Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whmcs to blesta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whmcs to blesta

My free whmcs internal license by my reseler host will be stopped by March 31 this year. Paying $9.50 for whmcs and 50gb was a nice deal. But they are not offering it free anymore. Paying $9.50 for just 50gb space is hard from next month. I got free Blesta from both HM and Buyshared. I have installed Blesta trial and trying to configure it. There is an import plugin in Blesta with which I can move my clients.

Would like to know from you guys whether it's okay to move to Blesta or shall I buy a new reseler with free whmcs from Genhost or domainracer.

Comments

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2020

if you are here to stay in this industry try to invest in one time license. relaying on provider free offers will end one day.

what will you do when that day comes ?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@Xsltel said:
    if you are here to stay in this industry try to invest in one time license. relaying on provider free offers will end one day.

what will you do when that day comes ?

i doubt blesta free offers will end...

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

@agentmishra we doubted a lot of stuff in this life. any investor/banker can buy blesta , change it pricing structure and your doubt will fade away. ;)

Thanked by 2Intelpentium0 vpsGOD
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I tried to move to blesta and it failed....... :(

GoCardless was a big issue, it only works on fixed payments and not on variable invoices like WHMCS.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@Xsltel said:
    @agentmishra we doubted a lot of stuff in this life. any investor/banker can buy blesta , change it pricing structure and your doubt will fade away. ;)

i would still doubt that

as i doubt the owner and team of blesta would leave it to others

so also i believe, they might not require investors or sell the company

again, i doubt, and mostly such doubts dont fade, my friend, as long as you know the people behind blesta

and here i am talking about blesta, not its resellers, which has happened in the past

• whmcs or not this is not the reason why you leave whmcs...maybe you are small company but change cms is a suicide for seo

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

also blesta doesn't link with xero.... I think I looked online and there were posts from 4 years ago requesting it...

• O> @chiccorosso said:

whmcs or not this is not the reason why you leave whmcs...maybe you are small company but change cms is a suicide for seo

So you saying to stick on with whmcs?
    So I have to buy the reseler plan with yearly payment and also another 50gb to move my clients.

• well internal whmcs licence aint cheap, whats the revised price for internal licence + hosting with your current provider ?

• @webclouddev said:
    well internal whmcs licence aint cheap, whats the revised price for internal licence + hosting with your current provider ?

No. They stopped offering internal license even. Currently i am paying $9.50 for 50gb along with license. From next month, it's same 9.50; but without license.

• @Intelpentium0 said:

@webclouddev said:
    well internal whmcs licence aint cheap, whats the revised price for internal licence + hosting with your current provider ?

No. They stopped offering internal license even. Currently i am paying $9.50 for 50gb along with license. From next month, it's same 9.50; but without license.

There are plenty of reseller out there but price wont be cheap somewhere around 20-25 usd with internal licence + reseller hosting

• I tried Blesta. The import from whmcs worked smoothly after I created a new database and exported tables via phone admin.
    First i tried to create a package manually. But the import from whmcs failed as the blesta wasn't fresh. I removed that installation and did it again via softaculous. Then the import from whmcs db went smoothly.

To be frank, i couldn't find a way in which my clients can login to cPanel through Blesta with one click access. Hence I found it less attractive and went to skynet to buy the cheapest plan with whmcs. Paid $1.95 and got the first month plan. Recurring is $8.95 per month.
    Now I want to move my 50gb plan from exacth0sting as I can't pay $9.50 pm only for the space. They stopped my WHMCS on 31 March.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@Intelpentium0 said:
    I tried Blesta. The import from whmcs worked smoothly after I created a new database and exported tables via phone admin.
    First i tried to create a package manually. But the import from whmcs failed as the blesta wasn't fresh. I removed that installation and did it again via softaculous. Then the import from whmcs db went smoothly.

To be frank, i couldn't find a way in which my clients can login to cPanel through Blesta with one click access. Hence I found it less attractive and went to skynet to buy the cheapest plan with whmcs. Paid $1.95 and got the first month plan. Recurring is $8.95 per month.
    Now I want to move my 50gb plan from exacth0sting as I can't pay $9.50 pm only for the space. They stopped my WHMCS on 31 March.

No offence but if you can't make money from the clients to pay for your own billing software's license then its not worth it to run the business anymore.

Anyway, if you want a WHMCS license to move your remaining data to your new blesta then just buy a WHMCS directly and move all data within a month and then cancel the license and ask for a refund as they provide 30 days money back guarantee as a trial

• It seems Exacthosting bought Onehost. Your best bet is Hostus @AlexanderM or Eleven2 ~$15/month with 80-100gb reseller

Genhost is $10/month if youre willing to gamble with performance, uptime and support.

Good luck and update us!

• BetaRacksBetaRacks Member
    edited April 2020

I'm sorry, it's in the wrong place

• @ViridWeb said:

@Intelpentium0 said:
    I tried Blesta. The import from whmcs worked smoothly after I created a new database and exported tables via phone admin.

No offence but if you can't make money from the clients to pay for your own billing software's license then its not worth it to run the business anymore.

Anyway, if you want a WHMCS license to move your remaining data to your new blesta then just buy a WHMCS directly and move all data within a month and then cancel the license and ask for a refund as they provide 30 days money back guarantee as a trial

No. Iam not taking your comment as an offence.
    I am not going with Blesta. In whmcs, my clients can login and then they can go directly to their respective cpanels without entering cpanel credentials. But I couldn't find this 'facility' in Blesta for those accounts which are already imported from whmcs. I will setup a few clients manually and check anyhow.
    Iam not going to host client sites on skynet account. It's just for my billing site.

• @Intelpentium0 said: In whmcs, my clients can login and then they can go directly to their respective cpanels without entering cpanel credentials. But I couldn't find this 'facility' in Blesta for those accounts which are already imported from whmcs. I will setup a few clients manually and check anyhow.

I thought Blesta has some cPanel integration? https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/cPanel .

Surely, it will allow you to auto log in too. Did you also ask them about this? Maybe contact their support?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@Intelpentium0 said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Intelpentium0 said:

No. Iam not taking your comment as an offence.
    I am not going with Blesta. In whmcs, my clients can login and then they can go directly to their respective cpanels without entering cpanel credentials. But I couldn't find this 'facility' in Blesta for those accounts which are already imported from whmcs. I will setup a few clients manually and check anyhow.
    Iam not going to host client sites on skynet account. It's just for my billing site.

Just as @jonesolutions said, They already have plugin for that
    https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/cPanel

Thanked by 1jonesolutions
  • @jonesolutions said:

@Intelpentium0 said: In whmcs, my clients can login and then they can go directly to their respective cpanels without entering cpanel credentials. But I couldn't find this 'facility' in Blesta for those accounts which are already imported from whmcs. I will setup a few clients manually and check anyhow.

I thought Blesta has some cPanel integration? https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/cPanel .

Surely, it will allow you to auto log in too. Did you also ask them about this? Maybe contact their support?

Yes. They have a plugin for that. Today I added my own account (the billing portals' cpanel from skynet) and tried the cpanel login and it worked.
    Its not working well with the accounts that were already imported from whmcs their importer plugin. I have manually go to each account and do it.
    I have only 71 clients and I think I can manually edit all accounts!

• @timelapse said:
    It seems Exacthosting bought Onehost. Your best bet is Hostus @AlexanderM or Eleven2 ~$15/month with 80-100gb reseller

Requesting @AlexanderM HostUS for a special deal on his reseler with whmcs.

Genhost is $10/month if youre willing to gamble with performance, uptime and support.

Is Genhost that much bad? Are you using their service? The support person said OVH Rbx location 50GB+whmcs is available with a 2 months discount on yearly plan.

• @Intelpentium0 said:

@timelapse said:
    It seems Exacthosting bought Onehost. Your best bet is Hostus @AlexanderM or Eleven2 ~$15/month with 80-100gb reseller

Is Genhost that much bad? Are you using their service? The support person said OVH Rbx location 50GB+whmcs is available with a 2 months discount on yearly plan.

Maybe @AlexanderM can include whmcs in the Premium reseller ($10) for you? :D

For the cpanel account limit, maybe you can offer to pay for the cpanel tax per account for the additional accounts?

Havent used Genhost but they never reply in chat or Sales inquiry. Maybe on whatsapp they do but I havent tried. Lots of reviews where they just suspend accounts due to over usage of resources; probably very oversold servers. @Ympker said they were ok though. Try them and update us :D

• @timelapse said:

@Intelpentium0 said:

@timelapse said:

Maybe @AlexanderM can include whmcs in the Premium reseller ($10) for you? :D

For the cpanel account limit, maybe you can offer to pay for the cpanel tax per account for the additional accounts?

Havent used Genhost but they never reply in chat or Sales inquiry. Maybe on whatsapp they do but I havent tried. Lots of reviews where they just suspend accounts due to over usage of resources; probably very oversold servers. @Ympker said they were ok though. Try them and update us :D

@timelapse For the record, I've only used their 14 days free trial back then. Website performance (OVH) was okay then. I quit them because support never replied.

• Ask to blesta support i think they can do migration for you

• @chiccorosso said:
    Ask to blesta support i think they can do migration for you

I have completed the migration using the importer inside Blesta.

My customers are from different states. But all Indian clients are shown under single state, Andaman Nicobar Islands. Now iam manually updating them.

Making an invoice void in Blesta will make the service active. Usually we think that the invoice is void so the service will be disabled and it will not invoice again. But it's a bit complex and remember always to cancel the service along with voiding the invoice.

Blesta misses the domain resolver plugin which is native in whmcs. I am yet to decide..

• I know Better whmcs to blesta. At Least i decide to whmcs because is more complete. Especially in your case you have client in different country

• Just go with Hostus, the additional $ gives you 30 gb space anyway

Congrats on the provider tag, that was quick. Has change arrived? :)

@deank hahahha

• @timelapse said:
    Just go with Hostus, the additional $ gives you 30 gb space anyway

Yes. But no reply for the request yet.

Congrats on the provider tag, that was quick. Has change arrived? :)

Thank you..
    Yes. It was quick. Now I can post the offer for 20 x 1GB shared cpanel under shared hosting offers section. Right?