Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is Covid 19 Affecting your business productivity?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is Covid 19 Affecting your business productivity?

How are you guys managing your business have you let your employees work from home or gave them a paid leave?

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1vishald
  • Here at our company, we are all working from our homes. Eventually we get together, physically, to sign documents.
    Every day we have group meetings.
    We try to keep the working day normal, but we can't confirm that the employee is actually doing their job.
    Our customers are working remotely, not having much impact on our revenue.
  • I wanted to say it's a discussion, but someone messed up the quote button...
  • Linux Mint please.

• AidanAidan Member

Yes.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

No I have always worked from home so I'm used to it 😂

• serveria_comserveria_com Member, Host Rep

We are not affected by COVID-19. Server provisioning, support tickets and remote hands working as normal. Admins and support remotely from home techies at the dc.

• @serveria_com said:
    We are not affected by COVID-19. Server provisioning, support tickets and remote hands working as normal. Admins and support remotely from home techies at the dc.

That's smooth!

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

@serveria_com said:

Same here, working from home, but all the things +- are ok.

• @bacloud said:

@serveria_com said:

Same here, working from home, but all the things +- are ok.

that's great, but are you tracking their reports and activity? like are they working efficiently from home

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

The biggest problem I've found. Not knowing what day it is. Every day the same at home...

Got some big deadlines next week. But next weekend I need a break.

Thanked by 3Pwner kkrajk MichaelCee
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I've worked from home the past two years so pretty used to the working from home thing by now so no reduction in productivity.

I have, however, noticed some slow downs in the industry, etc. Not surprising I suppose.

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

HostKoala has seen a slight increase in sales in the past month or so ( 10-15% ), since we share the profits I guess we have seen a tiny wage bump :)

@Hostlovin said:
    HostKoala has seen a slight increase in sales in the past month or so ( 10-15% ), since we share the profits I guess we have seen a tiny wage bump :)

That's great, congratulations. Hopefully it keeps going well for you and the company.

• noezdenoezde Member, Patron Provider

the majority of our employees are currently in the home office. I would say that it does not affect the productivity of our employees. we'll see what it looks like in a few months

• I even forget the deadline...

• @noezde said:
    the majority of our employees are currently in the home office. I would say that it does not affect the productivity of our employees. we'll see what it looks like in a few months

yeah, how are you monitoring your employees task & reports

• PwnerPwner Member

The company I work for specializes in CRM and ERP integrations, I was expecting a downturn in demand for us. With everyone switching to cloud/online platforms, our sales and demand skyrocketed in the past two weeks.

I've had to work more hours now than before.

• lmsylmsy Member

my customers have less money,
    so do l

• Everybody's working from home, and though I personally find my productivity has suffered a bit, I'd say the difference is not that great.

No employee monitoring. Morning daily and afternoon coffee break are conducted via video conference, which seems to work pretty well.

This past week I am noticing productivity increase (email flow higher, etc). Perhaps people are becoming more comfortable with the new, hopefully temporary, routine.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    This past week I am noticing productivity increase (email flow higher, etc). Perhaps people are becoming more comfortable with the new, hopefully temporary, routine.

I think a lot of companies will just stick with WFH. A lot of companies with huge office space costs always wonder how well the company would operate from home so they could drop that cost.

They were never able to do a real test run but now they've been forced to.

Maybe they are 90% as efficient, but if you just cut all that rental cost it's probably worth it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • mxnhostmxnhost Member, Host Rep

Hi,

Firstly, I hope you are all well and safe :)

I am interested to hear how other businesses or even sole traders, are coping with this pandemic! Has this situation affected your business massively? Has there been an increase/depletion in leads?

Here in the UK, London with the extension it feels like the end is not nigh; but have to always remind myself we went into this lock down later than everyone else.

Stay safe!

• noezdenoezde Member, Patron Provider

@vishald said:

@noezde said:

yeah, how are you monitoring your employees task & reports

We use Mindmeister as a todo list for all tasks. Telephone conferences are also held regularly. Of course, 100% control is not possible, but we do not have the impression that the workload has decreased. We currently trust the employees because we do not feel that the home office situation is being exploited.

• WSSWSS Member

I'm having to wash between jerkoff sessions.

@WSS said:

That sounds stressful sir...

• WSSWSS Member

@Jord said:

@WSS said:

It's mostly the chapped skin that is aggravating, TBH.

@WSS said:

@Jord said:

@WSS said:

It's mostly the chapped skin that is aggravating, TBH.

Might want to put some cream on that sir

• Where is the money? If population does not have money, and small companies close down day by day without money, where are the numbers of money? Maybe it's time for those corporations with big fat numbers to give back to humans who generated such numbers over the years, like governments saved banks in 2008.

Thanked by 1ratherbak3d
  • patial business is stopped