Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A humble request - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A humble request

13»

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

bugrakoc said: Please no. Nobody has a different genuine offer every week. It will just be regurgitated bullshit. Let them buy ad space.

I tend to agree with you. Much of what I've done the last 60 days is to improve the user experience. I am cautious to do anything that moves us away from that goal.

jh said: I'll disable just because the ads aren't annoying. The Patreon idea is a waste of time - most members are tight and bringing in a premium membership will just annoy people.

Many thanks!

Francisco said: I think a compromise is that this site enrolls in BAT. People that use the Brave browser can then chip in to the site since they're not viewing ads.

I've given $200+ to random websites via it already.

I'll look into this, I've never heard of this before. Would you donate? :)

sdglhm said: Disabled. Hope things get better and better in the future.

That helps, many thanks.

laoban said: I don't install adbloker. I simply don't visit annoying sites.

I wish this forum and all members get better and successful.

I appreciate that, thank you.

Shot2 said: @jbiloh tell us what subdomain(s) you use for delivering your ads, we might consider adding a passthru rule to our dns rpz policies.

All ads are served using BuySellAds. I believe they are served from: "https://s3.buysellads.com/ac/bsa.js"

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2020

jbiloh said: I'll look into this, I've never heard of this before. Would you donate?

My recommendation of BAT is the closest you're getting to help/support from me.

You'll have packed up and sold this site well before I'll load up ads or donate cash.

I'm here to peddle my wares and post terrible colocrossing memes. All meaningful conversations I have happen on LES or similar.

Francisco

• Just disabled uBlock + uMatrix and wondering why there's no ads restored, I forgot that there's Pi-hole on my network. I am sorry :cry:

Francisco said: My recommendation of BAT is the closest you're getting to help/support from me.

You'll have packed up and sold this site well before I'll load up ads or donate cash.

I'm here to peddle my wares and post terrible colocrossing memes. All meaningful conversations I have happen on LES or similar.

Well good to have you around then. Thanks for being part of the conversation. :)

Coffee said: Just disabled uBlock + uMatrix and wondering why there's no ads restored, I forgot that there's Pi-hole on my network.

Thanks for the efforts!

• @ExonHost said:

Is this offer still applicable? :expressionless:

I got this email last January.

Question for @jbiloh. How does this tie in to the timeline of you acquiring LEB and LET? This email was sent out on January 23rd 2020, with a promise of "being featured on LEB".

Either this offer was sent AFTER you acquired LEB, which would mean someone else still has/had power over what was posted on the site, or CC was advertising something they had no way of properly delivering.

The other option is, is that this was sent BEFORE you acquired LEB. This would mean that anyone taking the offer would NOT be delivered "being featured on LEB" for very long, hence either having your current employer (CC) forcing its way onto the site yet again, or failing to deliver to its clients.

Since whichever timeline is true, CC would have known of its own intentions at the time of this email being sent (you don't sell LEB over the span of a week), the entire situation does not look very good.

So I'll ask again what has been asked before: How are you going to ensure that LEB remains unbiased, especially with this news coming to light?

Thanked by 2james50a ExonHost

teamacc said: So I'll ask again what has been asked before: How are you going to ensure that LEB remains unbiased, especially with this news coming to light?

The track record over the last 60ish days seems pretty good right? We are going to continue working hard to make LEB and LET better and better.

To be clear (I just addressed this yesterday, but I'll do it again now, for the sake of further clarity):

1. If you are legitimate hosting company who has an offer that aligns with our guidelines, and pass the increased scrutiny we've been working towards recently, you will be featured on Low End Box. The record over the past 60ish days clearly demonstrates this commitment.

2. No company, regardless of who they are hosting with, gets any benefit over anyone else.

3. No company, regardless of who they are hosting with, gets pushed to the front of the line.

I've been asking quite a bit for more submissions for LEB so I hope they keep flowing in. I appreciate the help of anyone who helps gather more offers, and no one should be promising a listing (as the earlier mentioned guidelines and scrutiny applies to all). As of today we are scheduling offers in May, after having cleared the entire back log. I personally addressed every single recent submission to the LEB heldesk to make sure nothing was overlooked and no one was passed over.

Practically speaking, and to address your question about timing, I took over around the 25th of January. A private announcement was made to the moderators on January 29th. In early February things picked up steam, as you no doubt realize from all the progress that has been made.

• Boom - done - adblocker disabled on both domains. Also, let me know if you need any help. Keep up the good work!

@Virtual said:
    Boom - done - adblocker disabled on both domains. Also, let me know if you need any help. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I really appreciate that.

Just wanted to quickly mention that I've seen a decrease of people using AdBlockers, so a big thanks for everyone who is helping to support our community.

Many thanks!

• This kind of request work better after building trust, you just bought the stuff

@sirluis said:
    This kind of request work better after building trust, you just bought the stuff

We're making progress every day improving things around here. Thanks for being part of our community.

• Never had an ad blocker on any site. People got to earn.

@gwnd1989 said:
    Never had an ad blocker on any site. People got to earn.

Thanks for your support. I appreciate it.