Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH UK

jokymicjokymic Member

Hi i just got one server and its showing france in location b/w its in uk ripe is showing uk but other ip location check is showing its france even google too is there any solution support is asking we are resposible till ripe

Comments

• @Jord sorry can u please move it to help category

• pikepike Veteran

The anwer is yes.

• @pike said:
    The anwer is yes.

is there any solution?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

OVH has probably listed all their IPs with location France in RIPE DB / WHOIS and even those address with country-specific records in WHOIS will most likely still considered as being French by most GeoIP DBs, simply because they are part of OVH.

Nevertheless this won't limit IP connectivity. And IP routing (usually) does not use any geo-ip DBs either, i.e. your traffic will take the "best" path.

Just in case your intention was to circumvent any geo blockings, my personal answer is: No.

• I've found that it can affect the mirror that's used for updates (when more geographically extreme) and perhaps cause issues if you happen to use country blocking.

• pikepike Veteran

@jokymic said:

@pike said:
    The anwer is yes.

is there any solution?

Contact the company that maintains the GeoIP DB, tell them to check your IP range again and update the location according to RIPE data.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

have you checked the up to date database like ripe.net?

• @WebProject said:
    have you checked the up to date database like ripe.net?

yes i checked its updated there but not in few databases i dont know what is the issue its showing france while searching on google its showing france while checking pin location on gmap while checking on ripe and iplocation its showing UK

• How is RBX location by OVH?
    I am going to have a reseler account in RBX OVh.

• You need UK location IP.