Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Seedboxes As Easy As Shared Seedbox! 1Gbps Unmetered, Upto 32TB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Seedboxes As Easy As Shared Seedbox! 1Gbps Unmetered, Upto 32TB

PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Pulsed Media Managed Dediseedbox(MDS)

We got some good capacity dedicated seedbox for offer, and you can turn these to full dedicated server as well with a small fee. RAID0 default, all like on our shared seedboxes and ready to go in seconds. rTorrent/rutorrent, rclone, sftp, https, syncthing, resilio, ffmpeg etc etc. included. You can also setup plex to these freely as they are dedicated servers just for you.

These are located in our Helsinki, Finland datacenter.

The Offers Are

• F19-MDS-12TB: 4x3TB RAID0, Opteron 6core, 24GB ECC RAM. 39.99€/Month
  • F19-MDS-XEON-12TB: 4x3TB RAID0, Xeon 4core, 36GB ECC RAM. 44.99€/Month
  • F19-MDS-32TB: 4x8TB RAID0, Opteron 6core, 24GB ECC RAM. 69.99€/Month

Full specs and details: https://pulsedmedia.com/managed-dediseedbox.php

Included are:

Extra info:

• Green Datacenter operations
  • Uncongested network with switches optimized for high throughput applications
  • Some latency metrics: 20ms DECIX, 36ms OVH, 38ms Online, 0.4-0.6ms Cloudflare, 31ms Leaseweb, 36ms Redstation (UK), 23ms Hetzner, 23ms Serverloft aka Plusserver (DE, +many other brands). If you want something added, please comment below
  • Datacenter Location: Helsinki, Finland
  • Registered company in Finland
  • Terms Of Service

Payment methods

• Paypal
  • IBAN/SEPA Wiretransfers
  • Crypto (BTC, LTC, XMR, ETH, DOGE and many others. BTC, XMR with small discount!)

Comments

• How much is the "small fee" if i want a dedicated server?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@BigB said:
    How much is the "small fee" if i want a dedicated server?

SUDO/Root "Power" level 5€ a month, and Full dedicated (any distro) 10€ a month extra.

Full details at https://pulsedmedia.com/managed-dediseedbox.php

• So you are renting out dedicated servers, and if we want to use them for anything else than seeding illegal material, we have to pay extra?

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • Serverman said: So you are renting out dedicated servers, and if we want to use them for anything else than seeding illegal material, we have to pay extra?

You'd think having them set up and managed as a seedbox would be what warrants the extra cost, not having everything wiped so you set it up yourself. Especially since the hardware is supposed to be dedicated either way.

edited February 2020

Chronic said: You'd think having them set up and managed as a seedbox would be what warrants the extra cost, not having everything wiped so you set it up yourself. Especially since the hardware is supposed to be dedicated either way.

As a seedbox it is fully automated from start to finish, identical config to 100s of other server.
    As dedicated server it is not fully automated, with as many configs as there is users and thus 10x the support requirement, that equals more cost, which equals higher service pricing.

Installing a server as seedbox server and attaching it to automation takes less than 10minutes of human time for us. Installing a server as dedicated server for someone else likely means a human has to sit through the distro installation as it's rarely to be exact match to a previous setup we could just automate out fully - and we have to monitor & support the server hardware completely differently as we would be 100% reliant on what customer tells us.

• Looking glass?

• I guess these do not have IPMI since you mentioned manual installation babysitting by staff.

What is the network transfer limit? Sorry if I missed it.

• RecDRecD Member

@vimalware said:

I think it’s been mentioned in the title: “1Gbps Unmetered”

Thanked by 2vimalware TimboJones
  • @RecD said:

@vimalware said:

I think it’s been mentioned in the title: “1Gbps Unmetered”

That's the second time I missed the obvious in the title. I was about to reply the order pages say 100TB.

Thanked by 1vimalware

Oops, sorry i made a mistake! 100TB as plain seedbox, if you take SUDO/Root access it's upgraded to Unmetered.

vimalware said: I guess these do not have IPMI

No IPMI/Remote management access.

lurch said: Looking glass?

Sorry we do not provide looking glass page at this time.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    Oops, sorry i made a mistake! 100TB as plain seedbox, if you take SUDO/Root access it's upgraded to Unmetered.

vimalware said: I guess these do not have IPMI

No IPMI/Remote management access.

lurch said: Looking glass?

Sorry we do not provide looking glass page at this time.

I'm not your target audience, but if you want more sale at this price, you could include instant Plex installation. It's very easy to automate, there's already working GitHub scripts. All you need to do is decide whether to enable or disable CPU transcoding. Then you will have many buyers who wants to seed/download torrents as well as watching it via Plex. A full Plex install only take few mega, a ready to play Plex install with posters etc could at rather as small as 20 GB.

jamuja said: I'm not your target audience, but if you want more sale at this price, you could include instant Plex installation. It's very easy to automate, there's already working GitHub scripts. All you need to do is decide whether to enable or disable CPU transcoding. Then you will have many buyers who wants to seed/download torrents as well as watching it via Plex. A full Plex install only take few mega, a ready to play Plex install with posters etc could at rather as small as 20 GB.

We do allow users to install Plex, but making it easier would indeed be easier. Did not realize people have made easy installer scripts, any suggestions which to look into?

• How do you guys handle copyright claims, dmca, etc?

jahrinc said: How do you guys handle copyright claims, dmca, etc?

According to Finnish law.

• boerndboernd Member
    edited March 2020

nvm.

• @PulsedMedia said:

Let me get my Finnish lawyer on the phone to ask. Oh wait... you're not doing yourself any favours with that answer.

• @TimboJones said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Let me get my Finnish lawyer on the phone to ask. Oh wait... you're not doing yourself any favours with that answer.

I used PulsedMedia before, they don't forward DMCA to end users, maybe DMCA doesn't apply to Finland, either that or they Ignore DMCA takedown notices and don't really restrict even public tracker torrents like other seedbox companies stop seeding once download completes, not problem with Pulsed

Checkout out review at LET by @raindog308 https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/108828/review-pulsedmedia-seedbox

I have personally moved to Dedicated servers (like I have to install everything + setup security, etc.) but PulsedMedia are great for newbies with no linux knowledge needed, seedbox is setup automatically and ready to go.

Thanked by 2default TimboJones
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2020

They ignore them. That's a non negotiable requirement in their business and customers demand it.

They will not admit to it in this forum because it's a legal grey area. That's why they give vague answers.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • PulsedMedia said: According to Finnish law.

Thanked by 1Mikasa