Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendations?

cloudservercloudserver Member, Patron Provider

Hey everyone,

I'm new here but not new to the industry. In the past I have used WHMCS, but have considered Hostbill. I know software can come along way over the years, any help in pointing me in the right direction would be helpful! Reasons why you lean one way or the other would be great too!

I am also looking to do something different when it comes to the control panel. I would like to offer services that have the ability to add on HA, scalability, and more of a cloud like feel than just a VPS.

Thanks!

Comments

• cloudservercloudserver Member, Patron Provider

Hey guys, I've followed these forums for awhile, I know you are more informative than this! I would really appreciate some feedback :)

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

It depends on your needs and budget.
    Hostbill is really good and have maximum features. But if you have low budget then you can consider Blesta as well.

Thanked by 1cloudserver
  • cloudservercloudserver Member, Patron Provider

@ViridWeb said:
    Hostbill is really good and have maximum features. But if you have low budget then you can consider Blesta as well.

I appreciate your response, would you say Hostbill has more to offer than WHMCS? Budget is not a concern. Making the right choice is :)

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@cloudserver said:

@ViridWeb said:

I appreciate your response, would you say Hostbill has more to offer than WHMCS? Budget is not a concern. Making the right choice is :)

No I did not said that. They are different software and have many differences.

I can say that Hostbill is more suitable for Data Center purposes.

But You can do same work with both Hostbill and WHMCS

So it's up to you.

• @cloudserver I recognize LET is one part of the thorough research I presume you are doing. At this time, I am certain you would have looked at both websites, including hostbills very thorough list of features and integrations. From that, I would venture you have a list of key differentiators between the two product and to achieve your objectives. When you reached out to both sales teams- what answers did they give you to clarify any concerns you have with either product. I'm sure once you did all that its very easy to interpret "its up to you" or hostbill has more features in their proper context. Perhaps @viridweb could let you know how they made their choices and what differences were key to achieve their functionality.

In short, I suggest very thorough conversations with both vendors and serious reflection on your skills and your teams skills before purchasing

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

Maybe you can give us some more insight into what you want to do. Because based on this you will get more/less use out of the different solutions you can get.

Whats your target market?

• are you planning on re-selling domains?
    • are you planning to do vps? whats your hypervisor/management tool of choice?
    • are you going to for dedicated servers? How does your automatic provisioning work? how does your remote-management work?
    • are you going to .,,,,,

:)

ideally you already know what your focus is and what your already existing/planned solutions/infrastructure looks like. Then you have to check how you want them integrated. => once you have all of this, look at what plugins/integrations are available for the software solutions that are frequently used.

Then you should have a rough idea which one to go for. ... only one more step: check if the selected solution fits with your budget (and consider the target pricing of the stuff you want to sell, as you also have to factor the license cost into that at some point....)