Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers, would you pay 1€ / core / month min. 100€ for a modern KVM panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers, would you pay 1€ / core / month min. 100€ for a modern KVM panel?

Would you pay 1€ / core / month (physical CPU cores in compute nodes), minimum 100€ / month for a modern KVM control panel and cloud billing solution?

I understand that this is out of the budget for some of the LET providers, so the default answer would be "no".

I am curious to know how many providers would say "yes".

And more importantly what is a main feature list that is achievable in the first releases, like:

• is KVM support enough?
  • or you absolutely need support for containers, and which one (VZ7/LXD/LXC/etc.)
  • just local storage, what kind
  • or centralized storage as well, which one
  • which networking features are a must right from the start
  • any other must-have features
  • what issues with your current panel you want fixed

The nice-to-have feature list is obviously endless and a reliable software solution must be actively development and add features over the years, but what is the initial must-have feature list?

(The discussion is outside the OpenStack realm, I'm asking about a turn key solution that doesn't require you to install and manage OpenStack).

Thanked by 1ViridWeb

Comments

• So basically we need pay 100€/m for get price 1€?

So how about if i'm only have one server with 4 cores? It's only 4€? Or i'm missing something?

Vote KVM

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • @LightBlade said:
    So basically we need pay 100€/m for get price 1€?

So how about if i'm only have one server with 4 cores? It's only 4€? Or i'm missing something?

Vote KVM

The minimum monthly payment is 100€ and includes 100 cores (regardless if you have less).

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@fleio said:

@LightBlade said:
    So basically we need pay 100€/m for get price 1€?

Vote KVM

The minimum monthly payment is 100€ and includes 100 cores (regardless if you have less).

For us it's a good deal at that price as you are saying it's a KVM panel + billing

Thanked by 3fleio Ympker webcraft
  • I kinda remember you saying you're not gonna go along with the price nonsense of Solus tho...

Thanked by 1Saahib
  • @MadRabbit said:
    I kinda remember you saying you're not gonna go along with the price nonsense of Solus tho...

Check our pricing page. It's our current pricing which we've been having for a year or two. And the prices before that were higher, not lower. We lowered from 2.5€ / core to 1€ / core.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

Sounds like good pricing. Show us your panel.

Thanked by 1fleio
  • MadRabbitMadRabbit Member
    edited February 2020

@fleio said:

@MadRabbit said:
    I kinda remember you saying you're not gonna go along with the price nonsense of Solus tho...

Check our pricing page. It's our current pricing which we've been having for a year or two. And the prices before that were higher, not lower. We lowered from 2.5€ / core to 1€ / core.

Ah. My bad. But my honest opinion is companies to figure out a new pricing option. Per core makes no sense at all.

Unless I got it all wrong and you are offering me that core for €1. If not then I have no clue who came up with a pricing structure that I should pay for each of my cores every month. Hey, I get it, you need to get paid for your work and all and nothing against that but yeah...just my opinion tho so no need to lynch me for it.

Thanked by 2fleio coreflux
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

IIRC, RamNode is using this.

Thanked by 2fleio uptime
  • @HostSlick said:
    Sounds like good pricing. Show us your panel.

Here's an online demo: https://fleio.com/demo

Right now Fleio only supports OpenStack clouds. You need to install and manage OpenStack, before being able to use Fleio.

I'm asking here about interest in Fleio if it would run as stand alone (without requiring providers to install and manage OpenStack).

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

The price is good. We are interested for Felio+KVM+VZ7

Thanked by 1fleio
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

We have no issue with the pricing

These basic features we need

1. Kvm management panel (Includes dns management, backup management)
    2. Billing
    3. Fraud protection mechanism

Extras (If possible)

1. Hourly billing
    2. Upgrade/downgrade basic features such as storage/extra volume, memory
    Thanked by 1fleio
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

I would pay for this, and I agree with @ViridWeb, plus:

1. Advanced network management/VLAN tagging
    2. Support for local storage and multiple network storage types. (iSCSI, etc)

Basically if you could make it similar to the new Solus.io for that 1/mo, that would almost surely guarantee you a load of business.

Thanked by 2ViridWeb fleio
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

we are happy to pay more than this but what we need is all solutions in one panel like @ViridWeb said

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

pm'd. tldr; I'd be interested.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited February 2020

I would drop the minimum to 10 cores, but overall I like this idea and I have no need for containers.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@HM-Michael said:
    I would drop the minimum to 10 cores, but overall I like this idea and I have no need for containers.

They have to make it worth their time given the support overhead it's going to cause.

A 10 core deal means they'll have every single host that's just starting up ordering it since it'll come in cheaper than SVM1.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@HM-Michael said:

They have to make it worth their time given the support overhead it's going to cause.

A 10 core deal means they'll have every single host that's just starting up ordering it since it'll come in cheaper than SVM1.

Francisco

Yea good point, didn't think about it from that point of view.

• @Francisco said:

@HM-Michael said:

Francisco

True. We're including support with the license cost.

A production cloud infrastructure requires support on complex issues. And support (mainly) scales by adding man-power.

And as you've probably notice from running your hosting business, support effort is higher on lower cost customers.

Basically we don't want any possible customer because we just can't service every possible customer.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • edited February 2020

@fleio said:

@Francisco said:

@HM-Michael said:

Francisco

True. We're including support with the license cost.

A production cloud infrastructure requires support on complex issues. And support (mainly) scales by adding man-power.

And as you've probably notice from running your hosting business, support effort is higher on lower cost customers.

Basically we don't want any possible customer because we just can't service every possible customer.

In the beginning, you want lower tier pricing (providing no/minimal support).
    They can be your beta tester, recommend features to you.
    As your product gains traction and matures, you go back to higher pricing. You can grandfather your initial supporter.
    Of course, you want to limit support to lower tier customer. But prepare to have good documentation.

Thanked by 1fleio
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Usually about now @Francisco gives his standard speech about why VPS providers can't have nice things. It involves past panels that were created that people wouldn't pay pennies for and why people are still buying Solus.

Thanked by 2fleio vimalware

@raindog308 said:
    Usually about now @Francisco gives his standard speech about why VPS providers can't have nice things. It involves past panels that were created that people wouldn't pay pennies for and why people are still buying Solus.

Get off my lawn old man.

Francisco

• @raindog308 said:

I suspect @Francisco takes us seriously, which I appreciate. :)

(though with moderate enthusiasm, born from all those come and go new-panel-wannabes from over the years)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

@raindog308 said:

Pretty sure I am paying at least 2x more for SolusVM than the current Fleio pricing.

edited February 2020

@MikeA said:

@raindog308 said:

Pretty sure I am be paying at least 2x more for SolusVM than the current Fleio pricing.

So your costs are...ryzen?

I'll see myself out.

Francisco

• jfracjfrac Member, Host Rep

Fleio looks cool, but 100 minimum is a too much, maybe drop to 30 with limited/community support and 24 cores max? I'd setup a single blade for testing for that much, never really used openstack.

@jfrac said:
    Fleio looks cool, but 100 minimum is a too much, maybe drop to 30 with limited/community support and 24 cores max? I'd setup a single blade for testing for that much, never really used openstack.

This is talking about a KVM version, not OpenStack.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Yes, but with KVM+VZ7 support and possibly an easy migration route from Solus if possible.

@Host4Geeks said:
    Yes, but with KVM+VZ7 support and possibly an easy migration route from Solus if possible.

I don't think he would want to do it for the cost.

• TejyTejy Member

Hello,
    Did you've started to develop a KVM panel?
    Any ETA for a beta version? :)
    Let me know it,

• haryhary Member

1€ / core / month minimum €10-€20 - KVM, Local and Centralized Storage, vlan tagging, ipv4 public and private, ipv6, hourly billing. i'm in :D