Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling bulk discount OVH IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling bulk discount OVH IPs

FalconsCloudFalconsCloud Member
edited March 2020 in Providers

We're moving away from VPS hosting into web development, as such we're offloading some of our assets.

We have 252 CA IPs, and 80 UK IPs that we'd sell for a price of £1.73 ($2.17).

We're only willing to sell in relatively large chunks.

If you're interested please let me know.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Nobody will transfer OVH IPs for that price when they're only $3 anyways, nobody buys them from people either way. May as well let them expire with the servers.

Anyway, you need to mention what control panel they're on. OVH UK can't be transferred to OVH US, OVH CA, and so on.

• MikeA said: Anyway, you need to mention what control panel they're on. OVH UK can't be transferred to OVH US, OVH CA, and so on.

Good point, forgot to mention it is a UK account.

• You can't sell just IPs. Have to attach to some service before doing transfer.

I doubt any benefits from getting from you as price is really high.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

OVH still allows just buying IPs instead of paying for them monthly like everyone else?

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited March 2020

@PulsedMedia said:
    OVH still allows just buying IPs instead of paying for them monthly like everyone else?

Yes. the best provider (exclude support) who is still out there. One day they they might just switch to monthly.

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@mrclown said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Yes. the best provider (exclude support) who is still out there. One day they they might just switch to monthly.

Not might.

They've switched multiple times already.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Lee
  • So your selling OVH IPs at the same price OVH is selling them.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@FalconsCloud said:
    We're moving away from VPS hosting into web development, as such we're offloading some of our assets.

We have 252 CA IPs, and 80 UK IPs that we'd sell for a price of £1.73 ($2.17).

We're only willing to sell in relatively large chunks.

If you're interested please let me know.

You can't sale something which you don't owned..

If you want to transfer those rented IPs the show us any conversation from OVH that you are allow to do so..

Also it's overpriced so no one will pay you as they will directly get IPs fro OVH

Thanked by 1tjn
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

The last time I heard about this, you can't transfer without having the IPs attached to a server. Which is what is needed to move them to someone else. Plus it would have to stay within a UK OVH account.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2020

Francisco said: They've switched multiple times already.

Did it to me once many years ago, never let them do it again!

• You can get a sandbox OVH VPS which is pennies per hour just before the transfer needs to happen. Then transfer the new VPS with the IPs then the recipient can drop it and keep the IPs.

I'd be interested in the UK ones but the price doesn't make sense (as everyone has said) when you can just get them direct from OVH.

What would you take for all 80 UK ones?

• @danielhm said:
    You can get a sandbox OVH VPS which is pennies per hour just before the transfer needs to happen. Then transfer the new VPS with the IPs then the recipient can drop it and keep the IPs.

I'd be interested in the UK ones but the price doesn't make sense (as everyone has said) when you can just get them direct from OVH.

What would you take for all 80 UK ones?

For clarification to the other commenters as well, OVH have confirmed with me that to transfer the IPs all that is required to do is to change the contact details of the IPs however, for reasons they haven't explained there is an error when I try to do this so they have informed me that I just need to let them know the details of the account and service they are going to be transferred to and they will do it for me.
    TL;DR - It's entirely possible and easy to transfer IPs between accounts.

We can go for £1.20/ip so for all 80 of the UK ones: £96

• @FalconsCloud said:

I think you're overestimating the value of what you're trying to sell by almost an order of magnitude.

Best of luck finding a buyer.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i feel there is some special thread for the sale and rent of ips, then why are the mods not taking care of this thread?

• @agentmishra said:
    i feel there is some special thread for the sale and rent of ips, then why are the mods not taking care of this thread?

Because OP is not actually "selling" the IPs. They are just selling the rights for you to use them on your OVH account - the IPs are and will always be, owned by OVH.

• @danielhm said:

@FalconsCloud said:

I think you're overestimating the value of what you're trying to sell by almost an order of magnitude.

Best of luck finding a buyer.

What sort of price are you looking for?

• @FalconsCloud said:
    What sort of price are you looking for?

It's really the other way around. I don't need them, but I'd be willing to take them. Much in the same way you buy things you don't really need at a clearance sale (well, at least, I do :smile:)

What price makes it worth your time to do the transfer? The alternative being just letting them expire/sit in the account eventually reclaimed by OVH.

PM if you'd prefer.