Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking cheap vps for vpn (EU)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking cheap vps for vpn (EU)

cocopichcocopich Member
edited April 2020 in Requests

hello community!
I'm looking for a cheap vps server for home vpn. 1-2$/m
KVM
location - Europe.
minimal configuration needed:
256-512ram
disk size is not important
need 1 ip v4
channel width from 200mb unlimited or 1tb -1gbs
thanks

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Maybe @seriesn can welcome you into his family :)

• 200Mbps unmetered? You sure you need 66TB of traffic?

• @t0ny0 said:
    200Mbps unmetered? You sure you need 66TB of traffic?

these are the standard configurations for providers, 1-2 terabytes are enough

• @cocopich said:
    hello community!
    KVM
    location - Europe.
    256-512ram
    need 1 ip v4
    thanks

@Jord than you for the mention :)

@cocopich Budget might be little tight. But otherwise our vps-0.5g should fit right in or even the 1G :)

• @seriesn said:

@cocopich said:
    hello community!
    KVM
    location - Europe.
    256-512ram
    need 1 ip v4
    thanks

@Jord than you for the mention :)

@cocopich Budget might be little tight. But otherwise our vps-0.5g should fit right in or even the 1G :)

I'm not afraid to exceed the budget, the main thing is a stable channel;)

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@cocopich said:
    hello community!
    KVM
    location - Europe.
    256-512ram
    need 1 ip v4
    thanks

Congrats on your first post

Good luck with your budget, which may be difficult with that BW requirement

• @angstrom said:

@cocopich said:
    hello community!
    KVM
    location - Europe.
    256-512ram
    need 1 ip v4
    thanks

Congrats on your first post

Good luck with your budget, which may be difficult with that BW requirement

Thanks!
    I have in my bookmarks several hosting providers that satisfy the configuration and budget, but they have a server in Finland, the ping is slightly higher. I hope the community helps to find the perfect balance)

• hostsolutions.ro has an NVMe line which covers your needs for 15 euros/year Link. That's the only host I know of that can cover your needs at such a cost.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@PineappleBox said:
    hostsolutions.ro has an NVMe line which covers your needs for 15 euros/year Link. That's the only host I know of that can cover your needs at such a cost.

OP is well advised to do some serious research before ordering

Thanked by 1dfroe
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

cocopich said: the main thing is a stable channel

PineappleBox said: hostsolutions.ro

I'm not sure what to say about that..

Let's give it another try.
    How about vserver.site (aff.link)?

They are one of the smaller providers over here, servers located in Germany with good connectivity, qualified people offering great and instant support. I love my BGP-capable IX VM I have with them. :)

Their smallest VPS comes with 1 vCPU, 1 GB RAM, 5 GB SSD, 1 TB traffic at gigabit, /32 IPv4 and /64 IPv6. At only 1.50 € per month (monthly contract).

Another reliable option for multiple years has been first-root (aff.link).

Their smallest VPS comes with 1 vCPU, 0.5 GB RAM, 10 GB SSD, 2 TB traffic at gigabit, /32 IPv4 and /64 IPv6 as well. At 1.98 € per month (yearly contract).

I am using both of them for network-focused purposes (tunneling, monitoring) and I can absolutely recommend them as a happy customer. :)

In your case I'd give vserver.site a try. With a monthly contract there's not much that can go wrong - in case you shouldn't be satisfied.

• dfroe said: I'm not sure what to say about that..

Never used them before and did not do my research... On a further note, you might want to stay clear of them

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

why not to use Windscribe VPN? as it cost $1 per month per location and come with unlimited data usage.

PineappleBox said: Never used them before and did not do my research.

They used to be good for certain use cases, 1-2 years back their network was good. I really honor the work of those guys and what they gave back to the LET community.

If they can fix their network and constant packet loss issues some day and bring back the former quality, most of their offers are really hard to beat.

Until that happy day, there are definitely better options. And especially for demands focused on network connectivity, a VPS located in/near Frankfurt will most likely always perform better than one in Romania.

• @dfroe said:

cocopich said: the main thing is a stable channel

PineappleBox said: hostsolutions.ro

I'm not sure what to say about that..

Let's give it another try.
    How about vserver.site (aff.link)?

They are one of the smaller providers over here, servers located in Germany with good connectivity, qualified people offering great and instant support. I love my BGP-capable IX VM I have with them. :)

Their smallest VPS comes with 1 vCPU, 1 GB RAM, 5 GB SSD, 1 TB traffic at gigabit, /32 IPv4 and /64 IPv6. At only 1.50 € per month (monthly contract).

Another reliable option for multiple years has been first-root (aff.link).

Their smallest VPS comes with 1 vCPU, 0.5 GB RAM, 10 GB SSD, 2 TB traffic at gigabit, /32 IPv4 and /64 IPv6 as well. At 1.98 € per month (yearly contract).

I am using both of them for network-focused purposes (tunneling, monitoring) and I can absolutely recommend them as a happy customer. :)

In your case I'd give vserver.site a try. With a monthly contract there's not much that can go wrong - in case you shouldn't be satisfied.

I tried this provider, it has a really nice price, but I ran into a problem, in the evenings the channel width was 4 times lower, and this continued every day for a month. every day, after I returned home I could not use the Internet, I had to turn off VPN.

• @WebProject said:
    why not to use Windscribe VPN? as it cost $1 per month per location and come with unlimited data usage.

I use vpn more because of the static ip address, since the provider is much more expensive and it is cheaper and more pleasant to contain vps. I have windscribe, I consider them the best provider, but it’s more reliable to keep mine

edited April 2020

cocopich said: I tried this provider

You are referring to vserver.site, did you also try First-Root? First-Root probably has a slightly better bandwidth mix with a more expensive variety of upstreams. You can also use First-Root Looking Glass to check your network connectivity and throughput. The "KVM Power Edition Mini" is their cheapest plan from 1.98 EUR per month on a yearly contract including a 14 days money back guarantee.

• @dfroe said:

cocopich said: I tried this provider

You are referring to vserver.site, did you also try First-Root? First-Root probably has a slightly better bandwidth mix with a more expensive variety of upstreams. You can also use First-Root Looking Glass to check your network connectivity and throughput. The "KVM Power Edition Mini" is their cheapest plan from 1.98 EUR per month on a yearly contract including a 14 days money back guarantee.

I talked about vserver, I'll look at the second one, thanks

If you can raise your budget, there is also Scaleway starting at 2.99 EUR/month and Lite-Server from 3.75 EUR/month (with 25% coupon, down to 3.41 EUR/month on a yearly contract).

Lite-Server does have a very good and stable network and includes 6 TB of traffic.
    And it is still a very competitive price.
    You can also test with Lite-Server Looking Glass.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

1-2$/m with unlimited Bandwidth.. hmmmm.. interesting.. :no_mouth:

Waiting to see deadpool 3 in LET theater

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

I've this offer still running in France, Europe, If you ok with the less resources:

• KVM-256 Plan
    • 256 MB RAM
    • 256 MB vSwap (Linux only)
    • 15 GB Storage
    • 1 TB Bandwidth (100Mbps to 1Gbps Uplink)
    • 1 x IPv4 Address
    • 1 x vCPU Core
    • Multiple Linux Distros
    • Complete Root Access
    • PTR/rDNS Supported
    • KVM + SolusVM Access
      - $12.99/Year
    Thanked by 1ernie88
  • UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider

Hi @cocopich,

we can offer the following:

UltraKVM-15

• 512 MB RAM
    • 1 CPU Core
    • 15 GB RAID-10 Storage
    • 1 TB Monthly Transfer
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • 10 IPv6 addresses (from your own /64 IPv6 subnet)
    • Contract term: 6 months
    • Available in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Chișinău (Moldova), Düsseldorf (Germany), Dallas (USA), London (UK), Los Angeles (USA), Siauliai (Lithuania)

2 EUR per month incl. 19% VAT (1.68 EUR/1.80 USD excl. VAT)

[ORDER]

Looking glasses

Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to drop us a mail at [email protected].

• @hostnamaste said:
    I've this offer still running in France, Europe, If you ok with the less resources:

• KVM-256 Plan
    • 256 MB RAM
    • 256 MB vSwap (Linux only)
    • 15 GB Storage
    • 1 TB Bandwidth (100Mbps to 1Gbps Uplink)
    • 1 x IPv4 Address
    • 1 x vCPU Core
    • Multiple Linux Distros
    • Complete Root Access
    • PTR/rDNS Supported
    • KVM + SolusVM Access
      - $12.99/Year

Thanks ! but I'm interested in the monthly payment.

• @UltraVPS said:
    Hi @cocopich,

we can offer the following:

UltraKVM-15

• 512 MB RAM
    • 1 CPU Core
    • 15 GB RAID-10 Storage
    • 1 TB Monthly Transfer
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • 10 IPv6 addresses (from your own /64 IPv6 subnet)
    • Contract term: 6 months
    • Available in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Chișinău (Moldova), Düsseldorf (Germany), Dallas (USA), London (UK), Los Angeles (USA), Siauliai (Lithuania)

2 EUR per month incl. 19% VAT (1.68 EUR/1.80 USD excl. VAT)

[ORDER]

Looking glasses

Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to drop us a mail at [email protected].

Thanks ! but I'm interested in the monthly payment.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

cocopich said: Thanks ! but I'm interested in the monthly payment.

Sorry, this offer is with the yearly billing only. Best of luck with your search.