Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TorchNode storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TorchNode storage VPS

I recently came across torchnode, and wanted to give them a try. They acquired securesrv.io not too long ago, which didn't have the best reputation, but I've been curious about how they perform. They're sold off of an OVH dedi, which I don't have much of an issue with this as they seem to be pretty established and have plenty of good reviews. For only $3 USD/month, the deal promises 2gb 2133MHz DDR4 ECC, 256gb HDD in a RAID 10 array and 1 vCore of a Xeon-D 1541 @ 2.2GHz. They use QEMU virtualization, which is disappointing, but for this pricepoint is still pretty good. They're running a spring sale for 25% off on the first three billing periods, so I figured I'd give them a go. So far I've had a pretty good experience and have been having pretty good speeds. If anyone has some benchmarking scripts that they would like me to run, let me know.