probably get more once the routing concerns are resolved.

What's wrong with the routing from Malaysia?

edited April 2020

@thedp said:

@MikeA said:

What's wrong with the routing from Malaysia?

It seems they just have issues with routing in the region like OVH did at first. When someone gets 20-30ms to all other Singapore networks (like OVH, HostUs, Vultr) but 120ms to PNAP, there's clearly something wrong.

I am sure it will be fixed soon, it's just something you have to go through. Their support is much better than others I've talked to.

Yaiks, 120ms from MY -> PNAP SG sounds like they've been taken on a joy ride around Asia :joy:

@thedp said:
    Yaiks, 120ms from MY -> PNAP SG sounds like they've been taken on a joy ride around Asia :joy:

Yeah, goes through Hong Kong which is the issue.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@MikeA you got colo or dedicated with them?

@AlienData_Josh said:

It's one of their dedicated servers.

I want to add this so it doesn't look like I am just being negative about their network, but it just seems like a carrier issue. Both NTT and Telstra are routing Malaysia traffic through Hong Kong for some reason, so I guess it's not something they can really fix.

@MikeA said:

@AlienData_Josh said:

I want to add this so it doesn't look like I am just being negative about their network, but it just seems like a carrier issue. Both NTT and Telstra are routing Malaysia traffic through Hong Kong for some reason, so I guess it's not something they can really fix.

‘Premium’ customer in Malaysia might be able to request sticky routes via preferred upstreams.

But for those normal fiber/broadband users, they’ll just have to bare with the shitty routing once in a while. When it’s congested, they’ll probably be rerouted to a different upstream.

I’ve even heard that there were times when routing from Malaysia goes through US to get to EU, so yeah.

@thedp said:

@MikeA said:

@AlienData_Josh said:

‘Premium’ customer in Malaysia might be able to request sticky routes via preferred upstreams.

But for those normal fiber/broadband users, they’ll just have to bare with the shitty routing once in a while. When it’s congested, they’ll probably be rerouted to a different upstream.

I’ve even heard that there were times when routing from Malaysia goes through US to get to EU, so yeah.

Yeah, I see that most other networks with proper latency are pretty much exclusively Equinix, with one or two SGIX based on MTRs. I checked 7 different network providers there.

• @MikeA said:

Saw their offer weeks ago too.

Let us know how it goes. Check also the latency from India.

@jonesolutions said:

I don't have many clients from India that use what this server is for, but a trace to a few networks in India has between 54ms-66ms. Looks the same as a few other Singapore networks, so pretty good.

Thanked by 1jonesolutions
  • @MikeA said:

@jonesolutions said:

I don't have many clients from India that use what this server is for, but a trace to a few networks in India has between 54ms-66ms. Looks the same as a few other Singapore networks, so pretty good.

Thanks.

That is a good latency. Most Singapore location is having a routing issue with India that is why I asked.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited April 2020

@AlienData_Josh said:
    Looking for a Colo Provider or a dedicated server provider in Singapore.
    Can't say much for budget. Shopping around seeing what the rates are for that area.

@trewq RansomIT is prem

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We are using NewMedia Express for our colo in SG. They provide colo services based in Equinix SG1, network and uptime are great but remote hands are very expensive.

@NDTN said:
    We are using NewMedia Express for our colo in SG. They provide colo services based in Equinix SG1, network and uptime are great but remote hands are very expensive.

Do they offer basic remote hands?
    Or is it all remote hands?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@AlienData_Josh said:

@NDTN said:

Do they offer basic remote hands?
    Or is it all remote hands?

All remote hands. They can do free reboot when they have staff on-site.

So they are not staffed 24/7?

• hzrhzr Member

AlienData_Josh said: So they are not staffed 24/7?

most places i use have a difference between "office hours easy stuff like pushing a button" and "off-hours emergency actions" charges.

I guess I am spoiled then. My current dc is staffed 24/7 but the more technical stuff is left to dayshift.

even colo is kinda expensive through them $134/U...

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@AlienData_Josh can you update your signature please, two lines only thanks :)

@Jord said:

I got no idea what you are talking about. :p

I fixed it. Sorry about that.

edited April 2020

@AlienData_Josh said:

@Jord said:

I got no idea what you are talking about. :p

I fixed it. Sorry about that.

Neither do I, I'm not sure I understand your meaning 😂

Thanks though

edited April 2020

So got PhoenixNAP, NewMedia Express, and ransomit. As options.

RansomIT is prem

• I have been using Leaseweb in Singapore from past 3 years, they're fine I'd say.
    But the hardware is a bit old. I would also recommend ovh singapore.