Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why don't companies setup NAT64 and sell VMs with different IPv6 but same IPv4 for xx VMs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why don't companies setup NAT64 and sell VMs with different IPv6 but same IPv4 for xx VMs?

It would certainly cut down their costs since IPv4 is expensive. Imagine having 10 VMs with different IPv6 but same IPv4 using NAT64 and DNS64, all will work fine as ever as long as your IPv4 connection speed is good and NAT64 server config is good.

Comments

• So, why not give nat LEBs a try?
    AFAIK the standard configuration is nat IPv4 and public IPv6

• donlidonli Member
    edited April 2020

Many of us are using services at companies offering NAT VPSs (shout out to @Cam) as well as some IPv6 only ones).

• pikepike Veteran

As long as you can get VPS with native IPv4 for ~2€/m or even less, it just isn't worth the hassle.

• donlidonli Member

@pike said:
    As long as you can get VPS with native IPv4 for ~2€/m or even less, it just isn't worth the hassle.

The retail cost for the IPv4 address is about $1/month.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I can see the marketing angle now:

"Do you miss the IP reputation issues from shared hosting, but still want the control of root access?"

Thanked by 2skorous pike
  • @donli said:
    Many of us are using services at companies offering NAT VPSs (shout out to @Cam) as well as some IPv6 only ones).

Can you direct me to their thread/shop, your mention is broken.

• donlidonli Member

@Sherlock said:

@donli said:

Can you direct me to their thread/shop, your mention is broken.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/163063/gullos-hosting-2-year-vps-ny-la-chi-pen-ca-de-fin-bg/p1

• I can also recommend @mikho (mrvm.net). His boxes are great, got around 8 of him I believe.

Thanked by 2mikho Sherlock