Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Razorpay not giving my payout from 3 months. Fraud Gateway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Razorpay not giving my payout from 3 months. Fraud Gateway

I had been using Razorpay to accept credit cards since my previous card processor (Voguepay) had issues. Razorpay is located in a nearby state only to my state.
I had about 200 transactions with them in 2 months and an international client created a chargeback and then razorpay had put my payouts on hold. They are on hold from 3 months even after I have provided the KYC details of all clients after they requested it and even proof of delivery (emails sent with login details as requested by them). And now they are not even responding.
About $2000 of me are on hold with them which is a lot for me in my country.
What can I do now?
I have already switched to Skrill for processing credit cards but I need my money from them. It has already been more than 3 months since they have put my money on hold.
Also, they immediately stopped accepting international transactions after the first chargeback and due to this reason I lost a lot of clients as I could no longer accept credit cards and it took 2 weeks for skrill to activate my account.

Comments

• Try PayPal. We've had £20k+ on hold for 6 months.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Why would you even keep this kind of money with the gateway ?

• @Synatiq said:
    Try PayPal. We've had £20k+ on hold for 6 months.

$2000 is a lot for me since I am a new provider. My life is dependent on this business only and so I really need this money as soon as possible to continue my business.
    Since, the payment gateway company is located in a nearby state inside my country only, I want to know if a case can be filed against them to make the process faster and scare the sleepy non-responding staffs.
    I am new to all this so please don't make fun of me. A request to everyone to

• @Clouvider said:

This gateway is very reputed and is one of the biggest in my country (India)

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited March 2020

@erikkkkk said:

@Synatiq said:

$2000 is a lot for me since I am a new provider. My life is dependent on this business only and so I really need this money as soon as possible to continue my business.
    Since, the payment gateway company is located in a nearby state inside my country only, I want to know if a case can be filed against them to make the process faster and scare the sleepy non-responding staffs.

Not making fun of you by any means. My point is this appears to be happening with a lot of gateways. Only Stripe has been "crap-free" to us so far. PP can take up to a week to reply sometimes. Give them a week, but also try to see if they have a phone support line.

I truly hope the best for you here. I've been there and I know how annoying it is for your business to be hammered by a payment provider..

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@erikkkkk said:

@Synatiq said:

Ask your lawyer not the public on the forum.

@erikkkkk said:

@Clouvider said:

This gateway is very reputed and is one of the biggest in my country (India)

Still, it’s not a bank account.

• How long can this payment gateway legally hold my money?

• Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Member
    edited March 2020

Iam using Instamojo for Indian clients and PayPal for Intl clients. If I do some refund through Instamojo, they becomes extra cautious and next payouts will be delayed. Their normal payout cycle is T+2 working days where Razorpay is T+5 for most. Instamojo may allow you to accept International cards too. Contact their support. Currency will be shown only in INR..
    Aff link https://imjo.in/xxxxx
    (We both will get Rs.500 for signing up using above link)

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I use Razorpay never had any issues.

• But it happens due to that chargeback ?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@erikkkkk said:
    I had been using Razorpay to accept credit cards since my previous card processor (Voguepay) had issues. Razorpay is located in a nearby state only to my state.
    I had about 200 transactions with them in 2 months and an international client created a chargeback and then razorpay had put my payouts on hold. They are on hold from 3 months even after I have provided the KYC details of all clients after they requested it and even proof of delivery (emails sent with login details as requested by them). And now they are not even responding.
    What can I do now?
    I have already switched to Skrill for processing credit cards but I need my money from them. It has already been more than 3 months since they have put my money on hold.
    Also, they immediately stopped accepting international transactions after the first chargeback and due to this reason I lost a lot of clients as I could no longer accept credit cards and it took 2 weeks for skrill to activate my account.

You mean the Indian credit card processor razorpay?
    Well that's impossible. Because they will automatically send your payouts within 3 to 7 days.

If it's a charge back issue like customer received package then contact them via either email or live chat and send them the proof.

If they still not response then ask your lawyer to take action against them.

We are using Razorpay for Credit card processing for our Indian clients only and have no issue at all

• @Intelpentium0 said:
    Iam using Instamojo for Indian clients and PayPal for Intl clients. If I do some refund through Instamojo, they becomes extra cautious and next payouts will be delayed. Their normal payout cycle is T+2 working days where Razorpay is T+5 for most. Instamojo may allow you to accept International cards too. Contact their support. Currency will be shown only in INR..
    Aff link https://imjo.in/ctVtFr
    (We both will get Rs.500 for signing up using above link)

I am using skrill now. No need for any other gateway now. I want to get my existing money on hold back from them.

• Suddenly after creating this post they responded to my email in an hour. They said they are reviewing my submitted documents and will provide an update soon.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

@erikkkkk said:
    Suddenly after creating this post they responded to my email in an hour. They said they are reviewing my submitted documents and will provide an update soon.

at least something good came out of this post , hope your issue gets sorted out .

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

I am using Razorpay for the last 1.5 years. Everything is perfectly working for me.

• @Synatiq said:

@erikkkkk said:

@Synatiq said:

You don’t even need to be a business to have your funds frozen.

Had a few hundred $ frozen a few years back despite sending them a copy of my (valid) license, passport, a credit card statement — all whilst having a valid bank account linked.

It’s not a significant sum of money but after going through at least 5 reps who all basically said “just wait the 180 days and it’ll be released,” I gave up and uttered two words: “small claims.”

Two days later, my account was magically un-frozen and everything was back to normal lol

• @doghouch said:

@Synatiq said:

@erikkkkk said:

@Synatiq said:

You don’t even need to be a business to have your funds frozen.

Had a few hundred $ frozen a few years back despite sending them a copy of my (valid) license, passport, a credit card statement — all whilst having a valid bank account linked.

It’s not a significant sum of money but after going through at least 5 reps who all basically said “just wait the 180 days and it’ll be released,” I gave up and uttered two words: “small claims.”

Two days later, my account was magically un-frozen and everything was back to normal lol

That’s what we ended up doing too. Had to show some teeth and remind them of the law.

• cociucociu Member

Synatiq said: Try PayPal. We've had £20k+ on hold for 6 months.

lol ... you too? i have the same , seems the idiots is use our money to lunch the rackets to the marte planet. Welcome in the club. For us is block 30% of income durring the xx days .. but still a huge amount of money there for no reason. Is block including recurring payments from clients who have payed the same invoice in the last x years.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Synatiq said:

I personally will not recommend PayPal, as if you are service provider majority times PayPal will be on side of the customers even if customers abuse your services, moreover the PayPal is holding processing fee in event of refund where the majority merchants don’t charge sellers/suppliers.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@erikkkkk said:
    What can I do now?

I understand your frustration and feel the disappointment with the Razorpay. I am fully aware about their rules and can totally agree with you. They stop and disable the International Transactions once they receive the dispute/chargeback from international clients (Outside India) so you will only have the permission to accept the payments from Indian clients. However, they still can re-enable the permission to accept the payments from International clients if you provide the required details and preventive measure put in place at your end to control fraud /chargebacks.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Synatiq said: Try PayPal. We've had £20k+ on hold for 6 months.

Wow, how come that much? Worst i had with Paypal has been ~2300€ on hold for about 8months. There's been other smaller problems tho.

Then again, we also empty PP every week for this very reason. We've had many issues with them, but they continue to function decently, no issues with chargebacks or claims, we win 90%+ of them.

Then again i would not trust PP to keep our money, at maximum keep only ~6months of TX fees worth there, for us that is quite a bit of money!

Skrill on the other hand ... they kicked us out for providing seedboxes despite 10+ years with them already for various hosting services etc. Started using Skrill back when it was moneybookers and still competitive with Paypal ... Maybe late 90s? At latest early 00s.

erikkkkk said: How long can this payment gateway legally hold my money?

read their terms.

Intelpentium0 said: Iam using Instamojo for Indian clients

We have quite a few customers from India, are you located in India or some other country? Wondering how well Instamojo would work for us.
    I did get spammy "Free growth hacks" popup on their site tho ... looked almost like their side had been hacked.

WebProject said: I personally will not recommend PayPal, as if you are service provider majority times PayPal will be on side of the customers even if customers abuse your services, moreover the PayPal is holding processing fee in event of refund where the majority merchants don’t charge sellers/suppliers.

This is incorrect. You just need to tell them it's a hosting service and who ever made the dispute loses 90% of the time. It's in their TOS: Intangibles, virtual items & services are not under customer protection in their service.