Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Which LEB Specialization Group is least/most interesting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Which LEB Specialization Group is least/most interesting?

jbilohjbiloh Administrator
edited April 2020 in General

Just a quick question. Current on Low End Box we have a new "Specializations" sub-section to help users find what they are looking for more easily:

Current list is:

High CPU
High RAM
High Storage
NVMe Storage
VPN
Web Hosting
Dedicated Servers
Exotic Location
Resident Host

What do you think should be added or removed?

I was thinking that "DDOS Protection" should probably be added.

What do you guys think?

Comments

  • Offering at least IPv6 /64.

    Thanked by 1benj0x
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Provider

    jbiloh said: I was thinking that "DDOS Protection" should probably be added.

    Right now that's a hot topic with all the kids of school for sure.

    What do you guys think?

    I think some re-arangement of the geographical setions would be good. For example put Canada on the left and title it North America. Perhaps reduce the categories there too and introduce more options for Other. You should be able to do that now if you are serious about showcasing more hosts than just CC locations.

    North America * 2, Europe, Asia & South America would make more sense as far as columns go.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    SplitIce said: I think some re-arangement of the geographical setions would be good. For example put Canada on the left and title it North America. Perhaps reduce the categories there too and introduce more options for Other. You should be able to do that now if you are serious about showcasing more hosts than just CC locations.

    North America * 2, Europe, Asia & South America would make more sense as far as columns go.

    That certainly makes sense.

    What would you suggest specifically for the order/arrangement?

  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Provider

    N. America
    US West
    Los Angeles
    Seattle
    San Jose

    US East
    Buffalo
    New York
    Atlanta
    Miami

    US Central
    Chicago
    Dallas
    Denver
    Kansas City

    Other
    Canada
    Mexico

    Europe
    Austria
    France
    Germany
    Italy
    Netherlands
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom

    S. America
    Brazil
    Chile

    Asia / Pacific
    S.E Asia
    Aus & NZ
    Other

    • North, East, West, South might also be an option for Europe.
    • States for US might also open up options for more competition. I mean how many operators are there really in KC?
  • What a way to help users find deadpooling scam hosts

    Thanked by 1MrH
  • hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Provider

    Hi Jon,

    I would like to see the following changes (Added New Locations in bold):

    East Coast
    Buffalo
    New York
    Atlanta
    Jacksonville

    Asia / Pacific
    India
    Russia
    Aus & NZ

    Virtualization/OS
    OpenVZ
    Xen
    KVM
    VMWare
    Windows
    LInux
    OpenVZ vs KVM

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    I am making some tweaks to this now and will come back with a revised break down shortly.

    Keep the suggestions coming.

  • hostnamaste said: I would like to see the following changes (Added New Locations in bold):

    Sure you want to see your own locations...

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

    hostnamaste said: I would like to see the following changes (Added New Locations in bold):

    Sure you want to see your own locations...

    I don't think Jacksonville is a big enough market to list specifically.

    I have added India and Russia because that seems like a no brainer.

    Here is the revised version.

    What other changes should we make?

    I want to add "DDOS Protection" - should we remove one of the specilizations or just add DDOS Protection and leave all the others?

    Thanks for the input everyone.

  • serveria_comserveria_com Member, Provider

    Remove:

    High CPU
    High RAM
    High Storage

    Add: Anonymous Services and/or Crypto Payments. Just my 2 cents. B)

  • hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Provider

    I think "Hyper-V" should be added in Virtualization/OS, but not sure how popular it is in this biggest market of OpenVZ and KVM at this time.

  • @serveria_com said:
    Add: Anonymous Services and/or Crypto Payments. Just my 2 cents. B)

    Add: Deadpooling and/or Scam. Just my 2 cents. B)

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    serveria_com said: Remove:

    High CPU
    High RAM
    High Storage

    Who shares this opinion? At least I was thinking that high RAM and High storage were valuable.

    serveria_com said: Add: Anonymous Services and/or Crypto Payments. Just my 2 cents.

    Crypto could work. Problem is many offers that accept bitcoin are not tagged specifically for that so the information would not be very thorough.

    hostnamaste said: I think "Hyper-V" should be added in Virtualization/OS, but not sure how popular it is in this biggest market of OpenVZ and KVM at this time.

    I am open to adding Hyper-V but there are very few offers for it, see: https://lowendbox.com/tag/hyper-v/

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    Here is the latest revision:

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @jbiloh My 2 cents,
    -> Tags based on product type instead of specialization (Storage/VPS/Reseller/Shared)
    -> How hard would be the have a filter system? So if one wants to narrow down let's say, USA->New York->KVM->High Ram or any other ways around?
    -> A tag for "Proceed with caution" for hosts that has been in business for less than a year?
    -> Tag based on accepted payment type.
    -> A clear explanation of why/what makes a host "Trusted Hosts". Specially when seeing an old veterans name next to a new one, it doesn't really make much sense? Maybe even create a list of trusted store? Maybe something like this, where things aren't arbitrary info but rather data driven https://lowendboxes.review/the-whitelist/

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator
    edited April 2020

    seriesn said: @jbiloh My 2 cents,
    Tags based on product type instead of specialization (Storage/VPS/Reseller/Shared)
    How hard would be the have a filter system? So if one wants to narrow down let's say, USA->New York->KVM->High Ram or any other ways around?
    A tag for "Proceed with caution" for hosts that has been in business for less than a year?
    Tag based on accepted payment type.
    A clear explanation of why/what makes a host "Trusted Hosts". Specially when seeing an old veterans name next to a new one, it doesn't really make much sense? Maybe even create a list of trusted store? Maybe something like this, where things aren't arbitrary info but rather data driven https://lowendboxes.review/the-whitelist/

    These are great suggestions.

    I will look into creating a page for certain specializations rather than just a category or tag so that more information can be provided. I can see that being useful for things like explaining DDOS Protection, High CPU/RAM/Storage, Trusted Hosts, etc.

    Also agree that setting a more formal process for establishing "Resident Providers / Trusted Hosts" is a good idea. This dates back to @mpkossen from years ago. :)

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    I made a few more tweaks to the whole block today.

    Tomorrow I am going to create some pages for each specialization to explain them, too. :)

  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

    I think the problem is less "we need more of XYZ" but rather structure and presentation. Offering choices in the form of links either limits the choices or gets unwieldy quickly. Drop down lists at the right level, e.g. european countries might be better for anything beyond very basic grouping (like continents or large regions like west-coast).

    One probably increasingly attractive point to add is "Intel - AMD - ARM" processors I think.

    Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Panel like cpanel, plesk etc and if or not included in price

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @chiccorosso said:
    Panel like cpanel, plesk etc and if or not included in price

    Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into this.

Sign In or Register to comment.