Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is better
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which is better

I rented a dedicated server at Nocix for $25/month. I haven't used it since I still did not transfer my site hosted at QuickPacket.

This is the specs:

AMD Quadcore 120SSD + 2TB Preconfigured
3Ghz or faster
4 Cores / 4 threads
16GB DDR3
100TB Monthly Transfer
5 usable IPv4 Address

I run the YABS (yet another benchmark script), bench.sh and lscpu scripts. It shows that the CPU that was used is Phenom II X6 1075T
CPU MHz: 802.000
CPU max MHz: 3000.0000
CPU min MHz: 800.0000

Now, I check on WholeSaleInternet. There's a plan for $22/month. If I use 120GB SSD it will cost me $25/month.

Specs:
Dual Intel Xeon 5150
2.66Ghz - 2 processors
4 Cores / 4 Threads
16GB DDR2 ECC
100TB Monthly Transfer
5 usable IPv4 Address

Which server should I use? Any recommendation?

Comments

• Don't change your Sport Car into a rubbish for saving $3 - -!!

• @cxcool said:
    Don't change your Sport Car into a rubbish for saving $3 - -!!

Why do you think it's rubbish? Care to elaborate?

I will actually pay same price per month since I'm going to swap 1TB hhd with 120GB SSD.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

xdev44 said: Why do you think it's rubbish? Care to elaborate?

Probably because it's not just Intel, but it's actually Core 2 Duo era Xeon, not even Nehalem / Westmere ... Certainly not as many exploits on that old chip, but it's still garbage.

You are also downgrading to DDR2 from DDR3. Just not worth it.

Also at that price point you are nearing the point where you can get Ryzen, NVMe & DDR4 ... How do i know that? Because we offer that :) https://pulsedmedia.com/zen-minidedi.php
    Sample config: Athlon 200GE 2c/4t 3.2Ghz (2 zen cores!), 8GB Dual Channel and 256GB SX8200 Pro NVMe drive comes out to 25.96€ a month.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    Probably because it's not just Intel, but it's actually Core 2 Duo era Xeon, not even Nehalem / Westmere ... Certainly not as many exploits on that old chip, but it's still garbage.

I see.

Also at that price point you are nearing the point where you can get Ryzen, NVMe & DDR4 ... How do i know that? Because we offer that :) https://pulsedmedia.com/zen-minidedi.php
    Sample config: Athlon 200GE 2c/4t 3.2Ghz (2 zen cores!), 8GB Dual Channel and 256GB SX8200 Pro NVMe drive comes out to 25.96€ a month.

Is it Asia optimized? My users are in Asia.

xdev44 said: Is it Asia optimized? My users are in Asia.

We do have RETN in our mix, some will go via that route. but otherwise not really. Is Nocix or WholeSaleInternet either?

If you have access to the end points in Asia we would be curious of the results and you can get one of our seedboxes for testing and then just ask a refund after done :)

• @PulsedMedia said:
    We do have RETN in our mix, some will go via that route. but otherwise not really. Is Nocix or WholeSaleInternet either?

If you have access to the end points in Asia we would be curious of the results and you can get one of our seedboxes for testing and then just ask a refund after done :)

Not sure with Nocix/WholeSaleInternet though since I haven't use the server I rented Nocix yet. But sure, let me try your V1000 XS 6.99€ seedbox for testing. Since your 14-day moneyback guarantee only exclusions dedicated server, domain names and support/management services.

xdev44 said:

Not sure with Nocix/WholeSaleInternet though since I haven't use the server I rented Nocix yet. But sure, let me try your V1000 XS 6.99€ seedbox for testing. Since your 14-day moneyback guarantee only exclusions dedicated server, domain names and support/management services.

Thanks.

If you have any trouble with throughput, please submit MTRs to support and we can pass them forward as well.

• You can use first one