Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach recovering trouble (Support not answering)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach recovering trouble (Support not answering)

I buyed a VPS on Virmach, woking fine, windows. The trouble that i have is that i lost my file where is backup code and 2f2. I sent many mails and never return back me. I cant login to my account and cannot buy any service too. Anyone have the same problem?
whats a pitty, need find another provider.

Comments

• So you dont have your backups ? Any ticket created? Did virmach agree to email support for your account?

Thanked by 1ocalle
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Did you check your spam folder? Maybe their reply goes there.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2020

Have you bought the Premium Support & Management and Disaster Recovery Backups services from them or just expecting to have such services for free as part of VPS?

P.S. personally dealt with customer In past who purchased self managed service at peanuts cost and expected VPS with premium proactive management service.

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited April 2020

a friend of mine dealt same problem and solved... did you try mailing [email protected]?

yes you did.. well, point is its a solvable problem :)

Thanked by 1ocalle
  • The virmach 2fa is indeed broken for months now. You dont get the 2fa code in email like you used to so you need to use the backup code and save the new one after.

Thanked by 1ocalle
  • PwnerPwner Member

@WebProject said:
    P.S. personally dealt with customer In past who purchased self managed service at peanuts cost and expected VPS with premium proactive management service.

You mean to tell me that the VPS I pay $4/month for shouldn't come with automated backups and 24/7 assistance with helping me step by step on how to install a LAMP stack and configure an .htaccess file? /s

• @Pwner said:

@WebProject said:

You mean to tell me that the VPS I pay $4/month for shouldn't come with automated backups and 24/7 assistance with helping me step by step on how to install a LAMP stack and configure an .htaccess file? /s

Any decent provider would at least say that comes at a cost or at least point the client to the right direction.

• yes, they are. They are some kind of dirt cheap, but no support. If issue happens, then booom!

edited April 2020

@Pwner said:

@WebProject said:

It’s clearly stated on their website that the backups is service extra! The other option if you don’t know how to administrate the server it’s your problem as plenty of other option either to hire someone to run the server for you or purchase the managed service again clearly stated on their website!

The cost of backup storage is cost extra as data centres can’t do a specials deal like unlimited data storage and data transfer at $7 per year!

• PwnerPwner Member

People have clearly missed the sarcasm tag I mentioned earlier, my faith in humanity continues to wane.

Thanked by 2skorous WebProject
  • @Pwner said:

@WebProject said:

You forgot to add the help needed to reboot and restart and reinstall the server also
    I am too pro to do anything on my own, better let's create the ticket

@Pwner said:
    People have clearly missed the sarcasm tag I mentioned earlier, my faith in humanity continues to wane.

Unfortunately for some people is too hard click button restart or they do disable every task on their VM and complaining about that their VM is unusable, it’s only one reason is unusable due to luck of server admin management skills.

• @Pwner said:

you should have tag properly. instead of /s you shoudl write #thisisclearlyasarcasm

now that is tag, a hash one at that.

• Thank you very much for the comments, yes I checked the spam account and did not receive anything, they sent me twice the same email requesting information that I responded by ticket and by email and nothing happen. When it expires I will look for other options, I work with two other providers more and zero inconvenience.

• Virmach has an account here. You talk about him like in a gossip, without tagging him. This is how a user can target the provider here respectfully, take notes:

@VirMach - I kindly request to help this poor soul who opened this thread.

(and because this is not Virmach support, and provider is not forced to answer, an emotional gif is optional but could create impact inside a technical heart)

Thanked by 1imok
  • @WebProject said:

@Pwner said:

@WebProject said:

It’s clearly stated on their website that the backups is service extra! The other option if you don’t know how to administrate the server it’s your problem as plenty of other option either to hire someone to run the server for you or purchase the managed service again clearly stated on their website!

The cost of backup storage is cost extra as data centres can’t do a specials deal like unlimited data storage and data transfer at $7 per year!

You understand the issue is that he lost the "backup code" to login to the account (some sort of two factor authentication issue), and has nothing to do with actual backups of the VPS, right?

tl;dr he lost ability to login to his account and complaining of not getting responses via email to regain login capability. If I were trying to do a password reset process and never getting the email, or never getting a response from the provider, I'd be pissed off, too. All these stupid responses about managed service is ridiculous.

However, OP lost sympathy from me when he puts into the title "Support not answering" but he then later says, "they sent me twice the same email requesting information that I responded by ticket and by email and nothing happen." So they are CLEARLY responding, but without a timeline, we don't know if this is hours, days or weeks.

When trying to get lost account access, there should be an extra burden of proof as security precaution and we don't know if you're actually providing the information they request. Getting sent the same info twice could be a result of responding by email and ticket.

OP, when you leave out pertinent information or mislead, you're suspect. It's better to give all the history and timelines and not withhold key info or you lose credibility.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • cheap VPS , u need to manage it by yourself ;)

@TimboJones said:

@WebProject said:

@Pwner said:

@WebProject said:

You understand the issue is that he lost the "backup code" to login to the account (some sort of two factor authentication issue), and has nothing to do with actual backups of the VPS, right?

tl;dr he lost ability to login to his account and complaining of not getting responses via email to regain login capability. If I were trying to do a password reset process and never getting the email, or never getting a response from the provider, I'd be pissed off, too. All these stupid responses about managed service is ridiculous.

However, OP lost sympathy from me when he puts into the title "Support not answering" but he then later says, "they sent me twice the same email requesting information that I responded by ticket and by email and nothing happen." So they are CLEARLY responding, but without a timeline, we don't know if this is hours, days or weeks.

When trying to get lost account access, there should be an extra burden of proof as security precaution and we don't know if you're actually providing the information they request. Getting sent the same info twice could be a result of responding by email and ticket.

OP, when you leave out pertinent information or mislead, you're suspect. It's better to give all the history and timelines and not withhold key info or you lose credibility.

Personally I don’t believe that some one forgot the email address as in order to reset the password to their client area is required email address + what ever option for two factor authentication (mobile phone or email again). if the OP forgot to update email or mobile number so it’s different issue and definitely required additional verification.

• He doesn't mention forgetting the email address. I'm going to guess this is the result of chinese deal reselling.