Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elad Cohen RIPE mailing list fun
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Elad Cohen RIPE mailing list fun

Tr33nTr33n Member
edited April 2020 in General

As it is relatively quiet on LowEndTalk, I can recommend the RIPE membership discuss mailing list for entertainment, this Elad Cohen is pure fun.

Unfortunately, the mailing list is not publicly available, so only RIPE members have access to it. But I think there are serveral RIPE members here on LET.

I have never seen it happen like this on the RIPE mailing list. It definitely made my weekend more enjoyable. What do you think? Is Elad Cohen an entrepreneur, does he want attention, or is he crazy?

Thanked by 1perennate

Comments

• LeviLevi Member
    edited April 2020

Are you ingesting some sort of psychotropics? What kind? What dose?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I had to mute the list, it was too annoying because of this spam.

Thanked by 1jh
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

Oh damn, this is great. The multiple "unsubscribe" / "unsubscribing" threads too. On that note:

Where to invest in IPv4+ address? Is like bitcoin?

seems like no providers on LET support IPv4+. very low quality. anyone know some low-cost provider with good IPv4+ support? I need IPv4+ for sneaker bot mining. on the sneaker bot blockchain.

Edit: looking forward to the DDoS solution that he said he would post today.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Threads regarding that person and this IP heist has traversed across APNIC, ARIN, and RIPE mailing lists.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

I'm waiting for IPv6+

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

Lol yea Elad's musings and rants has been popcorn worthy almost X)

Looks like he is more of a ... shady person based on some background investigation they had on him, and this is some sort of election campaigning. For certainly i would have not known his name before these posts -- now i do, and will be sure NOT to cast my vote to his direction.

perennate said: Edit: looking forward to the DDoS solution that he said he would post today.

lol he actually promised that? :D :D He must be on "something" to be that easy to manipulate. I'm sure whoever posted that on the mailing list made it as a joke

EDIT Just catched up, got a few good laughs out of it X) Shame the mailing list does not come with popcorn included, you need to supply your own popcorn ;)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

perennate said: Where to invest in IPv4+ address? Is like bitcoin?

Everytime someone says they're "investing" in bitcoin I am irritated.

You can't "invest" in bitcoin. It's like saying you're investing in Euros or the Japanese Yen.

Tr33n said: this Elad Cohen is pure fun

His proposal makes more sense than waiting for everyone to go to IPV6...

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

Has he posted his nonsense DDoS solution yet?

He reminds me a lot of stophaus, just many years too late.

• Tr33nTr33n Member

jackb said: Has he posted his nonsense DDoS solution yet?

Not yet, unfortunately. Apparently he doesn't post anymore to the mailing list :disappointed:

Please don't spread this lies. He said on the mailing list several times that Spamhaus is spreading lies about him:

"The Spamhaus Project" is related to the cyber-security community mainly in Western countries - so indeed Henrik is from the cyber-security community, expect more wannabe "security researchers" to write lies about me.

"The Spamhaus Project" keeps attacking me because they know that if I will be elected I will make sure that they will not hurt anymore any Ripe LIR member.

:lol:

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

He made his proposed DDoS solution :D Only needs him elected to guarantee every single even EOL BGP router gets software upgrades and doubling of all bandwidth and cryptography with presumably no cost to the operator :D

Fellas, get your popcorn! :)

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@PulsedMedia said:
    He made his proposed DDoS solution :D Only needs him elected to guarantee every single even EOL BGP router gets software upgrades and doubling of all bandwidth and cryptography with presumably no cost to the operator :D

Fellas, get your popcorn! :)

Had a quick read through it. The guy is either 12, high as fuck or both.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Just a reminder that Elad Cohen has been hijacking a /14 for a long time and he's generally an incredibly shady person.

qps said: I'm waiting for IPv6+

"This list showed to you that anyone related to IPv6 will resist IPv4+ , an idea can implement changes that will hurt people enjoying from the current state (such as IPv6 deployers)."
    IPv6 deployers are bad, it cuts into Cohen's profits of making money off hijacked IP space.

• @FHR said:
    Just a reminder that Elad Cohen has been hijacking a /14 for a long time and he's generally an incredibly shady person.

It's worth reading the nanog archives too. For example this thread.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited May 2020

what.
    He seems crazy.

Currently in an IPv4 packet - the source address and the destination address are being represented each by four bytes, each of these four bytes are being displayed as: [0-255].[0-255].[0-255].[0-255]

But it is up to us to choose how we want to display them, for example: four bytes can also be displayed as [0-65535].[0-65535] (two numbers and one dot, the two numbers are bigger because in total they also being represented as four bytes)

So there can be one set of 4,294,967,296‬ IPv4 addresses (the one that we know in the display format of [0-255].[0-255].[0-255].[0-255])

and another set of 4,294,967,296 IPv4 addresses (with a new format of [0-65535].[0-65535])

But... that's just displaying four bytes in a different format. It doesn't give you extra IPs 🤔

That ends up being completely irrelevant as he just goes on to say that a reserved bit in the header could be used to specify if it's an "old" IPv4 or a "new" IPv4+.

IPv4+ will not cause any performance overload for any supported router.

Except you have a whole heap of new routes to add to the already massive routing tables?

And he doesn't explain how this would have any advantages over IPv6...

Also he says that IPv6 is bad because it's not backwards compatible (https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/members-discuss/2020-April/003706.html), yet he wants to introduce some new IPv4 protocol that's not compatible with today's current IPv4. Big brain thinking.

Thanked by 2vimalware TimboJones
  • @raindog308 said:

perennate said: Where to invest in IPv4+ address? Is like bitcoin?

Everytime someone says they're "investing" in bitcoin I am irritated.

You can't "invest" in bitcoin. It's like saying you're investing in Euros or the Japanese Yen.

Uh, that's a thing. You're entitled to be irritated for any reason, you'd also be wrong.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • jhjh Member
    edited May 2020

Claims to want to improve spam filtering and just sent his nonsense to every person in the RIPE DB. He's really doubling down on his dumb ideas.

On the one hand sending out loads of spam might actually get him elected - I'm sure most members cba voting and his nudge might do it. On the other hand, anyone googling his name for years to come is going to see some shady stuff hahaha

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @jh said:
    He's really doubling down on his dumb ideas.

But muh Rent-seeking.
    Make IPv4 great again.

• 0x650x65 Member

He is whining about Spamhaus via a spam email. What an idiot. Gladly reported as spam.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@0x65 said:
    He is whining about Spamhaus via a spam email. What an idiot. Gladly reported as spam.

A few people were way ahead of you,

https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL485326
    https://www.spamhaus.org/query/domain/netstyle.io

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I don't know, I think we should hear him out.

This was a great read: http://ipv4.plus/

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Harambe said:

Needs more coconut though, an actual coconut would be prem.

• 0x650x65 Member

"Welcome to Netstyle Support Center. My name is Elad. I will be assisting today."

• teamaccteamacc Member

@Jord said:

@Harambe said:

Needs more coconut though, an actual coconut would be prem.

Do you know how expensive coconuts are? The lower-budget films use actual horses instead instead of 2 halves of a coconut to produce such a sound.

I've heard they need at least two swallows to carry a single coconut.

• Tr33nTr33n Member

He even translates his spam now. I received a mail in German from [email protected] =D>

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@Tr33n said:
    He even translates his spam now. I received a mail in German from [email protected] =D>

Aswell received spam from this email.
    Also in combination what he is saying about Spamhaus makes him look very sketchy to me now

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Harambe said: This was a great read: http://ipv4.plus/

Enjoyed reading it so much the first time I set myself a Siri reminder to read it again tomorrow.

• UrDNUrDN Member

We have received an email from this individual.

While I have zero sympathy for Spamhaus and other wannabe whiteknights I had a good laugh at the rants of that guy. He's actually achieving the opposite of the sought goal.

If he had done his homework he would have had much more reliable arguments against that organization. It is not that difficult anymore to demonstrate their shenanigans.

• in the words of Elan, it makes sense he is the only person who offered to fight with a spam house so why people don't want to support him?