Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Shared Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Shared Hosting

I want to start a new project and i need a good and cheap shared hosting, i started using Hostgator, tmdhosting, bluehost. but those hosting is crap, now im using Amazon Lightsail for my main site but i need a very good shared hosting for my clients mostly it will be for blogs, portfolio websites.

Sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• BuyShared for sure! Fran rocks!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Location?

• @elliotc said:
    Location?

Im located in the Caribbean that means US EAST server it would be perfect

• @jahrinc said:
    BuyShared for sure! Fran rocks!

Thanks! It looks interesting, I will put it on the list of options, although I expect more opinions from other users.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

How much resources do you need? Maybe we can help?

• @grandjulio said:
    Amazon Lightsail for my main site

Lightsail is ok for some simple sites but if you want to use the entire cpu/io to the max, you won't be able to. They put some limit on it. You can try to test it and you will see.

• @jonesolutions said:

@grandjulio said:
    Amazon Lightsail for my main site

Lightsail is ok for some simple sites but if you want to use the entire cpu/io to the max, you won't be able to. They put some limit on it. You can try to test it and you will see.

What do you suggest for alternative of lightsail ?

• jonesolutionsjonesolutions Member
    edited April 2020

@webclouddev said:

Since Lightsail is not the same with EC2, it is best to go for Linode. We tested this and it is better compared to Lightsail.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

We are the best sir.

• @jonesolutions said:

@webclouddev said:

Since Lightsail is not a cloud, it is best to go for Linode. We tested this and it is better compared to Lightsail.

Perfect, but I really want to host multiple customer sites; Wordpress-based portfolios and blogs for about 20 clients.

• You can try buyshared, hawk host

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • webclouddevwebclouddev Member
    edited April 2020

@jonesolutions said:

@webclouddev said:

Since Lightsail is not a cloud, it is best to go for Linode. We tested this and it is better compared to Lightsail.

from which result you came onto this conclusion that lightsail is not a cloud ? i thought lightsail was a aws's VPS

edit : btw glad to see you here

• jonesolutionsjonesolutions Member
    edited April 2020

@webclouddev said:

from which result you came onto this conclusion that lightsail is not a cloud ? i thought lightsail was a aws's VPS

I should have more clear on it. Lightsail is more of a basic cloud to be able to compete with Linode and others and so this is why they put some limit on it. It is not the same as EC2. Maybe this will give you more details about it: https://www.karoly.io/amazon-lightsail-review-2018/

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 2020

Lightsail is a VPS product that Amazon offer to compete in the lower-priced VPS market. Apparently, Lightsail VPSes are EC2 instances, more specifically, T2 instances

(See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40927189/what-is-difference-between-lightsail-and-ec2 )

This said, yes, Lightsail is CPU-limited in a way that a veritable EC2 server is not. But Lightsail is also a much less expensive product