Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS in Germany (Hetzner reseller welcome)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS in Germany (Hetzner reseller welcome)

MultiMulti Member
edited April 2020 in Requests

Hello guys,

I am looking for a cheap VPS in Germany.

• 1 Core
  • 512 MB Ram
  • any HDD/SSD
  • 100 MBit/s or better with atleast 1 TB bandwith
  • Location either Düsseldorf or Frankfurt or any Hetzner reseller
  • good connection to Deutsche Telekom
  • Payment quarterly or monthly (for a great deal I would pay yearly)

I do not have a specific budget in mind but I will take the option with best price-performance ratio. I do consider any offer below 2,50 € per month.

Thanks!

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

@Multi said:

• Location either Düsseldorf or Frankfurt
    • good connection to Deutsche Telekom

That's gonna be a difficult one as direct peerings with DTAG are hard to get and expensive. Otherwise traffic going through Tier1 transits can be a hit or miss, depending on congestion levels and your definition of a "good connection".

Does it neccessarily has to be Düsseldorf or Frankfurt? If you do not have an aversion to Bavaria, considering a VPS reseller of Hetzner can be a good choice. Since some months Hetzner has a direct peering with DTAG significantly improving those connections.

You may have a look at First-Root (aff.link). They do offer decent quality out of Düsseldorf and overall I am happy with their DTAG connectivity. You can test with their Looking Glass. Their KVM Power Edition plans start from 1.98 EUR/month on a yearly contract and come with a 14 days money back guarantee.

Thanked by 1Multi
  • cazrzcazrz Member
    Thanked by 1Multi
  • MultiMulti Member

@dfroe said:

That's gonna be a difficult one as direct peerings with DTAG are hard to get and expensive. Otherwise traffic going through Tier1 transits can be a hit or miss, depending on congestion levels and your definition of a "good connection".

Does it neccessarily has to be Düsseldorf or Frankfurt? If you do not have an aversion to Bavaria, considering a VPS reseller of Hetzner can be a good choice. Since some months Hetzner has a direct peering with DTAG significantly improving those connections.

Ohh I did not now about that. I still remember the time when you had to pay like 5€ to get a peering with DTAG. Do you have any good providers in mind?

You may have a look at First-Root (aff.link). They do offer decent quality out of Düsseldorf and overall I am happy with their DTAG connectivity. You can test with their Looking Glass. Their KVM Power Edition plans start from 1.98 EUR/month on a yearly contract and come with a 14 days money back guarantee.

Thanks! I will take a look.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Multi said:
    Ohh I did not now about that. I still remember the time when you had to pay like 5€ to get a peering with DTAG. Do you have any good providers in mind?

Times are changing - at least sometimes. :)

I'll leave the field for posting Hetzner offers to others.
    Historically (due to the bad DTAG peering) I avoided them and thus cannot share any personal experience.

I myself have a VPS with First-Root for more than a year and it is working quite well, also with DTAG customers.

On the other hand UltraVPS is also worth mentioning, you cannot go wrong with them.
    Bradler&Krantz (the company behind UltraVPS) is well known and established.
    They also do have a direct peering with DTAG which can be an advantage for you.

• Strato V3 server is 1€/month: https://strato.de/server/linux-vserver/mini-vserver/
    They used to be a part of Deutsche Telekom from 2009-2017.

Hardware specs: 1 vCore, 512 MB RAM, 10 GB SSD, "up to 100MBit/s connection", no traffic limit, 12 months minimum

I don't have a server with them so I can't tell you more. Strato is based in Berlin - no idea where their servers are located.

Thanked by 1Multi
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

NexusBytes has services in Hetzner's Falkenstein DC.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @thedp said:
    NexusBytes has services in Hetzner's Falkenstein DC.

<3 Thank you for the mention brother!

@Multi Our VPS-0.5 G might lack the data amount you are looking for and with an annual commitment comes to ~$1.83 euro per month. VPS-1G on the other hand is slightly over your budget but with annual payment, comes to ~2.93 euro per month :) Join the family boss! https://nexusbytes.com/kvm-vps-hosting.html

Thanked by 1Multi
  • UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider

Hi @Multi,

we can offer the following in Duesseldorf:

UltraKVM-15

• 512 MB RAM
    • 1 CPU Core
    • 15 GB RAID-10 Storage
    • 1 TB Monthly Transfer
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • 10 IPv6 addresses (from your own /64 IPv6 subnet)
    • Contract term: 6 months

2 EUR per month incl. 19% VAT (1.68 EUR/1.80 USD excl. VAT)

[ORDER]

Multi said: good connection to Deutsche Telekom

Deutsche Telekom is one of our upstreams.

Looking glass

Thanked by 1Multi
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Might be outside of your budget, but we got almost direct connectivity to DTAG through Core-Backbone and RETN.

Our SE-2 could be a match: https://www.fastpipe.io/ssdcloudserver

• @Multi
    I have missed this, Still I will leave offer if in-case you are still looking..

Mini KVM

10 GB SSD Storage
    1 Core @ 3.50GHz
    512 MB Memory
    1 Dedicated IPv4
    1 TB Data Transfer @ 200 Mbps
    $2.50 per month | Order Now

Network Info:
    Falkenstein – Hetzner DC

Test IPv4: 148.251.162.230
    Looking Glass: http://de.lg.svenhost.com

Thanked by 1Multi