Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues with porkbun, incase any one may help - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issues with porkbun, incase any one may help

Comments

• @kalimov622 said:
    @r0xz, how long ago did this happen?

early last year.

@oborseth thanks, but I don't want to have anything to do with PB anymore. I was treated with hostile and not even a single "sorry" came out from the support manager for the unreasonable suspension, just trying to enforce his beliefs that I was hosting a phishing site. I hope PB has improved all of this nonsense process/procedures and please be reasonable to your customers.

Thanked by 2kalimov622 raknaz
  • @Boogeyman said:

@TimboJones said: The number of times I agree when someone else was rude is a very low value. The number of times I think they're actually the cunt is much higher.

Like I said I can't prove myself, you can see my statement as a nonsense rhyme. I won't mind. I just stated what happened on my case. Believing or not believing is your call and I won't bother proving myself for a provider that I left long time ago for having support agents that behave improperly.

I don't see it as a nonsense rhyme (???), I just think making an allegation without details makes you a dick. You specifically did NOT "just stated what happened", that's my complaint!

Anybody that's worked in customer/technical service has had someone complain they were rude when really they took offense to something for being uninformed on something.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@r0xz Just curious, where did you move to?

• @thedp said:
    @r0xz Just curious, where did you move to?

NameSilo. Never had any issues with them for the past ~7 years.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @TimboJones said:

@Boogeyman said:

@TimboJones said: The number of times I agree when someone else was rude is a very low value. The number of times I think they're actually the cunt is much higher.

Like I said I can't prove myself, you can see my statement as a nonsense rhyme. I won't mind. I just stated what happened on my case. Believing or not believing is your call and I won't bother proving myself for a provider that I left long time ago for having support agents that behave improperly.

I don't see it as a nonsense rhyme (???), I just think making an allegation without details makes you a dick. You specifically did NOT "just stated what happened", that's my complaint!

Anybody that's worked in customer/technical service has had someone complain they were rude when really they took offense to something for being uninformed on something.

I am not being dick here. Probably you don't understand what you're talking about. Also probably you didn't notice my comment about registrars & registries. When someone breaks your trust what do you do? Will you take the sin from your ancestors being passed to you? You trust Google that in several occasion manipulated their system to make their competitors out of business. Likewise some play stores alike software they marked as "malware". I'd rather trust a community run by sensible persons. Also I am not unaware and uninformed about something I am doing for years(still learning many new things). I have done businesses with many companies. Sometimes there are unskilled/junior employees in business don't want to hear the customer at all. In few cases with Namecheap their customer support agents were unskilled that they denied my request and stated it was my fault/I need to do something to fix. When I showed them the right thing they apologized to me and fixed it right away. In my cases with Porkbun they were arrogant and didn't wanted to listen to their customers which was stated by another members in this thread earlier. You need to listen to your customers. That's how you fix your business. I do like businesses that want to correct themselves. I think and hope Porkbun will fix their customer support agents. I believe they have many earlier chat logs to find out if their customers are wrong or they are. Still there are many ways to improve.

N.B: I don't like spam,phishing,etc either.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

No issue yet, using own DNS, despite I would not put everything on one Registar, it sounds like a fucking stupid idea, split it at least among a few.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • EasyDNS is nice, has nice support, but they are a bit politically retarded.

• @Boogeyman said:

@TimboJones said:

@Boogeyman said:

I am not being dick here. Probably you don't understand what you're talking about. Also probably you didn't notice my comment about registrars & registries. When someone breaks your trust what do you do? Will you take the sin from your ancestors being passed to you? You trust Google that in several occasion manipulated their system to make their competitors out of business. Likewise some play stores alike software they marked as "malware". I'd rather trust a community run by sensible persons. Also I am not unaware and uninformed about something I am doing for years(still learning many new things). I have done businesses with many companies. Sometimes there are unskilled/junior employees in business don't want to hear the customer at all. In few cases with Namecheap their customer support agents were unskilled that they denied my request and stated it was my fault/I need to do something to fix. When I showed them the right thing they apologized to me and fixed it right away. In my cases with Porkbun they were arrogant and didn't wanted to listen to their customers which was stated by another members in this thread earlier. You need to listen to your customers. That's how you fix your business. I do like businesses that want to correct themselves. I think and hope Porkbun will fix their customer support agents. I believe they have many earlier chat logs to find out if their customers are wrong or they are. Still there are many ways to improve.

N.B: I don't like spam,phishing,etc either.

Yeah, you just sound butthurt (wah, wah, they broke my trust but I can't give details) that porkbun didn't do whatever you wanted and apologized to you like namecheap. Other people would remember the details or have it in email.

• Have about 35 domains with them, no issues so far. Anytime I've dealt with support has been quick and painless

• Oneday my one domain is hacked and hacker use my website for hacking. After 24hrs, contabo suspended my account. Then i got call from clients and see all websites are down. Then contact contabo,tell them site was hacked.they unsuspended my hosting. My domain wasn’t affected.
    I have 4 domains with porkbun. Just add to cart 3 domains for transfer and waiting for credit card reactivation to pay. Meanwhile i just login LET and saw this.
    So many comments here, so what happened last?
    Do Porkbun suspend domains if google reported blacklisted?
    If yes, i will move out from porkbun.
    If no, i will trasfer in 3 more today.

• BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited November 2020

@TimboJones said: Yeah, you just sound butthurt (wah, wah, they broke my trust but I can't give details) that porkbun didn't do whatever you wanted and apologized to you like namecheap. Other people would remember the details or have it in email.

I receive too many mails from hot sisters. There is no way I will keep those waste email to eat my storage. And btw I put the judge in charge and gave him a keyword. Also I have no obligation to prove myself to you. Why don't you try someone else affected in this thread? Don't just stick with me.

@bdspice said: Do Porkbun suspend domains if google reported blacklisted?

No longer according to them. Can't confirm because I don't have any domains with them. Also if your domains get suspended and they are in #clientHold status and they are .com you can still transfer the domain if it's unlocked for transfer and you have the EPP key.

N.B: Keep in mind not to use their DNS hosting in such cases. They will receive abuse in these cases and probably suspend your domain.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited November 2020

Not only Porkbun, but Radix registry also suspends (all their gTLDs) in event if they find there's a phishing attack on a domain (by insertinng malicious script)! So avoid Porkbun & Radix gTDs and stick to Donuts/Verisign or others!

• @r0xz said: NameSilo. Never had any issues with them for the past ~7 years.

Yup! Namesilo, Reg.com, OpenProvider - all 3 are best and quite liberal too! I'm reselling Namesilo from past 5 years, OpenProvider from last 1 year and soon trying to resell (kind of bulletproof domains) from Dnspod (which is now acquired by giant Tencent).

• BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited November 2020

@JasonM said:

@r0xz said: NameSilo. Never had any issues with them for the past ~7 years.

Yup! Namesilo, Reg.com, OpenProvider - all 3 are best and quite liberal too! I'm reselling Namesilo from past 5 years, OpenProvider from last 1 year and soon trying to resell (kind of bulletproof domains) from Dnspod (which is now acquired by giant Tencent).

Does OpenProvider allows reselling? What's your experience with them?

• @JasonM said: but Radix registry also suspends

No wonder their parent is Directi.

• @Boogeyman said:

@TimboJones said: Yeah, you just sound butthurt (wah, wah, they broke my trust but I can't give details) that porkbun didn't do whatever you wanted and apologized to you like namecheap. Other people would remember the details or have it in email.

I receive too many mails from hot sisters. There is no way I will keep those waste email to eat my storage. And btw I put the judge in charge and gave him a keyword. Also I have no obligation to prove myself to you. Why don't you try someone else affected in this thread? Don't just stick with me.

@bdspice said: Do Porkbun suspend domains if google reported blacklisted?

No longer according to them. Can't confirm because I don't have any domains with them. Also if your domains get suspended and they are in #clientHold status and they are .com you can still transfer the domain if it's unlocked for transfer and you have the EPP key.

N.B: Keep in mind not to use their DNS hosting in such cases. They will receive abuse in these cases and probably suspend your domain.

I dont use DNS from domain provider. I have vps, i host DNS on own server.
    So i can tranfer to porkbun. Going to do it now.

• @oborseth said:

Some folks seem to be commenting about our old policy of suspending domains that get placed on the Google Safe Browsing list. To clarify, we no longer do this unless the domain is using our DNS and only suspend if it remains on the list for over 24 hours AND is using our hosting services.

Thank you for the heads-up.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2021

Sorry for the necro, but it seems Porkbun loves Google. On their frontpage, above the search bar, they now added a link and logo to a Google page, just for some reviews. They must love Google so much, that they put their whole company on the line for it.

@oborseth - PLEASE STOP SHARING MY DATA WITH GOOGLE!

• LeviLevi Member

@default said:
    Sorry for the necro, but it seems Porkbun loves Google. On their frontpage, above the search bar, they now added a link and logo to a Google page, just for some reviews. They must love Google so much, that they put their whole company on the line for it.

Just abandon. There is a ton of way wayyyyy better registrars.

namecheap.com
    cloudflare.com (only for transfers)
    name.com
    nja.la

Thanked by 1default
  • DrvDrv Member
    edited August 2021

@default said:

block their ip's/domain's.
    look even lowendtalk leaks your ip to twitter google cloudflare etc

Thanked by 2Shot2 oborseth
  • oborsethoborseth Member, Host Rep

@default said:

That is a link to Google reviews, it's not sharing your data with Google in any way. Well, not unless you click through and leave a review. @Drv is correct, this very website along with all of the others that @LTniger listed other than nja.la uses Google in some way and is SHARING YOUR DATA. I highly recommend using some sort of ad blocker or privacy plugin such as uBlock Origin to help prevent your browser from communicating with sites such as Google, Twitter, etc.

• is porkbun reliable? i want to register a .io domain and porkbun offers the best prive and privacyprotection for free.

• I appreciate that Porkbun's google review link is literally a google search for porkbun. It's not an abusive, data-stealing widget or external JS include.

Thanked by 1oborseth
  • acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited August 2021

@hyperblast said:
    is porkbun reliable? i want to register a .io domain and porkbun offers the best prive and privacyprotection for free.

Yes they are very reliable, I have used them for quite sometime with no issues, they have domains that are over 20years old of mine, so in my opinion yes

If your doing shady shit then no ..I don't recommend them

• LeviLevi Member

@acidpuke said:

@hyperblast said:
    is porkbun reliable? i want to register a .io domain and porkbun offers the best prive and privacyprotection for free.

Yes they are very reliable, I have used them for quite sometime with no issues, they have domains that are over 20years old of mine, so in my opinion yes

They suspend your domain on google report basis... No, they are not reliable.

• @LTniger what can you recommend? internetbs? netim? namecheap? namesilo?

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited August 2021

@LTniger said:

@acidpuke said:

@hyperblast said:

@oborseth said:
    Just to follow up, a policy change has officially been made on our end. Abuse notices from registries will now be bounced back to the registry if definitive and verifiable proof of illegal activity or substantial abuse, such as phishing or malware distribution, is not provided. To be honest, the registry will probably still suspend the domain on their end but we will no longer take the action ourselves.

Some folks seem to be commenting about our old policy of suspending domains that get placed on the Google Safe Browsing list. To clarify, we no longer do this unless the domain is using our DNS and only suspend if it remains on the list for over 24 hours AND is using our hosting services. The reason for this is that it adversely affects other domains hosted on our platforms by putting our IP addresses on blacklists themselves, which is obviously unacceptable. The process for when this happens is that we 1) remove our hosting DNS records and name servers from the domain to prevent our IPs from getting blacklisted 2) notify the user of the action taken and that the domain will be suspended if it remains on the list for over 24 hours. We have not had a single issue since switching over to this method.

They don't do that anymore, unless your using there DNS/Hosting and you don't respond to the allegations, I would think they should have the right to protect themself from the liability

Thanked by 1oborseth
  • oborsethoborseth Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:

Not true at all @LTniger Read what @acidpuke quoted above for up to date info. Our policy at the time triggered a false positive and the policy was changed, it's really not that complicated.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @oborseth are you an official representative of porkbun?

• @hyperblast said:
    @oborseth are you an official representative of porkbun?

Looks like he's "Owen", software engineer. A googl^h^h^h^h web search will tell you more.

Thanked by 1bdl