Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need SSL Wildcard Certificate - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need SSL Wildcard Certificate

13»

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    > @angstrom said:
    > In the context of the debate, I do view the statement that I cited as a concession, because I don't think that you've said this so unambiguously before. (But perhaps you have said this before and I missed it.)

Frankly, it seems to me that the two of us indeed have rather different interpretations of what has been said.

Look, would I use LE and *say so openly*, if I hated it or was waging a holy war against it? Hardly.
    Maybe I can help to deescalate by making my basic statement in a different way:
    I'm neither against LE nor against commercial CAs. I see value in both. But I'm against the extreme positions like e.g. "Only LE is a reasonable CA. Anyone who uses a commercial CA is stupid" or like "commercial CAs have/provide NO value at all".
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 2020
    > @jsg said:
    > > @angstrom said:
    > > In the context of the debate, I do view the statement that I cited as a concession, because I don't think that you've said this so unambiguously before. (But perhaps you have said this before and I missed it.)
    >
    > Frankly, it seems to me that the two of us indeed have rather different interpretations of what has been said.
    >
    > Look, would I use LE and *say so openly*, if I hated it or was waging a holy war against it? Hardly.
    > Maybe I can help to deescalate by making my basic statement in a different way:
    > I'm neither against LE nor against commercial CAs. I see value in both. But I'm against the extreme positions like e.g. "Only LE is a reasonable CA. Anyone who uses a commercial CA is stupid" or like "commercial CAs have/provide NO value at all".

Okay, thanks, this statement is helpful. I'm not sure that you've formulated it in this way before, so I find it helpful that you have now

(I'll leave it at this)

(Vanilla's quoting mechanism isn't working at the moment)
  • Bluehostweb.com is offering SSL certificate for $19/year
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    > @bhwhosting said:
    > *[self advertising]*

bhw hosting might want to at least mention what kind of cert they offer for $19/year to avoid appearing clueless in their advertising..