Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calculating Avg. Response Time After Escalation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Calculating Avg. Response Time After Escalation

Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep
edited March 2020 in Help

Avg. Ticket Response Time per department is a metric that like many others we too monitor continuously and it's fairly straight forward to measure this. However, our helpdesk has three different departments, Technical Support (let's say LI), LII Support and LIII Support for three different teams. New tickets by default are always opened in the LI queue, these tickets can then be moved to the two other queues either through an automated escalation rule or manually by a staff member from the LI team.

Now, we measure the average response time for the last 50 tickets. For the LI queue, this is accurate. However, for our LII and LIII teams, this is metric is not accurate since it takes into account the time a ticket has spent in the previous (LI) queue before it came into LII and hence the response time per department for LII and LIII is not an accurate KPI to be measured here.

I am having a tough time figuring this out, I am relying on SQL queries and some simple maths to do this and it works for the first queue. Can anyone point me in the right direction or share some ideas on how to do this accurately for the LII and LIII queue taking into account the escalation?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

P.S. WHMCS is the helpdesk in question.

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

It should be nothing else than just additional conditions and/or math on the basis of the history of the ticket. If you do not have history / log for the ticket, then it gets tough as that information is not available. If information is not available no amount of SQL query magic can fix that.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Thanks @PulsedMedia so far I’ve been limited to the tblticket and tblticketreplies tables only in WHMCS, you correctly pointed me towards the ticket history table to consider.