Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game servers that use Hetzner servers do not listed in game server list. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Game servers that use Hetzner servers do not listed in game server list.

2»

Comments

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

I host a few Mount & Blade Warband servers for Turkish customers and I sometimes get a ticket in regards to one of their friends not being able to see the server. There might actually be some censorship going on. Try connecting with a VPN in Germany and seeing if you can reach it.

• sezingsezing Member, Host Rep

@Falzo said:

Falzo said: maybe it depends on the location of the player and what centralized server of the game is managing the server lists and stuff? like some gfw bs in your country ...

so probably not an issue of hetzner directly but more likely someone or something blocking their IP range. open a ticket with your government?

I will also investigate our ISP or government ends.

@DrFallen said:
    @sezing Shouldn't matter as there's no region lock in Rust. The only reason you would is for matchmaking for TF or CSGO usually. I can see servers from all over.

Ingame browser: https://prnt.sc/s496b3

Thank you for all your help much appreciated.

@CConner said:
    I host a few Mount & Blade Warband servers for Turkish customers and I sometimes get a ticket in regards to one of their friends not being able to see the server. There might actually be some censorship going on. Try connecting with a VPN in Germany and seeing if you can reach it.

Nice catch. I will try that.

Btw, nice see some other game server provider here.

Thanked by 1DrFallen
  • I would say if you’ve genuinely tried different OS and setups (even try it on Hetzners own images just incase theres a specific network config etc), and its truly that big of an issue then your only real option would be looking at another provider.

@sezing said:

@Falzo said:

Falzo said: maybe it depends on the location of the player and what centralized server of the game is managing the server lists and stuff? like some gfw bs in your country ...

so probably not an issue of hetzner directly but more likely someone or something blocking their IP range. open a ticket with your government?

@DrFallen said:
    @sezing Shouldn't matter as there's no region lock in Rust. The only reason you would is for matchmaking for TF or CSGO usually. I can see servers from all over.

@CConner said:

If you want, I can try spinning up a game server on one of my machines. If that doesn't work either you 100% the problem is on your side.

@CConner said:

@sezing said:

@Falzo said:

@DrFallen said:

@CConner said:

If you want, I can try spinning up a game server on one of my machines. If that doesn't work either you 100% the problem is on your side.

It would be very nice if you do that. Just create a rust server I will check that on my side.

• Hey sezing, did you ever get your issue sorted? I'm currently in the middle of trying to figure out why my Ark server isn't showing up in the unofficial list. I can't seem to find out why! Ports should be in check, and the server works fine through connecting directly.

• @Vandaskuut said:
    Hey sezing, did you ever get your issue sorted? I'm currently in the middle of trying to figure out why my Ark server isn't showing up in the unofficial list. I can't seem to find out why! Ports should be in check, and the server works fine through connecting directly.

“ The in-game server list only shows around 5000 servers at any one time.”

ARK can be frustrating but if it’s showing up on Steam it’s working fine. You’re just unlucky with the draw. Not sure why they designed the list like that probably only to reduce lag.

• @DrFallen said:

@Vandaskuut said:
    Hey sezing, did you ever get your issue sorted? I'm currently in the middle of trying to figure out why my Ark server isn't showing up in the unofficial list. I can't seem to find out why! Ports should be in check, and the server works fine through connecting directly.

ARK can be frustrating but if it’s showing up on Steam it’s working fine. You’re just unlucky with the draw. Not sure why they designed the list like that probably only to reduce lag.

Yes! Ark is frustrating in that way, haha. I'm aware of the server selection however I just wanted to know if anything changed. At this point I don't think my 27015 port is open, even with my firewalls disabled. Note: I'm a complete and utter novice when it comes down to this stuff.

edited April 2020

@Vandaskuut said:

@DrFallen said:

@Vandaskuut said:

Yes! Ark is frustrating in that way, haha. I'm aware of the server selection however I just wanted to know if anything changed. At this point I don't think my 27015 port is open, even with my firewalls disabled. Note: I'm a complete and utter novice when it comes down to this stuff.

ARK is just one buggy dumpster fire let's be fair.

• @Vandaskuut said:

@DrFallen said:

@Vandaskuut said:

If you want you can message me the IP if you don't want it shown publically to see if I can find it. How has the server been setup?

• VandaskuutVandaskuut Member
    edited April 2020

We run 2 servers and a test server.

This is our parameter for one of our servers : file:///C:/Program%20Files/ARK%20SERVERS/Servers/Server1/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ShooterGameServer.exe%20Ragnarok%3Flisten%3FMultiHome=XXXXXXXXXX%3FPort=7777%3FQueryPort=27015%3FMaxPlayers=80%3FAllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True%20-clusterid=xxxxxx%20-ClusterDirOverride=%22C:/Program%20Files/ARK%20SERVERS%22%20-NoTransferFromFiltering%20-UseBattlEye%20-useallavailablecores%20-usecache%20-nomemorybias%20-StasisKeepControllers%20-NoHangDetection%20-structurememopts%20-nosteamclient%20-game%20-server%20-log

I'll pm you the IP if you like. Any more info you need?

• Just DM me, IP:Port is it just running on Windows or it a panel of some kind?

• Windows. Pm coming!

• DrFallenDrFallen Member
    edited April 2020

Looked into the server is showing up fine in Steam. Just as a rule of thumb for anyone out there if you can find it in the Steam server list then your servers will show up fine. There are just some games that might not show it immediately if at all if it's extremely popular or just has a ton of servers. Just make sure you open up your query ports and you're good to go.

With Ark especially make sure you list your server list by unofficial. Also when you load 2500 servers frames drop to about 2 until it finishes loading.

@CConner said:

@sezing said:

@Falzo said:

@DrFallen said:

@CConner said:

I still waiting :smile: Could you please create one Rust server and share IP and Port with me? I would like to test hetzner server other tan auctions ones

@sezing said:

@CConner said:

@sezing said:

@Falzo said:

@DrFallen said:

@CConner said:

I still waiting :smile: Could you please create one Rust server and share IP and Port with me? I would like to test hetzner server other tan auctions ones

On it. I took the weekend off for a change.

Thanked by 1sezing
  • Quick update to this post : my own client/network will not find my servers in the browser, however, as soon as I VPN into Norway (bear in mind that the server is located in Finland) the servers show up almost instantaneously. Funnily enough, the servers do not show up on a Finnish VPN.

• DrFallenDrFallen Member
    edited April 2020

Normally there isn’t any region locking as mentioned before it’s only real use is in source matchmaking and has to be set as such. However since there is a server limit region priority is more than likely a thing.

• Yes, although I find it interesting that ARK shows me a maximum of 973 (ish) servers on my own region (belgium) and wildly different figures on other vpns. Region priority? sure - to a certain degree that should be a thing, but the fact that I don't even get to any hard capped limit in my region while there are many other servers with decent ping is something else entirely... But that has little to do with the topic of course, like it has been said, ARK is a dumpster fire.

Sorry about going off topic.

• Because the hard cap is 2500? Not 500?

• I'm not sure what you mean, on my Swedish VPN I found 3100ish servers.

• I'm not sure what to tell you. I've seen numbers of either 2500 or 4500 around. I personally have only seen 2516.

• I have the same problem. My CSGO server is no longer listed. It worked like one week ago but it's no longer working now.