Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Asia Dedi extreme high-risk hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Asia Dedi extreme high-risk hosting

Hi all,

I'm currently hosting an OVH dedicated game server in Singapore, extreme high-risk hosting. It's being attacked 24/7 with random heavy DDoS attacks. The attacker is very persistent, he works around the clock to get it down and tries every method possible. He's been going on for 7-8 years now.

Problem is, he keeps finding methods to bypass OVH firewall and is successful at times.

I wonder if some provider based in Asia can help me out with this. I'm willing to spend up to $200 / month for a solution that works. I know that's still cheap and this is probably a long shot but you never know.

Thanks.

Comments

• Have you tried Cloudflare? Cloudflare + Argo Tunnel and disabling all connections to the server might help.

You could also try X4B.net @SplitIce

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited March 2020

@sanvit said:
    Have you tried Cloudflare? Cloudflare + Argo Tunnel and disabling all connections to the server might help.

You could also try X4B.net @SplitIce

It's a UDP game service, Cloudflare is http only, unless you take Enterprise account which is very expensive.

X4B doesn't look very promising. Seems like they're using OVH.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2020

@marvel err. We are not using OVH. We run our own Anycast network, we don't even have services with OVH so that is quite the curious statement.

If "extreme high-risk hosting" means DDoS issues and not HYIP or similar you can use us. If you are refering to HYIP (ala illegal ventures in most countries) you are not welcome.

We operate services in Asia in both Singapore in Tokyo as part of our Premium line. Well under $200 for most configurations.

EDIT: I see later talk of "game service" so maybe I got the wrong idea. Complex DDoS attacks are welcome, "high risk" illegal services are not.

• @SplitIce yeah with high risk I mean it's under constant DDoS. It's legal hosting, just a Source game server. I don't know myself why it's such a high profile target.

Yeah sorry for saying you are using OVH but when I see a France location I instantly go oh yeah this is probably OVH.

But you have no servers right? It's just a proxy shield?

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited March 2020

@SplitIce I've made a test account. Looks good, so how do I protect my source server. Would I use GRE tunnel or RP?

@marvel The main differences between Reverse Proxy and Encapsulation (GRE/IP-in-IP) are:
    1. Client IP information being transparently communicated through to backend
    2. Ability to send packets from your backend

It's for reason #2 that the guide for HLDS/SRCDS provides instructions for a tunnel based setup. This is necessary in order to register your dedicated server and show in the main server listing.

Also by the way we don't operate in France. I'm guessing you mean Netherlands.

• @SplitIce said:
    @marvel err. We are not using OVH. We run our own Anycast network, we don't even have services with OVH so that is quite the curious statement.

If "extreme high-risk hosting" means DDoS issues and not HYIP or similar you can use us. If you are refering to HYIP (ala illegal ventures in most countries) you are not welcome.

We operate services in Asia in both Singapore in Tokyo as part of our Premium line. Well under $200 for most configurations.

EDIT: I see later talk of "game service" so maybe I got the wrong idea. Complex DDoS attacks are welcome, "high risk" illegal services are not.

Hi
    Do you support announce and using your own subnet through BGP?
    In addition, is there any plan to support IPv6?

BetaRacks said: Do you support announce and using your own subnet through BGP?

Yes, each plan is bespoke however. We aren't doing it for the price of a /32 though. Please open a sales ticket for more information.

BetaRacks said: In addition, is there any plan to support IPv6?

Not at this time. Although we continue to ensure our modules all support IPv6 at this time there are upstream limitations (e.g inability to push IPv6 ACLs) that make it very difficult to offer. Further the demand for IPv6 mitigation is much lower due to there being very few attacks.