Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with 6000+ CPU Benchmark? Does it exist?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with 6000+ CPU Benchmark? Does it exist?

PurpleFuZePurpleFuZe Member
edited April 2020 in Requests

Hi All,

I have plex running of a seedbox of mine currently. Everything is in GDrive using rclone and encryption. The VPS just acts as a indexer and middle man for the end user and the content. Is anyone aware of a VPS that would be able to transcode 3 1080p streams at once? This is very unlikely to happen as the users on the plex library are all on fibre broadband and film size hits a maximum of 7GB/8GB.

Effectively I guess I am after a VPS with maybe 50GB of disk space, 250MBit/s of bandwidth and say 20TB of traffic? (need to be able to add content) along with enough grunt to transcode 3 streams at once (if necessary).

I have seen VPS adverts of 1vCPU or 2 vCPU's but what is the benchmark of a 'vCPU'? How many would I need to be able to do the above?

I am grading the Ryzen 5 3600 I currently have on CPUBenchmark.net...it is massive overkill currently...

Thanks!

Comments

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

What kind of benchmark? Geekbench? Geekbench 4, Geekbench 5? cpubenchmark.net?

• @SpryServers_Tab said:
    What kind of benchmark? Geekbench? Geekbench 4, Geekbench 5? cpubenchmark.net?

Hi,

CPUBenchmark.net, apols I forgot to add.

• honestly when u get into transcoding you need to look away from cpu resources and find something with a gpu even if its some shitty integrated one.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@PurpleFuZe I know @Francisco just upgraded to Ryzen and have had good results. Might want to check them out BuyVM.net

Thanked by 2Francisco o_be_one
  • Maybe the new Netcup VPS.
    To be honest you are just limited to your budget.
    Also why get a VPS when you can get a dedi for cheaps too.

• @PurpleFuZe said:
    Hi All,

I have plex running of a seedbox of mine currently. Everything is in GDrive using rclone and encryption. The VPS just acts as a indexer and middle man for the end user and the content. Is anyone aware of a VPS that would be able to transcode 3 1080p streams at once? This is very unlikely to happen as the users on the plex library are all on fibre broadband and film size hits a maximum of 7GB/8GB.

Effectively I guess I am after a VPS with maybe 50GB of disk space, 250MBit/s of bandwidth and say 20TB of traffic? (need to be able to add content) along with enough grunt to transcode 3 streams at once (if necessary).

I have seen VPS adverts of 1vCPU or 2 vCPU's but what is the benchmark of a 'vCPU'? How many would I need to be able to do the above?

I am grading the Ryzen 5 3600 I currently have on CPUBenchmark.net...it is massive overkill currently...

Thanks!

Get a Ryzen powered vDedi ;)

https://nexusbytes.com/virtual-dedicated-server.html

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

Try c5.24xlarge.

It is low-end pricing, only $4.08 (hr). Less than $7.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @kennsann said:
    Maybe the new Netcup VPS.
    To be honest you are just limited to your budget.
    Also why get a VPS when you can get a dedi for cheaps too.

Yeah I mean I am open to a dedi for sure it is just about pricing really. Don't need any mass amount of RAM or disk space so a dedi may be better!

• @seriesn said:

@PurpleFuZe said:
    Hi All,

Thanks!

This looks super interesting, I guess it is Hetzner in Falkenstein? Do you guys offer support at all or are you just the broker of the machine if you like?

Seriously considering this for sure!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited April 2020

@PurpleFuZe said:

This looks super interesting, I guess it is Hetzner in Falkenstein? Do you guys offer support at all or are you just the broker of the machine if you like?

As a providers self-statements credibility wrt to the quality of their support probably is considered tainted, let me help out. I'm a customer of @seriesn / NexusBytes and can tell you that their support is really fine. Considering their low prices their support is even excellent.

Re the cpubenchmark (I'm one of the resident benchmark guys here) 6k+ is most reasonably achieved via a dedi with an older processor gen.or via a Ryzen based VPS, preferably with dedicated vCores.
    dedis doing >= 6k should be available in the $30 to $50/mo range. A Zen2 VPS with 6+k should also be no problem. 6+k VPSs based on intel are almost certainly much more expensive.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • hi you can check our offers https://dc.dignusdata.center/cart.php?gid=25 this is test https://serverscope.io/trials/32zd
    DE EE MK BE and GB locations

• @PurpleFuZe said:

@seriesn said:

@PurpleFuZe said:
    Hi All,

Thanks!

That is correct boss!

We have a "customer first" business motto :). And these are not resold VPS from hetzner, so you will have full support for hardware and even certain connectivity related issues :).

Here is an excerpt from our website

All our customer service officers abide by our service creed: "If it isn’t unreasonable, illegal or technically unfeasible, we will strive to meet your expectation."

Join the family :)

@jsg thann you, for continuing to be a really awesome member of the family! We are honored to be able to service you. :)