Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudjiffy / Leapswitch Nodes Error 502
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudjiffy / Leapswitch Nodes Error 502

It has been an hour, my websites suddenly throws error 500.

My environment keep getting 502 Application down including my database. Tried create a brand new apache environment, also 502 Application Down error.

The support won't admin there are problems despite my screenshot showing failed restart notification, and red log all over the place.

Tagging @leapswitch

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@yokowasis this is related to your environment / account - not for the entire platform. Our team has restarted your nodes from the backend ( ones which are in the ticket ) and ensured they are working. We will also check with development to find the root cause and get back to you.

• @leapswitch said:
    @yokowasis this is related to your environment / account - not for the entire platform. Our team has restarted your nodes from the backend ( ones which are in the ticket ) and ensured they are working. We will also check with development to find the root cause and get back to you.

Yeah, I have tried everything, every solution that I can think including destroying and recreating the environment. I even booted up my "backup" environment. The problem persists. What frustate me more is the support that says, "As we checked your environment is working fine." which clearly it doesn't and it waste some times. And then he continue to says "Sorry for inconvenience. Please check now.", and waste more times.

The environment has been working for 1 month without any incident. There must be something wrong, when even the brand new environment suffer the same problem. I just want answers. The last time I was facing this issue is when you guys tell me I use too many resources. Pretty sure that's not a problem here, because as of right now, I am in the middle of night, my users are sleeping. And the load is very low.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2020

yokowasis said: Yeah, I have tried everything, every solution that I can think including destroying and recreating the environment. I even booted up my "backup" environment. The problem persists.

You need to hire a system administrator or move to a managed service. It should be considered physically impossible (not saying someone can't make up a wild scenario but the probability would be a fraction of a fraction) for you to be receiving the error that you are and for it to be an issue with their systems. That's because the error you're receiving should be coming from the software layer.

yokowasis said: because as of right now, I am in the middle of night, my users are sleeping

That's not a valid method to determine resource usage. Crawlers and scrapers never sleep, nor do cron jobs, for example.

Most likely you are hitting resource issues but for anyone to offer advice you'd need to detail your software stack and resources in full. I would say scale up your resources and observe if it resolves it, but this may be an issue where your software is scaling up to hit any resource cap due to poor design. That is far too common, which makes that an invalid test. Someone who knows what they're doing really needs to dig into your stack and review it.

• Even though this is shared hosting, shouldn't you still have logs that should be a clue to the problem?

(Gave up on shared hosting years ago for websites partially due to uncertainty if problem is me or the host, permissions, resource limits, etc)

• @TimboJones said:
    Even though this is shared hosting, shouldn't you still have logs that should be a clue to the problem?

(Gave up on shared hosting years ago for websites partially due to uncertainty if problem is me or the host, permissions, resource limits, etc)

I guess its not a shared hosting , more of a platform as a service but yeah it should have logs

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@yokowasis We have checked with development team and the issue was due to NFS mount being unreachable on your storage container. We will check why it suddenly stopped working causing a cascading effect on your web servers. We will keep you posted in the ticket.

• @jar said:

yokowasis said: Yeah, I have tried everything, every solution that I can think including destroying and recreating the environment. I even booted up my "backup" environment. The problem persists.

You need to hire a system administrator or move to a managed service. It should be considered physically impossible (not saying someone can't make up a wild scenario but the probability would be a fraction of a fraction) for you to be receiving the error that you are and for it to be an issue with their systems. That's because the error you're receiving should be coming from the software layer.

This is the very reason why I am choosing cloudjiffy. I don't need to manage my own software stack. I don't even have root access.

yokowasis said: because as of right now, I am in the middle of night, my users are sleeping

That's not a valid method to determine resource usage. Crawlers and scrapers never sleep, nor do cron jobs, for example.

if the server going down just because of some mere crawlers, then I don't know what to say.

Most likely you are hitting resource issues but for anyone to offer advice you'd need to detail your software stack and resources in full. I would say scale up your resources and observe if it resolves it, but this may be an issue where your software is scaling up to hit any resource cap due to poor design. That is far too common, which makes that an invalid test. Someone who knows what they're doing really needs to dig into your stack and review it.

My nodes is set to auto scaled to Max number they allowed (32). It's not even scale to past 10. Also if the problem is the high load, it won't affect a new environment. Which in my case even the new environment throws 502 Application Down.

And it took ages to restart the service despite it's brand new nodes, with practically zero load.

@TimboJones said:
    Even though this is shared hosting, shouldn't you still have logs that should be a clue to the problem?

It's not shared hosting, it's a platform similar to goole clouds, aws, etc. Yes, it has logs, but it took very long time to load the logs. Even then the logs only throw useless stuff, such as time out because restarting the service took too long.

They fixed the issue last night. I have no idea what they did.

@leapswitch said:
    @yokowasis We have checked with development team and the issue was due to NFS mount being unreachable on your storage container. We will check why it suddenly stopped working causing a cascading effect on your web servers. We will keep you posted in the ticket.

This is definitely one of the possiblity. No matter what I try, stopping / starting the environment, umount / remount, none of them fixed my problem, also it took very long time for the operation. And then suddenly it's responsive and works fine. My server is up running. You really should find the cause of it.

Thanked by 1TimboJones