Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Buy] looking DirectAdmin Lifetime License
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Buy] looking DirectAdmin Lifetime License

Hi.
I want buy one DirectAdmin Lifetime License.
take the full client account.
Pm me:

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I wouldn't advise doing that, as @DA_Mark has said before you can't transfer DA Lifetime licenses, but there is nothing stopping you buying someone's account.

But there is nothing stopping someone getting your money and then asking DA for their account back. Therefore gaining your money and their license back.

So I would advise you to tread really carefully.

• @Jord i can buy full account ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2020

@thanhtrungit said:
    @Jord i can buy full account ?

That doesn't mean anything. @DA_Mark already pointed out they had a case where someones account got compromised and someone then started selling their licenses.

The person who first owns the account will always own the account. At any time they can go to DA and ask for the account back, regardless of you paying for it.

Just pay Directadmin. They deserve it. You aren't seeing cPanel bending over backwards trying to accommodate their customers, even the extremely budget conscious ones. Directadmin literally cut into their own profits by offering the smaller 'personal' plans. They didn't have to do that, they did it to help people not get screwed by the 900 pound Perl loving gorilla.

Francisco

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • @Francisco oh. Thank you .I understand

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@thanhtrungit said:

Not worth it.

• NO body ?

• DA_MarkDA_Mark Member

Big thanks to @sonic and @Jord and @Francisco -- you know why I'm grateful.

@thanhtrungit I'll be honest with you... if it's someone you trust, and they are willing to sell/give you access to their account with a lifetime license.. we won't punish you for it. But there are a lot of fraudsters out there, so just be careful. We used to protect everyone who got scammed, to the point where it encouraged more scamming. :neutral:

• @thanhtrungit said:

You can, doesn't mean you should.

• hostiehostie Member
    edited May 2020

Worth noting that all lifetime accounts appear to only support 5 IP changes. Once you pass this number the lifetime account is effectively worthless? I notice they added this clause after removing lifetime plans from the general public.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I think it’s 5 ip changes a year, but I think
    If you put a ticket in they may extend it...

• darvildarvil Member

The IP change limits were there long before DA stopped selling lifetime license. This was done to prevent abuses by some people. I think the limit is totally fair and the one time I've had to ask for a reset (due to IP migrations), it was not a big hassle. Best is to email in and ask of course.

• KindyKindy Member

That is completely untrue.

• thanhtrungitthanhtrungit Member
    edited May 2020

hi @DA_Mark I can open ticket request reset count change IP when 5/5 ? right ?

• DA_MarkDA_Mark Member

We usually reset the count if no abuse is detected. Please note it's a yearly count.. so the number goes back down to zero over time, automatically.

Just to set the record straight, the IP change throttling has been true of all license types and has been in effect for many years. It has nothing to do with limiting lifetime licenses.

Thanked by 2thanhtrungit seriesn
  • @DA_Mark said:
    We usually reset the count if no abuse is detected. Please note it's a yearly count.. so the number goes back down to zero over time, automatically.

Just to set the record straight, the IP change throttling has been true of all license types and has been in effect for many years. It has nothing to do with limiting lifetime licenses.

@DA_Mark finaly, If license lifetime of me has maximun 5/5. Can I open ticket request reset to zero ?

• seriesnseriesn Member

@thanhtrungit said:

@DA_Mark said:

@DA_Mark finaly, If license lifetime of me has maximun 5/5. Can I open ticket request reset to zero ?

I guess it shouldn't be a problem assuming nothing shady is going on? @DA_Mark usually pretty good with his gut feelings.