Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH terrible support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH terrible support

So I have a lot of servers with OVH, I pay around 1200 / month to them. All my domains are there as well.

I canceled one Dedi and removed it from auto extension, but OVH extended it anyway and charged me € 85 on my credit card, for 2 months. Like I said I have a lot of services with them so I didn't notice this, I usually don't check the bill for all the details and normally if you stop the auto extend it will just cancel at the end of the billing period.

So I opened a ticket and asked for a refund. They refunded only the current month. They don't want to refund the other month and tell me it's my fault because I didn't open a ticket then.

Lol what a horseshit and what a terrible provider this is. I had a dedi running idle for one month without knowing it, because their system didn't auto cancel it. And yes after opening the ticket it got canceled and deleted right away! They even admitted it was their error!

Terrible, terrible provider. I mean I already know it was bad but this... ugh. It also takes 5 days for every reply from support lol.

So the reason for this topic, I just want to get my 85 worth of bad publicity to them and rant a bit here. I will be gone there asap when my contracts run out but they probably don't care anyway. I mean it's a French company so, they will even like it when they lose my business, it means less work to do.

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• nigh?

• @uptime said:
    nigh?

End

Thanked by 1uptime
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

5 days for them to reply? That's quite fast, considering OVH Support's standard.

Thanked by 1Electr0man
  • LeviLevi Member

If it was 5 weeks than i should be woried. Now... Who gives a corona. Just pay them for premium support.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

Simply call them and save your time :) however the server was idle for a month so as per my expectations no one will refund the invoice which was on idle

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2020

@marvel said:
    So I have a lot of servers with OVH, I pay around 1200 / month to them. All my domains are there as well.

@marvel said:
    Lol what a horseshit and what a terrible provider this is. I had a dedi running idle for one month without knowing it, because their system didn't auto cancel it. And yes after opening the ticket it got canceled and deleted right away! They even admitted it was their error!

@marvel said:
    Terrible, terrible provider. I mean I already know it was bad but this... ugh. It also takes 5 days for every reply from support lol.

I've had a lot of issues with them but servers not cancelling thankfully hasn't been one of them so far.

Anyway, think about that $1200/m you pay them. Think about what you'd get spending it with a real company that employs humanoid beings. Ah yes, the thought of prompt replies and a human response is so pleasing to the mind. Don't worry, you will experience it soon enough.

Edit: for the lols - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/260918481665392650/689530121354608766/2020-03-17_124541.png

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

2020 and still people thinks OVH support will be better

• Since when has OVH offered support?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2020

I manually pay 1000-3000 euros in OVH per day. I hate automatic payments and try to turn it off everywhere.

Thanked by 2Oseri MikePT
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Why do people expect support from OVH?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • cazrzcazrz Member
    edited March 2020

Here's a newsletter we received today.

"....As part of our continued development in the Asia Pacific, our new regional support center is here to offer QUALITY SUPPORT for you as our valued customers."

Standard - Initial response time to emails: 8 hours
    Premium ($56/mo) - Initial response time to emails: 2 hours
    Business ($280/mo) - Initial response time to emails: 30 minutes

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2020

.#hetzner

Thanked by 2MikeA Hetzner_OL
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:

Some people think that they do provide support but in reality they do provide fully unmanaged service.

@WebProject said:

@deank said:

Some people think that they do provide support but in reality they do provide fully unmanaged service.

From my experience, I require support because their automation is often broken and renders paid services unusable until human intervention. Not everyone requires software help.

MikeA said: From my experience, I require support because their automation is often broken and renders paid services unusable until human intervention. Not everyone requires software help.

Technical problems with the servers? Problems verifying payments? Just panel errors?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@MikeA said:

@WebProject said:

@deank said:

From my experience, I require support because their automation is often broken and renders paid services unusable until human intervention. Not everyone requires software help.

Understandable, for these reasons can be used phone support so don’t need to wait x amount of hours.

edited March 2020

@Vova1234 said:

MikeA said: From my experience, I require support because their automation is often broken and renders paid services unusable until human intervention. Not everyone requires software help.

Technical problems with the servers? Problems verifying payments? Just panel errors?

All three in the past, but now just two of those. An example? I paid for three new servers last week, their OS installation is broken and they had to manually fix two of them, but they still haven't checked the third one which I still can't use after a week of ordering. I obviously won't get credit for the time lost due to issues on their end. Separately FO IPs often break when moving between servers, this always requires a tech manually intervening and fixing it, but it always takes weeks for them to do so I typically just delete the IPs and buy new ones, which is a huge inconvenience when you have things running on those IPs.

Anyway, as I usually say, "shit happens" and you have to deal with it,

• @MikeA said:

@Vova1234 said:

All three in the past, but now just two of those. An example? I paid for three new servers last week, their OS installation is broken and they had to manually fix two of them, but they still haven't checked the third one which I still can't use after a week of ordering. I obviously won't get credit for the time lost due to issues on their end. Separately FO IPs often break when moving between servers, this always requires a tech manually intervening and fixing it, but it always takes weeks for them to do so I typically just delete the IPs and buy new ones, which is a huge inconvenience when you have things running on those IPs.

Anyway, as I usually say, "shit happens" and you have to deal with it,

You need to rub their faces in the shit so they get better. They failed to provide the service due to their problems, that's not for you to fund their mistakes. Every one should be requesting credit, and when it becomes painful or shameful enough, they'll fix it.

• @marvel

I had a similar issue with Rackspace, except it was like $500 or so.

I had called and was moving email services and also cancelled a dedicated server. I can specifically recall the conversation with the agent and him specifically stating he received the cancellation request. I even remember him saying they can always refer back to his notes.

So when we get billed again for two months and I call in, they say cancellations need to happen with notice and by fax. They refused to refund and offered nothing, saying no notes on file for my call, despite the email service actions actually happened as a result of the call. I kept repeating that they accepted my request, regardless of their fax requirements. Then they offered some small pitance, like $40 or something. I just kept responding that I provided notice on such and such day, was told my service would be cancelled and I refuse anything less than full refund.

Eventually, I wore them down and got the refund.

• edited March 2020

marvel said: removed it from auto extension

This is their billing system and department.

That's why you need to capture screen and/or log to provide proof, you can go to the credit card company if the vendor made a mistake and refuse to correct their mistake.

• I don't know why ovh support are getting lots of bad reviews.
    I usually get my support ticket answered in less than 2hour.

Thanked by 1MikeA
    edited March 2020

MikeA said: All three in the past, but now just two of those. An example? I paid for three new servers last week, their OS installation is broken and they had to manually fix two of them, but they still haven't checked the third one which I still can't use after a week of ordering. I obviously won't get credit for the time lost due to issues on their end.

On account of these problems, I turn on monitoring and reinstall it so many times, reboot the server so that the data center employee notices that the OS is not installed.

Only time is wasted. But customers understand that the audience is such that it does not worry if there are delays.

But this often happens and not only in OVH. In Hetzner, too, for example, I often get servers where the Reset module does not work. Other data centers also have such errors.

MikeA said: Separately FO IPs often break when moving between servers, this always requires a tech manually intervening and fixing it, but it always takes weeks for them to do so I typically just delete the IPs and buy new ones, which is a huge inconvenience when you have things running on those IPs.

This is fixed by creating and removing the MAC. If you do this operation, then IP comes to life.

edited March 2020

@Vova1234 said:
    This is fixed by creating and removing the MAC. If you do this operation, then IP comes to life.

That isn't the issue, the IP is permanently stuck in "This IP is currently being moved" status. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Edit: I did try removing vmac though when you replied, no luck. Edit2: Based on the API, the IP move task returns "Task already done", so it's stuck and the task can't be cancelled via the API even. Requires a humanoid employee.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Let us know if we can help with something where we have our locations present.

• E-Mail message from OVH:

Dear Customers,

Since the COVID-19 pandemic was declared on the 30th January, we have been carefully observing how the situation has developed across the globe.
    Today, depending on the guidelines issued by governing healthcare authorities, our company is managing local situations in all regions where we have teams. We are doing this to guarantee our employees’ safety, and also guarantee continuity for your services.

We would like to share with you the actions we have put in place.

Guaranteeing you service continuity
    Our teams are making every effort to support you under the best conditions. As a consequence, we are deploying business continuity plans. Our priority is to ensure a high-quality operational service, which is essential for your activity - both for your business, and also on a more strategic, national scale. We intend to apply this worldwide, wherever we have a presence.
    Our customer support team has adapted on a case-by-case basis to the confinement measures enforced in a number of countries. The Italian government put these measures in place two weeks ago, and we are in the process of completely reorganising our support system worldwide to ensure the best quality possible.

We are also protecting employees in our datacentres, with prevention measures reinforced on-site. Today, all datacentre and server maintenance operations can be carried out as usual. Our infrastructure is able to absorb 20Tbps bandwidth, and for this reason, we do not believe that this crisis will impact the quality of service we offer you. We are working in close contact with our suppliers, and we do not expect to experience any major provisioning issues in the short-term future for deliveries required to produce our own servers. Since the situation is still changing at a quick pace, we will keep you informed.

Guaranteeing health and safety for all employees - an OVHcloud priority
    As soon as the WHO classified COVID-19 as an epidemic, we began reinforcing prevention measures. We suspended business travel, and raised awareness of personal hygiene and safety precautions in our sites.
    Since the COVID-19 outbreak was declared a pandemic, we took the decision to make everyone work from home (excluding datacentre and factory employees), across all of OVHcloud’s sites worldwide. This is to protect both ourselves and other citizens. Most of our sites have already closed, and offices that are still open will be closed by mid-week this week — excluding our production site (which we have changed the shifts for, to keep employee interaction to a strict minimum), and datacentres.

We are aware that by protecting our employees, we are doing our part to prevent the virus from spreading on a larger scale.

Showing solidarity and vigilance
    We urge everyone to follow the recommendations issued by public organisations, as well as both national and international authorities. Simple acts of prevention, such as following personal hygiene precautions, are an effective way of protecting both yourself and others from infection. By working together, we will find ways of overcoming the situation. For further information, please visit the World Health Organization page.

OVHcloud will carry on carefully observing the spread of the pandemic, and will take all of the measures required to support your services while protecting our employees, on the basis of advice issued by governing healthcare authorities.

Thank you for your support, and for choosing OVHcloud.

The OVHcloud teams

@uptime and @webclouddev may both be right. This may very well be the end; but is it the final end or just another end? Stay tuned to find out!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I am put in urgent COVID-19 ticket but they are not reply.

Please advice! :scream:

• @MikeA said:

@marvel said:

@marvel said:

@marvel said:

I've had a lot of issues with them but servers not cancelling thankfully hasn't been one of them so far.

Anyway, think about that $1200/m you pay them. Think about what you'd get spending it with a real company that employs humanoid beings. Ah yes, the thought of prompt replies and a human response is so pleasing to the mind. Don't worry, you will experience it soon enough.

Edit: for the lols - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/260918481665392650/689530121354608766/2020-03-17_124541.png

Yes, I just bought my own hardware now and go with a local DC. It makes much more sense. I can provide my own support then as well and rely on a local company in case of network or other data center issues.

I still have some services on yearly contracts though, but I will def. not extend them.

You've been using them for years right? I don't know how you do it. And OVH EU is as bad as it gets but OVH US is even worse. I did business with them once and they weren't even interested at all. 2 week reply on a ticket.

Only OVH support that has ever been good for me was Montreal.

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited March 2020

@MikeA said:

@Vova1234 said:

That isn't the issue, the IP is permanently stuck in "This IP is currently being moved" status. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Edit: I did try removing vmac though when you replied, no luck. Edit2: Based on the API, the IP move task returns "Task already done", so it's stuck and the task can't be cancelled via the API even. Requires a humanoid employee.

I had the same thing with IPs that had firewall rules stuck on 'Pending'. I just had to put them on reserved in virtualizor, couldn't hand them out any longer. Opened a ticket but OVH didn't care and never solved it, so you just lose those IPs.

There's also another bug in my CP where I can't order failover IPs, I get some weird error so I have to do it through their API now on their advice. They were never able to fix my gui issue.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

The global pandemic wasn’t announced in January 2020.

• @uptime said:
    I am put in urgent COVID-19 ticket but they are not reply.

Please advice! :scream:

You've been quarantined and will be triaged in 14 days.

Thanked by 1uptime