Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving from VestaCP to DirectAdmin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moving from VestaCP to DirectAdmin

I have 1GB RAM VPS from BuyVM.

Is it smart to move from VestaCP to DirectAdmin?

Also is it possible to have custom (my) nameservers in DirectAdmin with just single IP? I'm lazy to migrate to new DNS provider for all domains.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

soviet said: Is it smart to move from VestaCP to DirectAdmin?

That is your choice, personally I would say if you care for your data then VestaCP is not the way and you would be better with DA.

soviet said: Also is it possible to have custom (my) nameservers in DirectAdmin with just single IP? I'm lazy to migrate to new DNS provider for all domains.

Yes.

• @soviet said:
    I have 1GB RAM VPS from BuyVM.

Is it smart to move from VestaCP to DirectAdmin?

Also is it possible to have custom (my) nameservers in DirectAdmin with just single IP? I'm lazy to migrate to new DNS provider for all domains.

From a non profit panel to a for profit panel, you will definitely enjoy the commercial product.

Migration would be a manual process though. Something to think about:)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

soviet said: Also is it possible to have custom (my) nameservers in DirectAdmin with just single IP? I'm lazy to migrate to new DNS provider for all domains.

Yep, works fine.

We do this all the time for people.

Francisco

Thanked by 1amadex1337
  • amadex1337amadex1337 Member
    edited April 2020

Well, I will start the process in 2 days to migrate everything :hushed:
    I've got headaches from Vesta... Today I did apt-get update & upgrade, Vesta won't start services etc. Was pain to rescue my files and fix that sh*t of panel.

My Swiss neighboors would say for this situation "Das macht keinen Sinn mehr" :smiley:

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I recommend you use CentOS 7 if possible.

Francisco

• amadex1337amadex1337 Member
    edited April 2020

@Francisco said:
    I recommend you use CentOS 7 if possible.

Francisco

It is possible, thanks for advice.
    Btw, your servers are amazing (Roost).

• Why you want change?

• cazrzcazrz Member

Whatever panel you use, before you upgrade your systems. Backup first.
    Even when using cpanel, its possible you get issues. How many sites you have? Hundreds?