Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I7 8700 Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I7 8700 Dedicated Server

Someone here recommended me a host which offers for 46€ the following setup:
i7 8700
64g ram
2x512gb nvme

but sadly they run out of stock and now im searching for something similar, the ryzen 3600x is no alternative since i need the IGPU of the i7. I also dont need 2 nvmes, a single nvme / sata ssd would be also enough for me. Other specs like traffic etc dont matter.

Maybe somone here knows another deal like that :)

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Good luck with your Budget, even Hetzner costs more, the end is already here.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

We have some servers in our Server Auction with AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, but even those are over your price. --Katie

• @Cesslor said:
    i7 8700
    64g ram
    2x512gb nvme

Who is that host? That is a killer price for such specs.

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited April 2020

@jonesolutions said:

@Cesslor said:
    i7 8700
    64g ram
    2x512gb nvme

Hetzner.
    The one and only.
    The one I gave my heart to.

• @graphic said:

@jonesolutions said:

@Cesslor said:
    i7 8700
    64g ram
    2x512gb nvme

Hetzner.
    The one and only.
    The one I gave my heart to.

Wrong. Hetzner's i7-8700, 64gb, 2x512gb NVMe, 1gbps is € 59.00 + € 59.00 Setup Fee.

They were talking about skynode.eu which they offer the same specs for € 46 no setup fee.

• They are sold out now, i never said im not going to pay more, it should be just in the same range. The servers on hetzner are +19% since i live in germany + the setup fee.

• @Cesslor I just ordered an i7-8700 from skynode.eu. Not sold out. Well, they said it was the last server and will take awhile due to the corona virus lock down worldwide.

• @kennsann said:
    @Cesslor I just ordered an i7-8700 from skynode.eu. Not sold out. Well, they said it was the last server and will take awhile due to the corona virus lock down worldwide.

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

• @isunbejo said:

@kennsann said:
    @Cesslor I just ordered an i7-8700 from skynode.eu. Not sold out. Well, they said it was the last server and will take awhile due to the corona virus lock down worldwide.

Typed on my browser and worked. I don't know what else to tell you.

• @kennsann said:

@isunbejo said:

@kennsann said:

Typed on my browser and worked. I don't know what else to tell you.

Yes, a few hours ago, before it couldn't and cannot check A resolve dns with a dig command, it looks like ns server is down. Now is online.

• @kennsann How's your experience with them?

• kennsannkennsann Member
    edited April 2020

@wa44io4 said:
    @kennsann How's your experience with them?

Network so far is stable. I should have installed a smokeping but forgot and trial is ending tomorrow so probably no point now. Network isnt better than my hetzner tho.

You can refer to the above benchmarks if you like.

Their live support is pretty helpful and quick to reply. I didnt need to do open tickets or anything.

Standard order process. Order, invoice, pay, get server. I got my test server right on the spot while I was talking to the live chat. Took like 2 mins to get it provisioned.

Their panel tho, only allows the standard star, stop, restart and reinstall. I dont see any monitors, metrics, and all the other bells and whistles you see with providers who has enduser panels. Not sure if it will be available for the non-trial version.

Edit: realized this wasnt my post with a bench. Here it is, https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/163766/skynode-review#latest