Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers, list your company here.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers, list your company here.

Hello everyone,

During the last few days, I've been working on the development of the WHAdvice.com platform.

Current functions:

• Reviews + Badge for providers
  • Toplists per category
  • Search tab
  • Coupons

We have arrived at a stage where providers can start to list their own companies so, have fun!

https://whadvice.com/register

After the registration process, you will be approved from a staff member, and then you will receive an email, that will invite you to complete the registration, then you will need to Log In and upload the company logo, the favicon and a small description.

After that you can decide to load the products or not.

• Products will enable companies to be included in the different toplists other than the "best reviewed".

We will keep working to improve the SEO and the functions.
If you have any idea, we'd be happy to consider them.

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hello TerensM,
    Congratulations on starting WHAdvice.com - wishing you and the team success with the venture.

I'm sure you have this on your roadmap but if you do not, definitely implement a blog with "best shared hosting", "best VPS" and so on to help drive traffic to your site.

Best of luck!

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Great idea! Kindof like Metadedi. Let's see how it goes :)

Thanked by 1TerensM
  • I see this:

• @jikjik said:
    I see this:

Not sure what's your point, but if you refer to the missing favicons, is because the providers need to upload that manually, I will try to pull that from the respective websites automatically.

• @TerensM said:

@jikjik said:
    I see this:

Not sure what's your point, but if you refer to the missing favicons, is because the providers need to upload that manually, I will try to pull that from the respective websites automatically.

LET has automatically assigned, randomized user icons such as my own. Perhaps do something similar to that feature.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@TerensM How come some links don't work? E.g. the one for KhanWebHost (the top item on the first page) doesn't work.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

PineappleBox said: LET has automatically assigned, randomized user icons such as my own. Perhaps do something similar to that feature.

In my personal opinion randomized default avatars like on LET are fine for discussion plattforms - but do not look very serious on a business site. I think it is quite uncommon to see randomized company logos. :) However I strongly agree that some static default placeholder icon would be much better than a 404. ;)

• PineappleBox said: LET has automatically assigned, randomized user icons such as my own

Now the favicons are automatically pulled from the company url.

lentro said: How come some links don't work?

fixed