Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any cheap Dedi Server for small stream site ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any cheap Dedi Server for small stream site ?

Hello,im creating new small nsfw site (hentai),so i want to ask if any dedi server or vps can handle this (small movies size 100-500mb),visitor around 5-10k / day or 10-20k watch / day..i used thirdparty services before (openload,google drive) but afraid they will down in future,so i want to use my own server for stream...what should i focus when choose dedi / vps for this ( for hdd,i nid only 500gb or 1tb maybe good.) thank you for read.

Comments

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

We can offer you a dedicated server with 100 Mbps unmetered bandwidth.

Supermicro X9-32G

• Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2 CPU
    • 32 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    • 1 TB HDD storage
    • 100 Mbps unmetered
    • 1 IP address

Monthly price € 55.00

Please email ([email protected]) or add us on Skype (spectraip) to order the server.

Datacenter: Amsterdam, NL
    Network: AS62068

Thanked by 1pmvuongvn
  • donkodonko Member

20000 daily video views for 1 single dedicated server?

nope

Thanked by 1pmvuongvn
  • @pmvuongvn said:
    Hello,im creating new small nsfw site (hentai),so i want to ask if any dedi server or vps can handle this (small movies size 100-500mb),visitor around 5-10k / day or 10-20k watch / day..i used thirdparty services before (openload,google drive) but afraid they will down in future,so i want to use my own server for stream...what should i focus when choose dedi / vps for this ( for hdd,i nid only 500gb or 1tb maybe good.) thank you for read.

SSD raid10, when you choose dedicated server.
    server location nearly your visitor.
    port speed 1gbps at least.
    you need server 64-128gb ram dedicated server but it is difficult to calculate what you actually you required.
    if these 3rd parties shown ram and CPU then it is easy to choose a server.

• Going with decent 1Gbps unmetered is good start with decent SSD. Then expand that into multiple or use cloudflare/bunnycdn to scale it up.

20k daily video isn't that small traffics after all.

Thanked by 1pmvuongvn
  • I would suggest stick to the third parties video host like you mentioned in your op and no they are not going anywhere im still seeing gdrive steaming website who uploads pirated movies though they revise links frequently but i guess thats cheap and does the work pretty well for high traffic too

Thanked by 1pmvuongvn
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

You can run on the current server which @spectraip mention because i m managing same setup for one my client but i m charging more bcz i m doing everything own you just need to tweaks to servers properly however 1000-20000/day not a big issue for a well managed dedicated server

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We have some Promotional 1 & 10Gbps Unmetered Dedicated Servers remaining in London & Amsterdam starting at £116 per month if this works for you?

vps for this ( for hdd,i nid only 500gb or 1tb maybe good.

500GB+ NVMe as standard, additional and larger disks can be added.

• PineappleBoxPineappleBox Member
    edited March 2020

If you're able to purchase it in the next 2 days I'd recommend the following hetzner auctions:
    ~$43.50 or ~$41.60.

If you cannot use either of these I'd also recommend ServerCheap's 16gb Chicago VPS which is $36/month or $34.13/month on an annual contract Link

Also, if you're able to run with much lower ram and cpu power you could always use Ikoula Starter IKL

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Location?
    Budget?

• A/S/L?

• VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep

hello.
    we can provide from justhost.ru
    1 x Intel Xeon e5-1603 2.8ггц (4 cores / 4 threads) / 16 Gb / 2 x 1000 Gb
    1U Dell t3600 / 1 Gbit shared
    ~90,94 usd per month
    monitoring, 24*7 tech support.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@pmvuongvn said:

We have NVMe disks we can put into any of our Dual Processor systems, which should handle your described load. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for options.

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited March 2020

You consider at all the cpu limitations of streaming? Need to make sure have proper encodes to avoid transcoding at all costs. Your going to need multiple versions of each video for various browser standards and Resolutions for device And bandwidth restrictions

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2020

10k x 100MB = 1TB per day. Yea not VPS territory at that point, or a highend one at that. That's 30TB a month, or ~100Mbps on average, you will want 1Gbps+ to handle burst rates, and you want to ensure distribution among multiple servers. 10Gbps+ for extra busy days - that is quite a few dedis and/or VPS to ensure high quality of service.

These kind of requirements are routine for us, but not at the price range of of a VPS.