Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW OVH VPS Range - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW OVH VPS Range

2»

Comments

• @NanoG6 said:
    I don't see why I should switch from $3.35 VPS SSD 2018, to this $3.5 Starter VPS. They both using SATA

Aren't the new ones NVMe?

• pbxpbx Member

WSCallum said: Aren't the new ones NVMe?

Not the cheapest VPS, or at least it's not marketed as such.

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited April 2020

Does this count traffic up and down? And do they care about cpu usage?

Edit: asking for APAC.

• zenkizenki Member

@kennsann said:

I was excited for a second because I saw Singapore and Sydney were available and it said unlimited traffic, but in the fine print it says
    "* For VPS hosted in Sydney and Singapore : 1TB traffic/month for the VPS range “Starter” and “Value”, 2TB/month for the VPS range “Essential”, 3TB/month for the VPS range “Comfort” and 4TB/month for the VPS range “Elite” . Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded."

I don't think they care about CPU, I have 8 instances with them that use high CPU

• @HyperK9 said:

@kennsann said:

I was excited for a second because I saw Singapore and Sydney were available and it said unlimited traffic, but in the fine print it says
    "* For VPS hosted in Sydney and Singapore : 1TB traffic/month for the VPS range “Starter” and “Value”, 2TB/month for the VPS range “Essential”, 3TB/month for the VPS range “Comfort” and 4TB/month for the VPS range “Elite” . Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded."

I don't think they care about CPU, I have 8 instances with them that use high CPU

Great. Same with LW then.

Now, just the question of BW whether they count up and down. I know they dont count down in the dedis in APAC tho.

• What are these good for? Running a CDN for your tiny assets? Radio stations?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

There is a bug with these VPS. They cannot be renew.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @vimalware said:
    What are these good for? Running a CDN for your tiny assets? Radio stations?

Yes probably. Was expecting way better CPU performance.
    For the same price, I'll be getting better results with a Nexus Bytes or Netcup VPS.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I was hoping for a choose between the CPU's like before. The 3GHz ones were great. One concern I have is... It doesn't state how the storage is setup?

• vovlervovler Member
    edited April 2020

"2 Gbps - unlimited traffic"
    at $31? Too good to be true, but still move believable than OneProvider's 2Gbps.

• The old Cloud VPS were great, these don't seem quite as fascinating with low clock speeds, none dedicated options etc. Still not bad for the price though

• edited April 2020

Finally OVH VPS that is not limited to 100Mbps. Awesome! Hopefully US will be added soon as well.

• Nice.

Hope US be added soon. Contabo vps pricing is better though.

Oddly their order page says 500mbps for the elite and comfort plan. Not the spec out 1g and 2g speeds.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited April 2020

So it’s only 2GHz across the entire range? That’s a bit disappointing

As another user mentioned before their VPS Cloud range offered 3GHz CPUs

Especially for their listed use case of running game servers, higher CPU clock speed can offer additional benefits

I assume they removed the option to order the previous older VPS ranges from the API as well, but I’ll have to check on that

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@vovler said:
    at $31? Too good to be true, but still move believable than OneProvider's 2Gbps.

no, it's limited to 10Mbps after 2Tb.

• @MikeA said:

@vovler said:

Only in APAC region. Otherwise, it's "unlimited".

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @MikeA said:

That applies only to APAC

• doughnetdoughnet Member
    edited April 2020

Anyone know if they will ban a VPS if the cpu usage is high with video transcoding?