Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prove a VPS Resoures (Cpu, Ram, Disk etc...)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prove a VPS Resoures (Cpu, Ram, Disk etc...)

SkuraSkura Member

Hello
I have centos 6 , I want to prove my VPS provider that the Ram, CPU cores and disk space are different from what I need to get

Which command to use?

thank you!

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Just to confirm: You bought an unmanaged VPS from a provider you don't trust and you neither know how to monitor CPU, RAM, Disk nor how to research that?

Hm.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I think OP just wants to fight his host.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2020

@Skura said:
    Hello
    I have centos 6 , I want to prove my VPS provider that the Ram, CPU cores and disk space are different from what I need to get

Which command to use?

thank you!

Hold up boss!

• You got an unmanaged VPS.
      Ok No biggies. Almost all of us do.

• You don't know how to check how much RAM/CPU/Disk? Or monitor basic resource?
      Not sure if you are within the cancellation period. But this will be a painful journey for you and your provider.

• Why?
      Not everyone knows everything and we all learn and start learning somewhere. But to learn, you start by searching and not expect to be spoonfed.

Now the answer to your question?

Click this link.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2020

@deank said: I think OP just wants to fight his host.

Your thoughts are always so deadly pessimistic.. ;)

@seriesn said: Now the answer to your question?

Until hovering your link I thought you'd recommend him one of your fully managed servers. :)

Thanked by 2seriesn Mme
  • dfroe said: Until hovering your link I though you'd recommend him one of your fully managed servers.

I will pass. You can have him/her/it :tongue:

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited March 2020

Fab. - best the responses of the month. :smiley:

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited April 2020

df -h will tell you how much disk space you have, free -m for RAM and cat /proc/cpu_info for the processor. note processors can automatically clock themselves lower while idle.

Thanked by 2Skura Mme