Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers with the cheapest IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers with the cheapest IPs

4d4m4d4m Member
edited April 2020 in Requests

I'm looking for a provider in the US to get a low cost dedi and some cheap IPs that I can NAT to some VMs over a Wireguard VPN.

I'm considering an OVH server and paying the upfront fee for a block of IPs as that seems like the cheapest option in the long run, but looking for other options. Suggestions/offers?

Any OVH deals available at the moment?

Comments

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

Hetzner is more cheaper then ovh :) as compared to server price + specs like check the 3700x price its around 80$ there + ips setup fee per month when u compare it with hetzner there its just 63$/m

Also check the @1gservers they are offering a good servers + ips cost is only 1$/ip
    As well
    @Reliableweb
    @Clouvider
    @HostSlick
    @cociu

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Do you need the server to have decent specs or is it just for the IPs? Hetzner, OVH, Online.net and Nocix tend to be the cheapest when you consider specs + IP.

• 4d4m4d4m Member

@AK_KWH said:
    Hetzner is more cheaper then ovh :) as compared to server price + specs like check the 3700x price its around 80$ there + ips setup fee per month when u compare it with hetzner there its just 63$/m

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm looking for a US host. But thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

• 4d4m4d4m Member

@AC_Fan said:
    Do you need the server to have decent specs or is it just for the IPs? Hetzner, OVH, Online.net and Nocix tend to be the cheapest when you consider specs + IP.

Mainly for the IPs.

QuickPacket seems to have the best deal on IPs and the $30 LA dedi should work.

@qps any Easter deals you can hook me up with? It's worth asking :smile:

• 4d4m4d4m Member

@AK_KWH said:
    Also check the @1gservers they are offering a good servers + ips cost is only 1$/ip
    As well
    @Reliableweb
    @Clouvider
    @HostSlick
    @cociu

I've used 1g and they're a great company, great service (I wrote a review for them). Had a great deal with them, but it was a little more then I needed.

Thanked by 11gservers
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

How many IPs are we talking? Some hosts have great deals on bigger blocks vs smaller blocks

• 4d4m4d4m Member

@SSDBlaze said:
    How many IPs are we talking? Some hosts have great deals on bigger blocks vs smaller blocks

I'd like either a /25 or /24 block, depending on prices. I'd obviously need bandwidth for that...I could start with ~25TB, but would need the ability to scale up and cost would be a factor there too.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@AK_KWH said:
    As well
    @Reliableweb
    @Clouvider
    @HostSlick
    @cociu

3.50€ per IPv4 per month.
    IPv6 is free.

Time to use ipv6

thanks,

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for the mention!

• FoulFoul Member

4d4m said: QuickPacket seems to have the best deal on IPs and the $30 LA dedi should work.

QuickPacket has Core i3 530 in stock for $25 per month.

https://quickpacket.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=88 Use promo code LC2V4SB7W2

Thanked by 14d4m
  • DamoHGDamoHG Member, Patron Provider

@AK_KWH said:

It would depend on the amount of IPs you get? Doesn't Hetzner charge over $1 per ip/month?

@DamoHG said:

@AK_KWH said:

It would depend on the amount of IPs you get? Doesn't Hetzner charge over $1 per ip/month?

i just order few ips per server so i dont know what exactly the cost of the ips is what i get its cheaper then ovh because i dont over sale my servers so :) however here is the link where u can get https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/IP-Adressen/en

• If you are looking for a long term solution, then definitely OVH is cheaper with a $3 one time fee per IP.
    Hetzner is cheap on hardware, however, its IP costs are recurring, hence, in the long term you'll end up paying more to Hetzner for the IP costs.

• DamoHGDamoHG Member, Patron Provider

@AK_KWH said:

@DamoHG said:

@AK_KWH said:

i just order few ips per server so i dont know what exactly the cost of the ips is what i get its cheaper then ovh because i dont over sale my servers so :) however here is the link where u can get https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/IP-Adressen/en

OVH IPs are one off free though. Pay $3 for the first month and never pay for them again.

Hetzner prices are amazing but if you need to pay for a decent amount of IPs OVH will win out.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

4d4m said: @qps any Easter deals you can hook me up with? It's worth asking

Add a /24 to any server for an additional $80 per month. Offer expires in 48 hours.

Thanked by 2Falzo 4d4m

@DamoHG said:

@AK_KWH said:

@DamoHG said:

@AK_KWH said:

OVH IPs are one off free though. Pay $3 for the first month and never pay for them again.

Hetzner prices are amazing but if you need to pay for a decent amount of IPs OVH will win out.

What if you had to pay same extra $$ for the server cost which u pay in the form of renewal

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Quadranet and ColoCrossing also come to mind here.

• 4d4m4d4m Member
    edited April 2020

@qps said:

Add a /24 to any server for an additional $80 per month. Offer expires in 48 hours.

Just placed an order and opened a ticket with sales.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, @Foul for the promo code, and @qps for the awesome deal!

Edit/Update: Really disappointed in my experience attempting to get this ordered from QuickPacket; and I can not recommend them despite the discount on IPs (however, OVH is still cheaper). If @qps would like to provide me with an explanation I would welcome that, but so far no reason has been given as to why he won't honor his offer (all I've gotten from him is that he won't give me a reason). That's his choice, however, and I respect that, but I will not be attempting to order from them again and I would recommend taking their offers with a grain of salt.

Regardless, with the low upfront fee per IP and the discount for 2 year pre-payment OVH is still cheaper; with a beefier server, unlimited bandwidth and DDOS protection that I wouldn't get at QuickPacket (without additional cost). Should have gone with OVH to begin with!

For anyone else in the same situation and looking for long term IPs, OVH is definitely your best option.

Again, thanks for the suggestions. Stay healthy and happy Easter!

• @4d4m said:

@qps said:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, @Foul for the promo code, and @qps for the awesome deal!

Edit/Update: Really disappointed in my experience attempting to get this ordered from QuickPacket; and I can not recommend them despite the discount on IPs (however, OVH is still cheaper). If @qps would like to provide me with an explanation I would welcome that, but so far no reason has been given as to why he won't honor his offer (all I've gotten from him is that he won't give me a reason). That's his choice, however, and I respect that, but I will not be attempting to order from them again and I would recommend taking their offers with a grain of salt.

Regardless, with the low upfront fee per IP and the discount for 2 year pre-payment OVH is still cheaper; with a beefier server, unlimited bandwidth and DDOS protection that I wouldn't get at QuickPacket (without additional cost). Should have gone with OVH to begin with!

For anyone else in the same situation and looking for long term IPs, OVH is definitely your best option.

That looks like less than 3 hours to reneg on a 48 hour offer. Maybe he meant 48 minutes. /s. I'd love to see the ticket response saying no to the thing he said less than 3 hours before.

Have to agree though, haven't been impressed by ticket responses myself and will not be renewing later this year when some come up.

Thanked by 14d4m
  • 4d4m4d4m Member
    edited April 2020

@TimboJones said:

@4d4m said:

@qps said:

That looks like less than 3 hours to reneg on a 48 hour offer. Maybe he meant 48 minutes. /s. I'd love to see the ticket response saying no to the thing he said less than 3 hours before.

https://ibb.co/F5SxCK7

I asked why, but my email got bounced because he closed the ticket and disabled my account before I could respond. I messaged him on LET to ask why and he told me that he wasn't willing to give me a reason. Seemed a little ridiculous to me too, but that's his choice 🤷‍♂️

Have to agree though, haven't been impressed by ticket responses myself and will not be renewing later this year when some come up.

Thanks, that reinforces my decision to go with OVH.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @4d4m said:

@TimboJones said:

@4d4m said:

@qps said:

https://ibb.co/F5SxCK7

I asked why, but my email got bounced because he closed the ticket and disabled my account before I could respond. I messaged him on LET to ask why and he told me that he wasn't willing to give me a reason. Seemed a little ridiculous to me too, but that's his choice 🤷‍♂️

Thanks, that reinforces my decision to go with OVH.

Thanks. Yeah, not the response I'd accept, either. ANY reason, real or fake, would be better than nothing.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

TimboJones said: Have to agree though, haven't been impressed by ticket responses myself and will not be renewing later this year when some come up.

Would love to address any problems you've been having. PM me ticket number(s) and I'll look into it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

TimboJones said: That looks like less than 3 hours to reneg on a 48 hour offer. Maybe he meant 48 minutes. /s. I'd love to see the ticket response saying no to the thing he said less than 3 hours before.

It wasn't about not honoring it, it was about choosing not to accept the order based on reasons that we won't be disclosing. I'm not here to shed light on our order approval process or to talk bad about anyone, only to clarify that it was not deciding not to honor the offer but to decline an order.

TimboJones said: Have to agree though, haven't been impressed by ticket responses myself and will not be renewing later this year when some come up.

Please let me know if I can do anything to improve this.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • 4d4m4d4m Member

@jar said:

TimboJones said: That looks like less than 3 hours to reneg on a 48 hour offer. Maybe he meant 48 minutes. /s. I'd love to see the ticket response saying no to the thing he said less than 3 hours before.

It wasn't about not honoring it, it was about choosing not to accept the order based on reasons that we won't be disclosing. I'm not here to shed light on our order approval process or to talk bad about anyone, only to clarify that it was not deciding not to honor the offer but to decline an order.

That was an excellent play on words, good job with that! I would not have ordered from you had you not come into my thread and offered the discount. Only after I placed an order, based on that offer, did you say that you were no longer interested and would not give any explanation as to why. We can play semantics all day, but reality is what it is.

Glad we got that cleared up 👍

Anyway, I got what I needed and I'm all set now. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Btw, good to see that LET still works as an escalation point for poor ticket response times. I hope you get your problems resolved @TimboJones !

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

4d4m said: Btw, good to see that LET still works as an escalation point for poor ticket response times. I hope you get your problems resolved @TimboJones !

There are few better platforms for getting a host's attention than Low End Talk, that's for sure.

Thanked by 2TimboJones 4d4m
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited April 2020

jar said: It wasn't about not honoring it, it was about choosing not to accept the order based on reasons that we won't be disclosing. I'm not here to shed light on our order approval process or to talk bad about anyone, only to clarify that it was not deciding not to honor the offer but to decline an order.

are you taking bets on how shoe-related it is?

4d4m said: I'm looking for a provider in the US to get a low cost dedi and some cheap IPs that I can NAT to some VMs over a Wireguard VPN.

This is not adequate justification, and if more information was provided you may not have gotten the offer in the first place..

Thanked by 2Foul TimboJones
  • 4d4m4d4m Member
    edited April 2020

@hzr said:

jar said: It wasn't about not honoring it, it was about choosing not to accept the order based on reasons that we won't be disclosing. I'm not here to shed light on our order approval process or to talk bad about anyone, only to clarify that it was not deciding not to honor the offer but to decline an order.

are you taking bets on how shoe-related it is?

4d4m said: I'm looking for a provider in the US to get a low cost dedi and some cheap IPs that I can NAT to some VMs over a Wireguard VPN.

This is not adequate justification, and if more information was provided you may not have gotten the offer in the first place..

If more information is needed before an offer can be given then more information should have been requested before the offer was given...seems like the logical thing to do. But that's beside the point because that wasn't a justification statement and I don't think anyone else took it that way. That simply says how I plan to configure them, it doesn't say or even imply what they would be used for. If more information was needed then why was more information never requested? Why did no one question or even mention IP justification at all until just now, after the fact?

I did voluntarily provide legitimate justification, btw, and would have been more then happy to provide references to support it (these are for small business VPN connections for accessing MS access databases and file shares for remote workers. I would have provided contact information for customers and the MSP in northern VA that we're working with on this project as references if requested, but that was never an issue and was never requested).

I realize that this thread may reflect poorly on a long standing member and you don't like that, but it was the providers choice to reject the order and provide no explanation as to why. That is completely his choice and he has every right to do that, I respect that and I've moved on. With that being said, there is really no need for a mod to come into my thread after it's already over and misrepresent my statement to try to imply that I didn't have valid justification for the IPs as a reason/guess for the hosts actions ("if more information was provided you may not have gotten the offer" sounds like pre-judgement without being involved in the order at all or knowing anything about me or my company...good job! To that end, more information was give and it supported my justification, not the other way around). But, as I said, that was not a justification statement, does not read like one, no one else has said anything about it, and no one ever questioned justification at all (until now, after the fact, by a mod that wasn't involved).

Also, before anyone else attempts to make any other false implications or assumptions about me...I have multiple forms of government issued IDs, passport, business registration, proof of address, valid whois, valid licenses for all software, etc, etc, etc; all of which I can and would have provided if asked (but I was never was asked for any of that and I voluntarily offered to provide whatever was needed).

Again, it was completely the providers choice to reject the order after making the offer, he has every right to do that and the situation is/was over. It is what it is and I'm not sure why I have a mod in here now continuing this.

This is about how I would have expected a request for help on LET to go. It is "low end" talk, after all, and you guys never disappoint!

@jbiloh said:

4d4m said: Btw, good to see that LET still works as an escalation point for poor ticket response times. I hope you get your problems resolved @TimboJones !

There are few better platforms for getting a host's attention than Low End Talk, that's for sure.

Completely agree, this shouldn't be happening. It's just disappointing that it's such a reoccurring theme with providers on LET.

Thanked by 1TimboJones