Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to buy a server in Singapore
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to buy a server in Singapore

Looking to host a Counter Strike Global Offensive game server in singapore. Looking for offers

Specs: Around the same as OVH Game-32 or even a bit less will do (specs posted below)

Processor : Intel i7-6700K - 4c/ 8t - 4GHz/ 4.2GHz
Memory : 32GB DDR4 2133MHz
Storage : 2x480GB SSD SATA Soft RAID + 1x4TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
Bandwidth : 250Mbps 5TB traffic

From the specs mentioned above, a comparable CPU is necessary. Memory can be around 16GB. Storage around 500GB SSD is enough

DDoS Protection: YES (Extremely important), specifically UDP based protection.

Number of IPs: Either 1 or 10 (yes weird I know, but since it's used to host game servers, I can use 1 IP with different ports for each server. Can also use 10 IP's depending on price.

Budget: $150/month at max

Billing period: Monthly

Comments

• OVH?

• ikoula or alibabacloud

• leaseweb

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2020

Whatever you do, dont go streamlineservers, we tested their 95 USD server on singapore and it was complete waste of money. the server anti-ddos was worse than the DDoS itself. Nobody of our players could join and stay connected in Left4Dead2 server hosted in their network. Only lag spikes, timeouts and complete blocks against player IPs under normal usage. Maybe it works better for CS:GO idk, but our experience was bad.

You realistic choices are https://ovh.com or https://phoenixnap.com/ or https://x4b.net or https://www.ransomit.com.au/ as no other services offer a decent consumer prices in Asia yet when it comes to DDoS protection.

Thanked by 1marvel
  • @marvel said:
    OVH?

Not going with them again. Their customer support is the worst ever.

• fdcservers.net , use VPS , the dedicated is not cheap

• @Zemana said:

@marvel said:
    OVH?

Not going with them again. Their customer support is the worst ever.

I hear that a lot but trust me I've tested many alternatives like Streamline servers, Softlayer etc and nobody can offer what OVH offers you for that price in Singapore.

Since you will be running CS:GO DDoS protection is VERY important and so far OVH is the only provider that can protect our SRCDS servers from almost any attack while still allow players to join the server and play (we run L4D2).

You don't need to OVH game line btw, because the Game Anti-DDoS sucks. Just pick up an infra server, like the E3-1270. Most application layer attacks can easily be blocked with iptables while OVH takes care of the volume attacks.

Give up the search man, I've been searching for months, even years. Yes customer support is not great but you won't be needing it anyway.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • akhfaakhfa Member

@marvel said:
    Just pick up an infra server, like the E3-1270. Most application layer attacks can easily be blocked with iptables while OVH takes care of the volume attacks.

Does it mean that you block the attacker's IP manually? Or do you mean you add new rules to ovh firewall manually?

• @akhfa said:

@marvel said:
    Just pick up an infra server, like the E3-1270. Most application layer attacks can easily be blocked with iptables while OVH takes care of the volume attacks.

Does it mean that you block the attacker's IP manually? Or do you mean you add new rules to ovh firewall manually?

You can drop traffic based on sourceport, destination port, length, string in packet, hex in packet, and so on.

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • @akhfa said:

@marvel said:

Basically you only need OVH to protect you from volume attacks, so attacks that saturate your bandwidth and they do a really good job there without blocking legit traffic.

Any application layer attack, so a low bandwidth attack which is aimed directly at your game server port to make it crash or lag can usually be blocked easily with iptables on the Linux machine itself.

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

I tried hosting 2-3 CSGO servers on the OVH SG location and worked very well. You should stick with OVH only!