Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alien Take Over! VPS/Colo Options! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alien Take Over! VPS/Colo Options!

13»

Comments

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

SSD storage has been added if you want a VPS and need more storage OR already have a VPS with us and need more storage.
    Starting at only $1.25 for 50GB

https://my2.dataideas.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=21

Is Colocation not as popular as it once was?

• Colocation is like giving a person a large stack of 20's (like a 100 of them) and saying hang on to it, and return all of it when asked. It takes a whole lot of trust with the person you are handing it to. Then you ask them to perform a service. If the service is bad- you are asking them for the stack of 20's back when they are being told their service is poor. So, even more trust is required. Then you hand it to someone who may have only handled 5 or 10 stacks of 20's and the needed trust is elevated even higher. Or they can go rent a machine for 100/month with no contracts and not worry about their stack of 20's

@Unbelievable I get what you are saying by all means. And like some of the previous threads people still have an issue with my name/location.
    I'm not hiding by any means. You can easily find the DC. I have a document with the location/phone number to me. And quick search of the business will bring up my lawyer and address. Look at the trademark for Alien Data.

• @AlienData_Josh for me it wouldn't be your name/location, rather it's the newness of your LLC. No lawyer can fix that, its a time thing and getting first customers is very, very hard in any business. You can place the servers in a great DC, but the problem is - there is a risk level any time you give something of value to someone else for safekeeping, especially when the person giving the item away doesn't have physical access to the item. Hence time, time time and getting first customers for colo and building a reputation. None comes easy, and it is even harder as new microbusiness without a larger staff or large amount of tangible assets.

@Unbelievable I understand. If someone wants a tour of the facility. That can be arranged. Although at this exact moment that might be a tad hard being of the whole lockdown thing.

• Good afternoon friends.

I recommend the service I am using for a few days Josh support super attentive and really is what it promises.

Congratulations Josh for the care and service.

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh

@XANDAO said:

Good afternoon friends.

I recommend the service I am using for a few days Josh support super attentive and really is what it promises.

Congratulations Josh for the care and service.

Thank you for the compliment.
    Thank you everyone that has signed up and given me a chance!

• gregggregg Member

Couple of days in and all good.
    Installation straightforward.
    N3tfl1x friendly at my location :->

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Just a quick update here. Been using the VM for about a month now and really happy with it so far.

YABS below for anyone that's interested. Wouldn't call it a clean run though because this VM is doing actual work, not just idling or running benches :tongue: https://i.imgur.com/c4PE6FG.png

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-02-10                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun 10 May 2020 03:32:35 PM PDT

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2199.984 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 987Mi
    Swap       : 242Mi
    Disk       : 9.6G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 48.01 MB/s   (12.0k) | 512.40 MB/s   (8.0k)
    Write      | 48.05 MB/s   (12.0k) | 515.10 MB/s   (8.0k)
    Total      | 96.06 MB/s   (24.0k) | 1.02 GB/s    (16.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
      ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ----
    Read       | 606.55 MB/s   (1.1k) | 663.90 MB/s    (648)
    Write      | 638.78 MB/s   (1.2k) | 708.12 MB/s    (691)
    Total      | 1.24 GB/s     (2.4k) | 1.37 GB/s     (1.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                              |                           |                 |
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 835 Mbits/sec   | 854 Mbits/sec
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 854 Mbits/sec   | 858 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 802 Mbits/sec   | 864 Mbits/sec
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 766 Mbits/sec   | 852 Mbits/sec
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 618 Mbits/sec   | 414 Mbits/sec
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 813 Mbits/sec   | 682 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 868 Mbits/sec   | 901 Mbits/sec
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 876 Mbits/sec   | 885 Mbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 890 Mbits/sec   | busy

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                              |                           |                 |
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 643 Mbits/sec   | 822 Mbits/sec
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 580 Mbits/sec   | 728 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 520 Mbits/sec   | busy
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 697 Mbits/sec   | 824 Mbits/sec
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 863 Mbits/sec   | 872 Mbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 752 Mbits/sec   | 884 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 491
    Multi Core      | 405
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2110404
    Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • ernie88ernie88 Member

@AlienData_Josh what's your refund policy if exists? In case I feel your VPS won't suit my needs.

• jonathajonatha Member

No more in stock?

edited May 2020

@jonatha I got 2 more 256GB and 1 16GB available.